GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Would you consider this geeky?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 15:34
Regular
A group of four-six 17 year olds, once a week, learn how to fight with latex swords at "Weapons training". They have spent money on crossbows/ latex swords/ chainmail / and shields etc..

The same group of 17 year olds plan to go to a "Live Role Play" in the summer for four days.

In this "Live Role Play" they roleplay as dwarves/swordsman etc.. in a big open field with woods and lots of empty space with some other people who are also roleplaying. They camp out during these four days and don't get much sleep because other people roleplaying come and hit them with their latex swords. Everyone looks ridiculous in their chainmail with their latex swords and just hit people. One person will be prancing around "healing" people who have been hit with latex swords and are lying on the floor counting to 30, pretending to be dead.

Then at the end, all the ridiculous looking people in chainmail with latex swords meet and hit each other with latex swords. Oh and fire crossbows at each other.

So is that geeky or not? I thought it was, but apparently according to them it isn't. After all they apparently during these four days get "very" drunk.
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:38
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
cookie monster wrote:
> That is soooo Geeky, my god that is really bad, these people must be
> mocked at every available occasion.

I'll mock them every occasion I have already. I'll add one from you.

Should I name and shame the geeks "The Sun" style?
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:08
Regular
"That's right!"
Rakuga wrote:
> mm.. is 59 posts enough to win my argument with my friend that what
> he's doing is breaking the constitution of "coolness"?

----------

Argh! Rakuga is friends with a geek! Argh!
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
And the ones that lag behind the others while running away due to injuries from latex weapons should be mercilessly beaten.
Kinda like how things work in the animal kingdom.
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That is soooo Geeky, my god that is really bad, these people must be mocked at every available occasion.
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:43
Regular
exactly how do you know about this Rakuga?

EH!?
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:41
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Smooth Criminal wrote:
> Well it's not exactly 'geeky'... just incredibly strange.

Explain.......... how is it not geeky?
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:37
"Uzi Lover"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> We rule. :0D

We sure do...

Those bloody geeks. heh.
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
Better make it a few more. Yes, that's very geeky.

Christ. A bunch of guys that spend just about the whole day chatting about gaming and stuff, calling other people geeks.

We rule. :0D
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:31
Well it's not exactly 'geeky'... just incredibly strange.
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
mm.. is 59 posts enough to win my argument with my friend that what he's doing is breaking the constitution of "coolness"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.