GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Have An iPod Touch"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/08 at 17:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
I just got it today, and I'm writing this message to you on it :) so sorry it's a little short.

So far I've browsed youtube, watched a film, listened to my favourite music and now writing this message all without having to leave my bedroom :)

Anyone else got one of these beauties?
Mon 11/02/08 at 16:52
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Quite keen on buying an Archos too. The lack of email is a bit of a deal breaker at the moment though. It was hacked recently so hoping the homebrew crowd come up with something.
Mon 11/02/08 at 14:36
Regular
Excellent, cheers Garin. I looked into it and the 705 looks very nice. It does say in the spec: Transfer your photos from a PC or most mass storage devices, so I want to be absolutely sure.
Mon 11/02/08 at 14:24
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Your Honour wrote:
> ncrs wrote:
> Sorry to disagree Cliffbird, get an Archos 605 instead, costs a
> bit more but no transcoding to watch your movies and UPNP
> wireless video streaming from my NAS box to anywhere in the
> house. Beats an Ipod for general use anytime.
>
>
> Do you know if it's possible to connect a digital camera
> directly to one of these via USB and copy photos over to create a
> backup?

Just in case, ncrs doesnt answer...
Found this and a review here whicn specifically mentions it also. The review mentions an adaptor purchase, presumably mini-usb to usb.
Mon 11/02/08 at 14:03
Regular
The size limitations on them are a bit wack though.
Mon 11/02/08 at 12:53
Regular
"Mooching around"
Garin wrote:
> Chaos wrote:
> Plus the touch looks nicer too ^^
>
> How are you getting on with the smugness? Have you attained
> that "I own an Apple product arent I wonderful"
i> expression yet?

I'm dangerously close. It's not entirely my fault though, no matter where I am, if I take it out to skip a track, everyone you know comes up to you with "ooo is that one of them ipod touch things?"

It's the first apple product I've owned, and it's probably not going to be replaced any time soon as I hate itunes and the Mac operating systems.
Mon 11/02/08 at 10:33
Regular
ncrs wrote:

Do you know if it's possible to connect a digital camera directly to one of these via USB and copy photos over to create a backup?
Sun 10/02/08 at 23:40
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Chaos wrote:
> Plus the touch looks nicer too ^^

How are you getting on with the smugness? Have you attained that "I own an Apple product arent I wonderful" expression yet?
Sun 10/02/08 at 23:21
Regular
"Mooching around"
Plus the touch looks nicer too ^^
Sun 10/02/08 at 12:55
Regular
"Soul Calibur RULES!"
ncrs wrote:

I did look at getting an Archos, but as I'm not really planning on using it for videos (except the odd music vid), it didn't really suit. I've got a 43" Pioneer Plasma that I'd use for watching films and stuff, and I'm never on a train, so the Ipod touch suits me better. Also with my new accessories it's fits nicely in my car and is easy to use with the touch screen.

In my mind, I definatly made the right choice.
Sat 09/02/08 at 16:26
Regular
heyy im cool cat just started up ill tell you about myself i love listening to music on my ipod its well fun

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.