GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitar Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 20:30
Regular
Hey, if anyone wants to chat about anything to do with guitars come in here. Guitar is my life (along with a few other things like family etc.) so i thought it was appropriate to put it in here. So how many people play the guitar and what you got?
Sun 12/05/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I used to play the guitar when I was 8 years old! I had to give up because I didn't have time to practice!
Sun 12/05/02 at 13:01
brad@specialreserve wrote:
> Yup tried MD, Tape, Dads Laptop + We have tried playing about with my
> mates mixer, however that managed to take all distortion off the
> guitar (Even though the quality was good)
>
> Sigh, I might just have to cough up the £90 and book a day of
> recording :(

hmmm £90. My mate went to this guy who just charged £5 an hour. It was in his house but he had all the right equipment. Maybe you could hire some stuff?
Sun 12/05/02 at 12:53
Yup tried MD, Tape, Dads Laptop + We have tried playing about with my mates mixer, however that managed to take all distortion off the guitar (Even though the quality was good)

Sigh, I might just have to cough up the £90 and book a day of recording :(
Sun 12/05/02 at 12:49
Have you ever tried playing the song through and recording it onto Mini Disc using a microphone or the headphones. Its really clear but you need a MD player with a MIC input.
Sun 12/05/02 at 12:42
"Uzi Lover"
Me and my band are thinking of doing this soon too. We were thinking of a 4-track?!?

Thing is, the garage is small we play in so I was told the quality of the recording wouldn't be so good...
Sun 12/05/02 at 12:38
Anyone got any tips for getting stuff recorded (In my garage, not profesionally ;)

My band has tried a couple of times, but we have just come up with tripe.
Sun 12/05/02 at 12:12
went up to London yesterday. Wanted some sort of effect peddle. I played around in Turnkey on the Boss tree and decided i liked the Flanger BF-3 peddle. I asked how much and he said £90! he said he'd do it for £85 but i thought he said £75 so i went to another guitar shop (4 infact) asking the prices and the last shop told me £89 and asked me if i'd got a quote from another shop. I said 'yeah Turnkey said they'd do it for £75'. So the shop guy said he'd match that. So i accepted and got it for 75, 15 quid off RRP. I was happy althought it was still a lot of money. Anyway that was a great story bye
Sat 04/05/02 at 12:18
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
I've been playing for just over 7 years. I'd love to play in front of 60,000 people. The most i've played to is about 200.
Fri 03/05/02 at 08:52
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> Big 'm***s' are cool. I have a Boss Distortion/overdrive peddle its
> really cool. Must have been great playing in front of so many people
> - were you scared?

I was at first. When I was waiting in the wings looking out to the sea of people. But as soon as I got on stage I was fine. It fealt comfortable playing on such a large stage - it was carpeted and everything! Also when the lights went down it was hard to see past the first few rows of people so it was only the cheers at the end of the songs that reminded me how many people were actually there. I do remember looking up to the screens on the side of the stage though and seeing me projected on them about 50foot high - that was mental.

The soundcheck was cool too - you'd play a note and about 2 or 3 seconds later you would hear it after it travelled the length of the stadium and back. All in all it was a cool event.. apart from playing my favourite moment was watching the Furries from the stage and a sea of people bouncing to The Man Don't Give a F***.

I really want an SG Gothic. Probably get the
> epiphone version. I also want to get a Digital delay peddle (Boss
> DD5) and a wah peddle.

DD5 is great - one of my most used pedals.
Thu 02/05/02 at 21:12
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Hi, Buddyfuzz.
Don't take your eye out on that B.C. Rich. Ouch.
I have a blue Yamaha RGX 121S.
You like rock music, eh?
Go to www.rockonuk.com/html/mp3z.htm, and click on Valium by unknown to download a FREE MP3 of the band that I am in.
Hope you like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.