GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare, how could you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 09:07
Regular
So my copy of Super Money Ball arrived yesterday. malibu saw it, wodered what it was, so I told her we could play it tomorrowwhen daddy's Gamecube arrived. Only, she replied "Starfox too, Daddy!"

But Starfox isn't a launch title, so I replied, "No Malibu Starfox isn't out yet"
But she replied "Daddy get it for me!"

So Lisa said "Daddy can't get Starfox for you, he's not ready yet."

Again, Malibu replied "Daddy get Starfox for me!"

This is breaking my heart, I hope she's not really disappointed. Looping Quicktime video's will help a little, but if she's really expecting the game, what can I do?

It all started last year, after E3, when I started downloading video clips of the games. Malibu took a liking to some of them. She enjoyed the animals in Donkey Kong Racing, and the music. She likes the ghosties in Luigi's Mansion. She particularly liked a clip of the Mickey mouse game, even though it's only 3 seconds long. Pikmin was another favourite for a while too.

But over the months, as I built my collection of video clips Malibu took a particular shine to the clips of Starfox Adventures. She knows many of the characters featured in it (by the names Starfox, Froggy and Rabbit, but I can't argue with that logic!) and every time I switch on the PC she asks to see them. I've had to change my desktop wallpaper to feature Starfox, just to please her.

Rare have had ages to get this game out. They had the basic structure when it was an N64 game, it shouldn't have taken so long to build for the Gamecube! Don't they know how much they're upsettign my little girl my holding off this game?

At least Fox McCloud is in Super Smash Bros: Melee, so at least in a couple of weeks Malibu will get to see something of her new hero Starfox, and surely I'll be able to get hold of more video after E3, but Rare had better pull their fingers out, and get this game out here as soon as they can, or they're going to have the tears of my little girl to deal with!
Sun 05/05/02 at 00:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oh, a DVD, great, except the GC can't play DVDs so quite a large amount of the audience won't be able to see it. Fantastic idea.

Oh, but hang on, I thought the GC discs were supposed to be cheaper than DVDs. Why don't they put them on a GC disc so everyone can see, if they're so cheap?

Hmm, let me think.
Sat 04/05/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
NGC has a DVD next month with 26 games on I think.

That includes Starfox.

Out May 10 I believe, or May 13th. Not quite sure. And I am only saying this because I heard it off 2 different people. Which probably makes it true. Unless those 2 people heard it off the same person. Although those 2 people probably don't know each other. If they did, I'd be VERY surprised.

Tell Malibu that Starfox is on the way.

You can even let her 'play' the video. Just play the DVD and let her hold the pad. If she's 2 she won't realise. Hell I did that to a 13 year old! I plugged in Wave Race 64, and gave him the second pad. Then I picked up the player 1 pad and watched his pad, moving the pad in the direction that I saw him move. Every now and then I'd pull off a trick and he'd think he was Jesus. When I told him, he must have felt a right fool. Thinking he was Jesus, pfffff. You know there's only one Jesus. And that's me. :-D

He really must have thought the game was quite unresponsive!
Sat 04/05/02 at 08:44
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Grandprix wrote:
> Meka Dragon wrote:
> So my copy of Super Money Ball arrived yesterday.
>
> Money makes the world go round...

MONKEY makes the world go round! He he he.

Sorry. That was crap.
Fri 03/05/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> So my copy of Super Money Ball arrived yesterday.

Money makes the world go round...
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
POSESSED DAMNIT!
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
no offence Meka, but is your daughter a little posest?
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I can't wait for the new Starfox game either!!
And when this arrives, along with Zelda, the new Final Fantasy game(s), and maybe one or two more, the newly released GameCube will soon look like THE console for every RPG fan!!
Fri 03/05/02 at 15:13
Regular
There HAS to be Starfox toys out there... I'll give you a hand looking Meka.
Fri 03/05/02 at 14:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Argh the screams and tears of an unhappy child are a hard task to deal with.
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
Another hurdle you'll have to cross is what are you gonna say to her when he dies in the game..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.