GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare, how could you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 09:07
Regular
So my copy of Super Money Ball arrived yesterday. malibu saw it, wodered what it was, so I told her we could play it tomorrowwhen daddy's Gamecube arrived. Only, she replied "Starfox too, Daddy!"

But Starfox isn't a launch title, so I replied, "No Malibu Starfox isn't out yet"
But she replied "Daddy get it for me!"

So Lisa said "Daddy can't get Starfox for you, he's not ready yet."

Again, Malibu replied "Daddy get Starfox for me!"

This is breaking my heart, I hope she's not really disappointed. Looping Quicktime video's will help a little, but if she's really expecting the game, what can I do?

It all started last year, after E3, when I started downloading video clips of the games. Malibu took a liking to some of them. She enjoyed the animals in Donkey Kong Racing, and the music. She likes the ghosties in Luigi's Mansion. She particularly liked a clip of the Mickey mouse game, even though it's only 3 seconds long. Pikmin was another favourite for a while too.

But over the months, as I built my collection of video clips Malibu took a particular shine to the clips of Starfox Adventures. She knows many of the characters featured in it (by the names Starfox, Froggy and Rabbit, but I can't argue with that logic!) and every time I switch on the PC she asks to see them. I've had to change my desktop wallpaper to feature Starfox, just to please her.

Rare have had ages to get this game out. They had the basic structure when it was an N64 game, it shouldn't have taken so long to build for the Gamecube! Don't they know how much they're upsettign my little girl my holding off this game?

At least Fox McCloud is in Super Smash Bros: Melee, so at least in a couple of weeks Malibu will get to see something of her new hero Starfox, and surely I'll be able to get hold of more video after E3, but Rare had better pull their fingers out, and get this game out here as soon as they can, or they're going to have the tears of my little girl to deal with!
Fri 03/05/02 at 11:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
:-D
Fri 03/05/02 at 11:08
Regular
"not dead"
Sweet idea!

I'll search ebay for Fox goodies!
Fri 03/05/02 at 10:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Masterplan alert!

Go and buy her MERCHENDISE! You must be able to find Starfox figures somewhere, you know wing-thingies and the dudes. I don't know, I've never played the damn thing, but the thought that merchendise doesn't exist is inconcievable!
Fri 03/05/02 at 09:32
Regular
"not dead"
I will do, when I get home later. :-)
Fri 03/05/02 at 09:30
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I told you to tell her his Arwing broke down, you really should have used that one!

:)
Fri 03/05/02 at 09:07
Regular
"not dead"
So my copy of Super Money Ball arrived yesterday. malibu saw it, wodered what it was, so I told her we could play it tomorrowwhen daddy's Gamecube arrived. Only, she replied "Starfox too, Daddy!"

But Starfox isn't a launch title, so I replied, "No Malibu Starfox isn't out yet"
But she replied "Daddy get it for me!"

So Lisa said "Daddy can't get Starfox for you, he's not ready yet."

Again, Malibu replied "Daddy get Starfox for me!"

This is breaking my heart, I hope she's not really disappointed. Looping Quicktime video's will help a little, but if she's really expecting the game, what can I do?

It all started last year, after E3, when I started downloading video clips of the games. Malibu took a liking to some of them. She enjoyed the animals in Donkey Kong Racing, and the music. She likes the ghosties in Luigi's Mansion. She particularly liked a clip of the Mickey mouse game, even though it's only 3 seconds long. Pikmin was another favourite for a while too.

But over the months, as I built my collection of video clips Malibu took a particular shine to the clips of Starfox Adventures. She knows many of the characters featured in it (by the names Starfox, Froggy and Rabbit, but I can't argue with that logic!) and every time I switch on the PC she asks to see them. I've had to change my desktop wallpaper to feature Starfox, just to please her.

Rare have had ages to get this game out. They had the basic structure when it was an N64 game, it shouldn't have taken so long to build for the Gamecube! Don't they know how much they're upsettign my little girl my holding off this game?

At least Fox McCloud is in Super Smash Bros: Melee, so at least in a couple of weeks Malibu will get to see something of her new hero Starfox, and surely I'll be able to get hold of more video after E3, but Rare had better pull their fingers out, and get this game out here as soon as they can, or they're going to have the tears of my little girl to deal with!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.