GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare, how could you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 09:07
Regular
So my copy of Super Money Ball arrived yesterday. malibu saw it, wodered what it was, so I told her we could play it tomorrowwhen daddy's Gamecube arrived. Only, she replied "Starfox too, Daddy!"

But Starfox isn't a launch title, so I replied, "No Malibu Starfox isn't out yet"
But she replied "Daddy get it for me!"

So Lisa said "Daddy can't get Starfox for you, he's not ready yet."

Again, Malibu replied "Daddy get Starfox for me!"

This is breaking my heart, I hope she's not really disappointed. Looping Quicktime video's will help a little, but if she's really expecting the game, what can I do?

It all started last year, after E3, when I started downloading video clips of the games. Malibu took a liking to some of them. She enjoyed the animals in Donkey Kong Racing, and the music. She likes the ghosties in Luigi's Mansion. She particularly liked a clip of the Mickey mouse game, even though it's only 3 seconds long. Pikmin was another favourite for a while too.

But over the months, as I built my collection of video clips Malibu took a particular shine to the clips of Starfox Adventures. She knows many of the characters featured in it (by the names Starfox, Froggy and Rabbit, but I can't argue with that logic!) and every time I switch on the PC she asks to see them. I've had to change my desktop wallpaper to feature Starfox, just to please her.

Rare have had ages to get this game out. They had the basic structure when it was an N64 game, it shouldn't have taken so long to build for the Gamecube! Don't they know how much they're upsettign my little girl my holding off this game?

At least Fox McCloud is in Super Smash Bros: Melee, so at least in a couple of weeks Malibu will get to see something of her new hero Starfox, and surely I'll be able to get hold of more video after E3, but Rare had better pull their fingers out, and get this game out here as soon as they can, or they're going to have the tears of my little girl to deal with!
Sun 05/05/02 at 22:52
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Vottanator wrote:
> In fact, when is Starfox Adventures out?
>
> September?

Expect November.
Sun 05/05/02 at 22:33
"Uzi Lover"
Before Lylatwars came out, I hyped it so much that me and my sister and neighbour all played Starfox on our bikes. I was Fox of course :-)
Sun 05/05/02 at 18:38
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
In fact, when is Starfox Adventures out?

September?
Sun 05/05/02 at 18:21
Regular
"are you serious"
give your daughter lylat wars for now and assure her that starfox adventures will be worth the wait.
after all this is rare we are talking about
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:38
I'm gonna get starfox adventures when it comes out, it looks really good.
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:11
of course it wont play DVD DVDs but it will play GC DVDs. Best thing ever IMO. Nintendo won't be losing millions of pounds to pirates. argh!
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
0-MessiaH-0 wrote:
> hell, why don't you whip out an N64 and buy Lylat Wars or Smash Bros
> for around a fiver from somewhere? That'll shut it up.

You just called his 2 year old daughter an 'it'. Me thinks he won't be too pleased. :-D

Oh and Turbo, I have plenty of DVD players to watch this NGC DVD on so it makes no difference to me. Why don't you go watch a DVD on your pathetically poor quality PS2 DVD player. Then come back and argue how great the picture is for the price. Then I'll say it's nothing compared my ALBA DVD downstairs, and dismally poor compared my Toshiba one upstairs. I have my Toshiba DVD and my PS2 set next to each other and believe me PS2 has extremely poor quality. It may have good games but it should stick to just games!

I mean listen to how it sounds. An Alba DVD player is better than a Sony one. Hahahahaahah!!!!!

:-D
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:14
Regular
"keep your receipt"
hell, why don't you whip out an N64 and buy Lylat Wars or Smash Bros for around a fiver from somewhere? That'll shut it up.
Sun 05/05/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'm sure he means "Let her hold the pad while sitting in front of the DVD playing on something that's not a GameCube".

The GC can't play DVDs, period, no matter what size the disc is. I'm tried running DVDs on this, the same CPU power as the GC, it doesn't work. Even my Mum's 1ghz looks abit crap. The PS2 can manage because it has hardware MPEG2 decompression built in to the chip, the GC doesn't.
Sun 05/05/02 at 12:54
Listening to the description, "Let her hold the pad" I would guess that this demo IS on a Gamecube mini DVD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.