GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future is bleak."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/04/02 at 16:00
Regular
What is with this wild-eyed glee I see some idiots screaming about the Xbox failing? Why? Explain where this toe-head ignorance and bias comes from.
Go on, I dare you.
I may laugh at the Gamecube, but it’s never serious nor could I care less at the end of the day.
Yet there still, even now in this day and age, persists this retarded “hahaha Xbox failing” mindset that makes me want to slap each and every one of you nearsighted idiots.
Strong language? Hardly, the filter is preventing the full extent of my disgust from reaching your mono-glot, paralysed frontal lobes.
Listen to me and listen good, you drooling babies:

The Xbox should succeed, just as the Gamecube should, just as the PS2 should.

Why?
Because the more consoles there are out there, the wider choice of games you have to choose from.
Think about it for one single second without your retarded gurglings.
Imagine your perfect world.
There is one console and it rules all. Doesn’t matter who makes it, the fact is that there is now just 1 console.
You don’t have any choice anymore.
This company can charge what it wants to, release what games it wants to and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it.
The lack of choice and options presented by your shiny new console master has removed the need for better games and innovation.
Why?
Because there’s no market to go for anymore, it’s sewn up with just 1 machine. Complacency sets in, the business stagnates and we *all* lose out at the end of the day.
Having no competition removes the necessity to strive for better. That’s why our railways are in such a state of crapness and why you’ve only been able to get decent net access since BT caved in and lost it’s monopoly on telecommunications.

We need competition in order to push things forward, we need that choice to make developers realise if they churn out the same old crap, then we’ll just switch consoles. It benefits us all to have as many consoles out there as possible.
It forces companies to try and out-do each other.
That’s called commerce and it will benefit us all kids.

Should Microsoft “fail”, that leaves Nintendo and Sony.
Just 2 companies to choose from. And what if they decide to merge?
I’ll tell you what, we’re all screwed and lose the chance to play different games on different machines.
So why this glee? Why this retarded, ill-informed, moronic tree-dwelling toss that I’ve been reading here since the price drop from Microsoft AND Nintendo?
Why are you not glad that there are these consoles out there?
Why are you so Rev Jim Jones about the idea that we may be left with little choice and the possibility that the entire genre goes flat?

Why?
Because you’re blinkered children, that’s why.
Prove different to me though, explain exactly why you want to see the Xbox fail.
Because so far, all I’ve heard are playground taunts and the usual drek that surfaces.
I’m done with this topic now, it’s as boring as 85% of the other topics you scream about.
Tue 23/04/02 at 23:39
Regular
No Microsoft in console market = New Sega console to take its place :)
Tue 23/04/02 at 23:46
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goatboy wrote:
> That is the longest sentence I have ever read in my life.
>
> Opinions on which console you like is one thing, but the constant
> mis-informed pap that spills from an awful lot of people here annoys
> me.
>
> I posted an interview with the guy from Microsoft about why he
> resigned etc. Did Totoro, er-no etc take the time to read it?
> No.
> They clapped their hands over their ears and went
> "Lalalalalcan'thearyoulalala".
>
> Idiots.

Yes. I did read it, however I thought I would post about you accusing me a few weeks ago of hating Microsoft for no reason about from jealously.
Wed 24/04/02 at 01:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Totoro wrote:
I don't want Xbox to fail, i just like seeing you come out with these
> topics to try to convince yourself that the Xbox isn't failing, when
> we all know that it is.

How?
This is my question to you child.
Show me the figures, get me the links that show your idiot ramblings.
I dare you to provide me with one single link that says "Xbox is failing".

> Infact, you're the worst for taunting people in constantly laughing at
> Nintendo's family approach.

Ah, but I don't beg and plead for the end of Nintendo do I?
No, I point out that Nintendo's market is the younger gamers/Asian markets, who do not like tough games.
There is a difference between saying "Nintendo is for babies" and saying "Nintendo is failing hahahahaha"

I just smell jealousy from you, because
> Microsoft are finding it difficult to crack the video games market,
> and you can't take it as you so vehemently backed them.

When did I?
Show when I "so vehemently backed them".
I bought one. jealousy of what? Explain what I'm jealous about.
Wed 24/04/02 at 02:35
Regular
http://news.com.com/2100-1040-886556.html
Wed 24/04/02 at 02:38
Regular
http://www.gamespot.co.uk /stories/news/0,2160,2105053,00.html
Wed 24/04/02 at 02:40
Regular
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au /common/story_page/0,5478,4159956%255E11869,00.html
Wed 24/04/02 at 02:41
Regular
http://www.prophecy.co.za/news/news.asp?pid=1833
Wed 24/04/02 at 09:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
See Ortega, all of those articles refer to lower than expected launch sales numbers.

Nobody has yet to provide a link to a legit story explaining and demonstrating why the Xbox is "failing".
A million units shifted with Halo hardly suggests a console that is "failing" does it.

And, to be honest, arguing with children is not how I choose to spend my time here.
Enjoy your Gamecubes, enjoy your cereal and enjoy whatever else fills your time.

I'm going to talk to adults.
Wed 24/04/02 at 09:39
Regular
"not dead"
I always put most of the topics down to the typical way that blokes communicate with each other.

Your mates football team loses, you joke about it, rub it in a bit.

It's all harmless fun.

If someone gave me an Xbox or a PS2, I'd no doubt play on it, but I wouldn't buy one, as there aren't a great number of games that appeal.

I'm losing count of the number of times I've said this though. :-(
Wed 24/04/02 at 12:17
Regular
You know how it is with console wars...

Like Meka said, it's all about teasing and rubbing it in.

I wouldn't like to see the Xbox send MS out of business, but if failures encourage huge price wars, let the poor sales continue! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.