GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare, how could you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 09:07
Regular
So my copy of Super Money Ball arrived yesterday. malibu saw it, wodered what it was, so I told her we could play it tomorrowwhen daddy's Gamecube arrived. Only, she replied "Starfox too, Daddy!"

But Starfox isn't a launch title, so I replied, "No Malibu Starfox isn't out yet"
But she replied "Daddy get it for me!"

So Lisa said "Daddy can't get Starfox for you, he's not ready yet."

Again, Malibu replied "Daddy get Starfox for me!"

This is breaking my heart, I hope she's not really disappointed. Looping Quicktime video's will help a little, but if she's really expecting the game, what can I do?

It all started last year, after E3, when I started downloading video clips of the games. Malibu took a liking to some of them. She enjoyed the animals in Donkey Kong Racing, and the music. She likes the ghosties in Luigi's Mansion. She particularly liked a clip of the Mickey mouse game, even though it's only 3 seconds long. Pikmin was another favourite for a while too.

But over the months, as I built my collection of video clips Malibu took a particular shine to the clips of Starfox Adventures. She knows many of the characters featured in it (by the names Starfox, Froggy and Rabbit, but I can't argue with that logic!) and every time I switch on the PC she asks to see them. I've had to change my desktop wallpaper to feature Starfox, just to please her.

Rare have had ages to get this game out. They had the basic structure when it was an N64 game, it shouldn't have taken so long to build for the Gamecube! Don't they know how much they're upsettign my little girl my holding off this game?

At least Fox McCloud is in Super Smash Bros: Melee, so at least in a couple of weeks Malibu will get to see something of her new hero Starfox, and surely I'll be able to get hold of more video after E3, but Rare had better pull their fingers out, and get this game out here as soon as they can, or they're going to have the tears of my little girl to deal with!
Sat 11/05/02 at 18:23
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Nintendo better keep to their promised realeased dates with the cube
> or I will go and poke that Shiggy guy in the eye.

LOL
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You never know Grix, if I like FFX I may give Skies of Arcadia another go.

If I turn out to actually like the battle system in FFX then I'll most likely give Arcadia another try on the Gamecube and then I'm sure you'll be happy.....if I like the game.

Or you could win GAD and give me Skies of Arcadia for the GamCube, then I'd be happy.

Or I could just write a review. Me thinks I'll write a review. I'm bored anyway.
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:01
"Uzi Lover"
Nintendo better keep to their promised realeased dates with the cube or I will go and poke that Shiggy guy in the eye.
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Add six months to whatever they say and you're on course for the right release date.

Is it genuinely because of delays, or do they do it to add extra hype to the game? (hell, I could write an entire topic on that question...)

Lylat Wars was a good game. It's the only N64 game I've actually purchased twice. (Not at the same time, obviously).

As a shoot em up, the fun is in the playing, rather than the exploring. This makes lastability less important, in my opinion.
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:52
Regular
Strafex wrote:
"Has Starfox Adventures got a release date yet?"

Even if it had, would you trust it? :0)
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:50
Regular
Vottanator wrote:

"Lylat Wars was an absolutely fantastic game."

Loves Lylat Wars, hates Skies of Arcadia. Do you even LIKE games? :0D
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:54
Regular
Has Starfox Adventures got a release date yet?
Tue 07/05/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
That is good news!

Lylat Wars was an absolutely fantastic game. Those who say it is too short are idiots, because the lastability of the game relied totally on the scoring system. It took just under an hour to complete which is perfect. That's how long most people are willing to sit down to play a game at one sitting for. You just kept playing to beat your score. If the game took a long time to complete then you'd never keep playing through to better you score.

The medals were great too. Expert was tough but I managed all medals on that too, only to lend the game to a "friend" who managed to delete everything on it!

The most annoying thing is the fact that it was impossible to accidentally delete the data on that game. It would first ask if you wanted to delete data. Then it would ask if you were really sure. Two chances to cancel but the damn retard deleted it all anyway. Safe to say that was the last time I ever lended him anything. Except for Silence of the Lambs, which I still don;t have back.

Grrrr....
Tue 07/05/02 at 16:17
"Uzi Lover"
MEKA, if you haven't already seen -

(Taken From IGN.com)

"Later this year UK studio Rare and Nintendo will release Star Fox Adventures for GameCube, but this, according to sources, is only the beginning of Fox McCloud's story for Nintendo's next-generation console.
Insiders out of Japan allege that the Namco is currently working jointly with Nintendo on a brand new Star Fox title for GameCube. The new project, underway for a short period already, is said to be a straight 3D shooter "in the traditional style of the series." The title is in development on Nintendo's Triforce arcade hardware, according to sources. No other concrete details about the game are available at this time.

This project marks the second official time Nintendo has recently partnered with a Japanese developer for the joint recreation of one of its franchises on GameCube, the first being the highly anticipated F-Zero GC / AC titles by the firm and Sega. Capcom Entertainment has also recently stated that it is working on a joint project with Nintendo, but would not specify for which system, GameCube or Game Boy Advance.

An official announcement regarding the project is expected later this week.

IGNcube contacted both Nintendo of America and Namco for comments, but neither company returned our phone calls in time for publish."

It looks as though Malibu (if you spell it like that :-)) will be VERY happy. Not sure about him going around shooting things though heh.

Ad I was about 11 at the time Messiah (if you spell it like that also)
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:23
Regular
"keep your receipt"
How old are you Monkey_With_Attitude

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.