GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To help me sleep?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 03:10
Regular
Couple of you on here might know that I have huge problems getting to sleep every night which is really starting to destroy me physically and mentally. I am just wondering if anyone knows anyway (without alcohol or illegal drugs) to get to sleep and get a good nights rest.

I need some because my A level exams are fast flying towards me over the horizon.

One of you out there must know a way (without the bloody counting sheep method) to get to sleep. Flowers? Soap? Scents?....

I cry sometimes, my body doesn't let me go to sleep. Its not painful, but its killing me.

Please.
Joby
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
When all else fails Nytol works wonders - the only thing is you can still feel quite drowsy in the morning, If you do use it go to bed early so that you have had a really long sleep so that when you wake up you can get over the drowsy feeling quicker.

Personally I find having the radio on quietly helps to relax me enough to drift off - If you use the telly or radio set the timer so it switches off otherwise it can wake you up again.
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:41
"High polygon count"
Things you can try:

1. Nytol
2. Reading
3. Music
4. Leaving the TV on quietly
5. Holding your breath until you pass out
6. Watching a recording of any football match with Liverpool involved (barring last night's game against Blackburn)

If none of those work, find someone with a strong arm and a hammer.

(Sorry about those last few...)
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would go with Jimmy Ducks herbal approach.
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:09
Try drinking some whiskey before you go to bed but only a little,or just not going on your computer or watching TV like your honour said =P
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Your Honour wrote:
> The flickering screen affects your eyes, this sends messages to your
> brain which keeps your brain active and you awake.

This I did not know, no wonder for the last two nights I've had trouble sleeping, going to bed at 12.30 straight from staring at my monitor for the last 3 hours!

Thanks, I'll give this a go :-)
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:46
Regular
Don't go to bed straight after playing computer games, looking at a monitor or watching telly generally.

The flickering screen affects your eyes, this sends messages to your brain which keeps your brain active and you awake.

Try just not watching a screen for an hour before you get into bed, that may help.

Oh, digestive biscuits are supposed to help as well. True.
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:43
Regular
Have single serving sex, which I can't think of a word for that isn't filtered out.

Sorry, really tired, can't think.
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:32
"Darkness, always"
exhaust yourself. like many gamers, I suspect that you do little or no exercise. Get out, go running. Get home, and lift weights, always warm up, and warm down after.

And, after your exercise, and before you try to sleep, read. Get a good book, and read it. If you do enough exercise, and burn enough energy, readin will make your eyes heavy, and put you to sleep in no time.

I suffered from insomnia after my A-Levels, and after trying alcohol and then trying sleeping pills, i eventually opted for workouts and readin sessions, which ended my insomnia.
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
Play soft music through headphones. This helps me always. There was one point where I was getting literally 2 hours sleep night, so I started listening to music. And every night Goodnight Elizabeth by Counting Crows sent me off.

Just listen to soft music it works for me. Failing that try warm milk.
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:09
Regular
"I confused?"
I couldn't sleep for ages, go into holland and barrat and ask for peaceful night hebal medicine. It works a treat, it doesn't knock you out just relaxes you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.