GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The official 'I've got mine!' thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 07:09
Regular
Instead of loads of people posting loads of topics about when they get there GameCube, just send it here. First to get their GameCube gets, errr, a prize :-D

So, get GameCube, post here, get a *prize* ;-)
Fri 03/05/02 at 15:37
Regular
I got a game from SR today, wahey. Only thing is, its a GAD prize and I don't have a GC :( Someone send me theirs :p
Fri 03/05/02 at 15:33
"Mimmargh!"
I just played 2 hours of Rogue Leader on my new black GameCube.
Let me tell you this; that game is damn hard! :0)
Fri 03/05/02 at 15:21
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Oh yeah, I got one I got one!

I got mine from Argos (Who incidentally only dropped their GC price to £129.99 today!). I ended up holding the cue up because I pre ordered and the woman didn't know how to process my deposit/reciept thingy.

She ordered me one for free at first.

She wouldn't let me have it though :0)
Fri 03/05/02 at 15:19
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Your Honour wrote:
> When is MarioKart going to be released for the GC?
>
> That's really the only game that I want, so I'll put off getting a GC
> until that's released.

Christmas time I think, or just before. Same here too, Mario Kart is one of the reasons I bought a cube, it's too much fun!
Fri 03/05/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
My N64 is looking rather good at the moment, glistening in the sunlight...
So what!
(P.S I'm not saying the Gamecube is crap! I'm gonna get one!)
Fri 03/05/02 at 14:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Phi11ip wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> So to sum up, this console is cool, it kicks ass, and is cheap. Go buy
> one!
>
> You havn't even got a game yet! And you think that it kicks ass!

Dude if a console looks this good, you know it kicks ass.
Fri 03/05/02 at 14:12
i've got 11 games and can confirm it kicks ass.
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
cookie monster wrote:
> So to sum up, this console is cool, it kicks ass, and is cheap. Go buy one!

You havn't even got a game yet! And you think that it kicks ass!
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I came home from school and found it left in the greenhouse, i then ripped the box open and quickly tried to cut my way through the security seal. Then when i finally managed to get it out the box i couldn't believe how:

A)How small it is.
B)How heavy it is.

It is sooo small (although not as small as it looks in pictures) But surprisingly heavy. Not as heavy as Xbox standards, just reassuringly so, it makes you realise just how much there is under the hood. I started it up and heard the whirring of the fans as it kicked into action. I then came to a screen where i selected my language, and then a small cube rolled around the screen and then done what can only be described as a mario butt thump to form the Gamecube Logo, it made a funny noise at the same time. I laughed. I then came to the main menu and set the date. It was on the year 2000 when i changed it, a bit odd i thought. Then i set the time.

And alas that was all i could do, my game has not yet arrived. I fiddled about with the controller for a few seconds, but whilst looking at a blank screen it doesnt provide that much entertainment.

So i switched it off and am now waiting for my brother to take me into town to get monkey ball and a memory card. So to sum up, this console is cool, it kicks ass, and is cheap. Go buy one!
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:17
The Guru doth be impressed...
Great, mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.