GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitar Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 20:30
Regular
Hey, if anyone wants to chat about anything to do with guitars come in here. Guitar is my life (along with a few other things like family etc.) so i thought it was appropriate to put it in here. So how many people play the guitar and what you got?
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:34
I've got a strange beast made up from all sorts. Parents used to own a small guitar shop with a practise studio in the cellar, one year they and some people from the bands that practised there regularly, got a load of bits together and made me a nooo geetar.

Old original American Kramer Baretta body, top horn re-shaped cos a dog chewed it, extra hole routed for another pickup.
Floyd Rose licensed trem.
Jackson neck (dunno what from but it cost enough)
Ibanez machine heads.
Old Gibson Les Paul humbucker at the bridge.
Dimarzio Fast Track (I think) stacked humbucker at the neck.

Peavey Studio Pro 110 Amp
Korg A5 GTR multi effects pedal

I really really need alot more practice and someone who can sort my axe out for me cos it's in a bit of a mess after being moved around so much :{
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:53
monkey_man wrote:
> Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> dont you chop the ends off? my guitar sleeps under a velvet sheet
>
> I think you have too much respect for it. The best sounds that come
> out of guitars are made by smacking it with things, like your hands.

yeah i have respect fro my guitar but thats because i bought it and dont want to wast £300. I mean i know thats not a lot in guitar terms but to me it was a lot to shell out at one time. If i had the money though i would be swinging it around like pete townsend.... ah if i had the money
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Got a Westfield acoustic... nothing special but it does the job.

Got a Squire Strat... it's crap really but I don't deserve anything better.

Only been playing for a year and a bit... can play the start of every Manics and Radiohead song... :)

I'm alright... guitars rule... like me :)

I also have magic fingers
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Brad, speak to Hybrid.
Rock calls the Bass Player to party.
And party hard.
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Back to it, Troy Thunder.
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:20
Damn dirty 6 stringers

*Brad shakes his fist

Anyway, I have a Fender Telecaster Custom that I never play, Wasburn Chicargo Series Bass (That I broke a couple of days ago) and a 5 string bass made by some Japanese bloke, I forget his name.

I love playing bass, great way to get the anger, hate, love, emo out. Been trying to learn "slap" but I don't think I'm doing it right :(
Mon 29/04/02 at 12:44
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Gibson Les Paul standard
Epiphone Flying V
Yamaha ElectroAcoustic (fantastic guitar)
Some tanglewood strat thing which is actually very nice

Then a marshall stck to annoy the neighbours

Horray for student loans
Mon 29/04/02 at 10:11
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Ive been playing for three years now, I have a Mex Fender Standard Strat in Sunburst which was my first, then I got a Takamine EG something which is an electric accoustic and I have just bought a Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty and yes it is a beauty. I wanted a guitar with more depth and body to it and boy does this deliver.
Mon 29/04/02 at 00:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> dont you chop the ends off? my guitar sleeps under a velvet sheet

I think you have too much respect for it. The best sounds that come out of guitars are made by smacking it with things, like your hands.
Mon 29/04/02 at 00:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I always leave the straggly ends on the strings - kinda cool. I have a Fender Tele, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Flying V, Hohner Strat copy and some stupid green thing that looks roughly like a Les Paul. I also have a proper classical guitar that cost an absolute bomb. I play rock/blues/weird, but I passed my grade 5 classical first time about 2 years ago and got 137/150 - which is a pass with merit (I now play grade 7 and 8 pieces)! It's a great way to calm yourself after a stressful day at Uni. I think I'd have a lot of pent up anger if I didn't play. I try to play my own style, but I'm influenced a lot by Johnny Greenwood (of Radiohead) and Graham Coxon (of Blur). I've gone through phases where I've tried to copy them, but I think I've settled into my own little pigeonhole somewhere on the horizon. I never change my strings until they snap or fray. I know you're meant to every couple of months, but I prefer them to be worn in. If you keep them clean they'll last forever *monkey_man's tip of the day*! I'm not in a band at the moment, although I'd love to do it again. I have a lot more passion and am a lot more confident now than ever before. Anyway enough of me - what pedals you got? I use a JD wah, distortion pedal, delay and tremolo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.