GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The official 'I've got mine!' thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 07:09
Regular
Instead of loads of people posting loads of topics about when they get there GameCube, just send it here. First to get their GameCube gets, errr, a prize :-D

So, get GameCube, post here, get a *prize* ;-)
Sat 04/05/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I will have one - soon. He he he...
Sat 04/05/02 at 14:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
adrian wrote:

> Same here. I have been so tempted to get one today but havent. My
> parents say I have to pay off the £500 I owe on the Xbox before
> I can get the GC.

£500 for an Xbox, that really is a complete waste of money!
Sat 04/05/02 at 14:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Picked mine up yesterday with a memory card, Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion and Wave Race Blue Storm. Haven't got Monkey Ball through the post yet but I have the 3 games I got to keep me busy till it comes. :-)

That Rogue Leader is so frustrating at times ! I like levels such as the first Death Star attack through the trench, Hoth and the Battle of Endor. But most other levels are just constant pressure and don't allow you to really enjoy the game. I know its good to have a challenge, but at the same time it can get a bit much. Its like you'll be sent on an important mission to a crashed Star Destroyer, so the Rebels send you and two (useless) wingmen to the site while the Empire has the brains to send a large force to the area.

I hate defending things all the time, I feel so restricted when I have to stick to a group of Rebels like glue for a long mission only to see the gameover screen right near the end cause you alone couldn't fend off an entire Imperial fleet. Levels like Hoth and Endor are good because you have a bit more freedom to do things.

And as for the last Death Star run - having to keep some git who doesn't know how to dodge anything alive while he flys in a straight line really isn't my idea of fun.

But the levels that aren't trying to tear your balls off and feed them to you are actually very enjoyable. Just ashame that there are so many stupidly hard levels. I used to play the old game and enjoy trying to get the medals. On this game I'm just happy to get through a level.
Fri 03/05/02 at 23:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ADH wrote:
> Well, not exactly the thread for me as I don't actually have mine yet,
> but I hope to have one in the VERY near future.

Same here. I have been so tempted to get one today but havent. My parents say I have to pay off the £500 I owe on the Xbox before I can get the GC. May take some money out of the bank this weekend and try to get one from one of the shops in town, if they have any in stock. If not i'll try and get one in the next few weeks. Going to have one by the end of June for sure.
Fri 03/05/02 at 23:07
i got mine! i've got SMB and rogue leader. they are both pretty hard specially rogue leader - but the graphics are top notch. Cheers SR for delivering on time!
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I don't have mine.

Bah! to you all.
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:00
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Well, not exactly the thread for me as I don't actually have mine yet, but I hope to have one in the VERY near future.

I was still juggling with the idea of getting a GC up to about 3 weeks ago, and then when I saw a further price drop to £129, my mind was made up.

For THAT sort of money you CANNOT go wrong. Unfortunately, I didn't pre-order, and now i'm regretting that. The local SR only had enough Cube's for pre-orders, which meant I couldn't get one today.

IF, I can find a store with one tommorow (and i'll be trying god-damn-it!) then i'll be a Cube owner by this time tommorow.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I've got a Cube, it rules!
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:44
Regular
"One More Chance"
I got mine from the SR Sawbridgeworth shop. I went there at about half nine and seeing as though its a late birthday present my dad bought me a black GC, memory card and Star Wars Rougue Leader 2, so all I had to buy was Wave Race: Blue Storm.

I have played both and on Star Wars I am on level 5 and it is so hard. I have got used to the steering on Wave Race.

Also I have £32 left over so a new game is in the pipeline me thinks :)
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:15
Owns what?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.