GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Promotion wars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 10:31
Regular
www.promwars.co.uk

Obviously I don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but it's worth checking out. Download Promotion Wars 1.2E

It's a bit like championship manager, only with wrestling. It's only about 2MB to download (yet it is still pretty good).

Have fun.
Tue 14/05/02 at 18:50
Regular
Thanks Ant for that info and how to give a wrestler a push. Chris Jericho will now be champion for a bit :D
Tue 14/05/02 at 18:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Obsessed with this game now. :D

Signed people like CIMA, Jody Fleisch and Kevin Martel for the fantastic entertainment, and people like Rock, Sting and Foley for the draw values.

Sabu has now been WWA Champion for around 180 days, and here's a list of the best opponents he has defended it against: Jeff Jarrett, Kid Kash, Scott Hall, Juventud Guerrera, Grand Master Sexay, Hulk Hogan, Mitsuharu Misawa, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Crowbar, Low Ki', Psicosis, Goldust, Vader and he's also beaten Rock in a non-title match.

I've managed to make all those guys into Upper Card wrestlers, even though a lot of them will still wrestle against my upcoming guys like Danny Dominion, CIMA, Jody Fliesch and Kevin Martel.

Being the WWA rules. :D

Scott, click on a wrestler's name when you go into Roster, and in the bottom left hand corner it will say "give push". Do that, and they will then win all their matches (unless it's against someone else who's getting a push.)

Guys I'd recommend buying/pushing are Juventud Guerrera, Psicosis, Crowbar, Goldust, Kid Kash, Low Ki', Kazuya Yuasa and Danny Dominion. This is because they all have (apart from Goldust) great entertainment values and gain a lot of draw value. Goldust has gone up from about 80 to 87, Guerrera from around 70 into the mid 80s and ditto for Crowbar.

The highest entertainment I've found so far is CIMA with 96.
Tue 14/05/02 at 18:32
Regular
How do you give a wrestler a push?

Also one thing, why can't you decide who wins matches on this game?!

And its so annoying when you have the Royal Rumble and someone like Spike Dudley wins it as it isn't realistic! Say i gave Triple HHH a push would he win Rumble?
Sun 12/05/02 at 23:09
Regular
"That's right!"
No, you always make money from merchandise, no matter what price you set your wrestler stuff to (ie 0) because, I dunno, I guess they sell stuff with the company name on (ie WWF t-shirts)
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You mean merchandise. It always says 0 when I leave it on 0.
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
Question on sponsorship. Once it's selling, can you put the price you spend down to zero? I mean, will it still sell even if it's at zero?
Sun 12/05/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Brrrrr."
blahpro wrote:
> Well, i'm glasd you happy :)

Danm - i try to type to fast!
Sun 12/05/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Well, i'm glasd you happy :)
Sun 12/05/02 at 18:28
Regular
Yay i can play it now and its amazing!
Sun 12/05/02 at 16:47
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Do you get Run Time errors? If you do first try restarting the computer before playing. If that doesn't work try the Promotion Wars forums using the link at the side of the Promotion Wars website.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.