GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skins"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/02/08 at 14:47
Regular
I've seen some adverts for the second series of this, which look pretty good. But I never saw the first series. Is it worth me digging into?
Thu 10/04/08 at 09:15
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Yeha its a shame but there is really no other way of doing it unless they did a character a week episode at their new Universities which may of worked but the whole good thing about skins is the way all the characters bounce off each other and have pasts which you want to see them rectify.
Wed 09/04/08 at 22:05
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
The whole cast is getting axed????
Tue 08/04/08 at 14:59
Regular
Nin wrote:
I simply cannot believe they're sacking
> this entire cast, it's just gross stupidity.

What else would you have them do? They're all going to separate Universities.
Tue 08/04/08 at 09:09
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Yeha I must of misread about the finale. Does set it up well. Can't believe they killed Chris *Weeps into a hankercheif*

I think the first series was better, and I know the third will be worse than both of them.

What you think?
Tue 08/04/08 at 00:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Well that was a pretty good episode for the first 40 minutes and crap for the next 15 but at least it's now setup properly for a fantastic last episode. I simply cannot believe they're sacking this entire cast, it's just gross stupidity.
Mon 07/04/08 at 22:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Every week! Every bloody week without fail!
Mon 07/04/08 at 18:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
jubbachainsaw wrote:
> Was a good episode, bring on tonights finale. It's gonna be good.

Finale is next week, then they're sacking the entire cast and starting again :(

> Whats peoples opinions on this series compared to the first?

Maybe not quite as good but it's had a very different tone to it compared to series 1. What it has done though, it's done pretty well.
Mon 07/04/08 at 09:35
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Was a good episode, bring on tonights finale. It's gonna be good.

Whats peoples opinions on this series compared to the first?
Thu 03/04/08 at 18:43
Regular
"Mooching around"
Well said jubba :)

And to Nin, I thought that episode was rather good, though Cassie annyoed me greatly :D
Thu 03/04/08 at 12:44
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Skins to me has become a regular Monday night activity, I was extremely annoyed that my playing of Guitar Hero on the Wii on Monday forced me to miss the latest episode.

I heard alot about the first series but never paid enough attention to actually catch an episode. After seeing the trailers for the 2nd series, I thought i'd take the chance to watch the whole first series in one go so I could start watching series 2 a fresh. Im glad I did.

Even though the acting of some of the characters is a bit drab on the whole they do portray the youths of today very well. Best character has got to be Cassie, just for her sheer dopiness and idiocy, but at the same time I dont think that she is as stupid as she acts.

Just a good mix of characters and the way the make you go from hating a character like Tony to liking him in a few episodes is good writig on Harry Enfields part and the vice versa way he makes you dislike Sid a bit more shows this aswell.

On the whole if you havent seen skins already you should definitely sit down with a few beers and a clear impression fo what to expect and take it for what it is, a modern day dramatical comedy which brings to light some issues that modern day people think are right when morally they are wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.