GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To help me sleep?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 03:10
Regular
Couple of you on here might know that I have huge problems getting to sleep every night which is really starting to destroy me physically and mentally. I am just wondering if anyone knows anyway (without alcohol or illegal drugs) to get to sleep and get a good nights rest.

I need some because my A level exams are fast flying towards me over the horizon.

One of you out there must know a way (without the bloody counting sheep method) to get to sleep. Flowers? Soap? Scents?....

I cry sometimes, my body doesn't let me go to sleep. Its not painful, but its killing me.

Please.
Joby
Fri 10/05/02 at 03:52
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
*flies around the forums, oblivious of the time. Having been up all night, he finds that it's time to go to bed now. He lays down, and places his goldent satchel on the floor. After that, he procedes to g...ah, feck this, I'm off*
Fri 10/05/02 at 01:38
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
God I'm knackered, that should have read:

When you close you eyes look forward at the tip of your nose, through closed eyes, and count slowly, regulating your breathing at the same time. The main cause of sleeplessness is rapid eye movement when you shut your eyes. Focusing on the point should relax your eyes and you'll soon nod off, just try not to think about it too much.

Alternatively go to see your GP and they'll probably be able to prescribe you something or at least give you some tips.
Fri 10/05/02 at 01:35
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
When you close you eyes look forward to the tip of your nose, through closed eyes, and count slowy, regulating your breathing. The main cause of sleeplessness is rapid eye movement when you shut your eyes. Focusing on the point should relax your eyes and you'll soon nod off, just try to to think about it too much.

Alternatively go to see your GP and they'll probably be able to proscribe you something or at least give you some tips.

Night night :-)
Fri 10/05/02 at 00:58
Regular
"95% organic"
Read Edgy's Legend of Zelda storie... yawn

zzzzzzzzzz
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Listen to Nirvanas 'Something In The Way' Fall asleep..............only to be woken up by the cool section at the end of the Nevermind album!

That has happened lots to me!
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
*wakes up*

I DID IT!

Read a story, had some Nytol.

WRONG TIME OF DAY.

Damn.... :|
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:35
Regular
Mystique wrote:
"Read all of the notable hunter stories in one go"

Christ, it takes me long enough to get back awake after reading just the one.

(Grixy Grixy you can't say that! You're a notable! Look at all the poor innocent regulars wanting your votes! They think they're better than you!)

Ah, but they're not my dear brain, they want comfort for their small willies, they want to be told that they don't need a pretty face to be happy, cus they got plans for this forum, oh yes, plans... and if only they had the name, that beautiful gold name that meant Snuggly would talk to you, they could change this place, oh yes, turn it around.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:23
Something which i find helps is sleeping in a newly made bed, you feel more relaxed.

Also, never have an analogue clock in the room! The ticking distacts your mind, making it harder to sleep.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Nythol.

I have the same problem.

I don't use Nythol, but it's meant to work.
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:57
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Mystique wrote:
> Read all of the notable hunter stories in one go
>
> Sleep with the tv on
>
> Nytol
>
> or get totally pi$$ed

They can all work at the same time if you shove a banana in there, too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.