GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Promotion wars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 10:31
Regular
www.promwars.co.uk

Obviously I don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but it's worth checking out. Download Promotion Wars 1.2E

It's a bit like championship manager, only with wrestling. It's only about 2MB to download (yet it is still pretty good).

Have fun.
Fri 10/05/02 at 21:16
Regular
Could someone help me out here. Preferably someone who is amazing with computers :D

I have downloaded this Promotion Wars to a Floppy Disk and when i click on open it comes up in a Word Document with all codes on it!

What shall i do now?
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Where's SR?"
It's a bit hard to find a purpose in the game as the WWF because you've got no competition. I've just had No Way Out but the fueds don't seem to be working out except for the Big Show and Kane who are almost on a full bar, even after two pay per views. The only problem is people always think their matches are the worst. It's fun but you don't really have enough control over what happens. The highlights are a bit repetitive and it seems to lack depth. I hope PW2 is better.
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
They could really advance this idea, I can't wait for version 2 if he releases it.

Only things I would like to see are being able to choose who wins the matches, more variation in the highlights and more matches/feuds etc.

The wrestlers are fantastic though. Hundreds of them.
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:25
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Correct
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
VenomByte wrote:
> Yeah, it's does start to drag a bit.
>
> Have any of you tried playing as the WWA? I've got my ratings up to
> 1.6 and I'm just starting to turn a profit with them now.
>
> Looks like I'll have to stop now though. My degree is suffering... :)

Yeah, I'm them at the moment. Managed to sign people like Sabu, Kid Kash, Goldust, Scott Hall and Low Ki' to up my ratings a bit, and I'm pushing loads of Cruiserweights. Also got hold of Vader and this Japanese guy Mihara or something, but who are involved in a great feud.

The higher the orange bar, the better the feud, right?
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:22
Hercules! wrote:
> I hope the dude is going to continue making PW2. That should be
> good.

Theres a much better under construction sim.

www.headtoheadwrestling.com
Fri 10/05/02 at 14:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
They could really advance this idea if it wasn't for all the politics and copyrights and stuff. Damn legal system.
Fri 10/05/02 at 09:55
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yeah, it's does start to drag a bit.

Have any of you tried playing as the WWA? I've got my ratings up to 1.6 and I'm just starting to turn a profit with them now.

Looks like I'll have to stop now though. My degree is suffering... :)
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Hmmm....."
It gets repetetive though. Thats why its a bit boring.

I hope the dude is going to continue making PW2. That should be good.

:)
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I had a wonderful feud going between Tajiri and The Hurricane. I also got Sabu as Hardcore champ.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.