GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future is bleak."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/04/02 at 16:00
Regular
What is with this wild-eyed glee I see some idiots screaming about the Xbox failing? Why? Explain where this toe-head ignorance and bias comes from.
Go on, I dare you.
I may laugh at the Gamecube, but it’s never serious nor could I care less at the end of the day.
Yet there still, even now in this day and age, persists this retarded “hahaha Xbox failing” mindset that makes me want to slap each and every one of you nearsighted idiots.
Strong language? Hardly, the filter is preventing the full extent of my disgust from reaching your mono-glot, paralysed frontal lobes.
Listen to me and listen good, you drooling babies:

The Xbox should succeed, just as the Gamecube should, just as the PS2 should.

Why?
Because the more consoles there are out there, the wider choice of games you have to choose from.
Think about it for one single second without your retarded gurglings.
Imagine your perfect world.
There is one console and it rules all. Doesn’t matter who makes it, the fact is that there is now just 1 console.
You don’t have any choice anymore.
This company can charge what it wants to, release what games it wants to and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it.
The lack of choice and options presented by your shiny new console master has removed the need for better games and innovation.
Why?
Because there’s no market to go for anymore, it’s sewn up with just 1 machine. Complacency sets in, the business stagnates and we *all* lose out at the end of the day.
Having no competition removes the necessity to strive for better. That’s why our railways are in such a state of crapness and why you’ve only been able to get decent net access since BT caved in and lost it’s monopoly on telecommunications.

We need competition in order to push things forward, we need that choice to make developers realise if they churn out the same old crap, then we’ll just switch consoles. It benefits us all to have as many consoles out there as possible.
It forces companies to try and out-do each other.
That’s called commerce and it will benefit us all kids.

Should Microsoft “fail”, that leaves Nintendo and Sony.
Just 2 companies to choose from. And what if they decide to merge?
I’ll tell you what, we’re all screwed and lose the chance to play different games on different machines.
So why this glee? Why this retarded, ill-informed, moronic tree-dwelling toss that I’ve been reading here since the price drop from Microsoft AND Nintendo?
Why are you not glad that there are these consoles out there?
Why are you so Rev Jim Jones about the idea that we may be left with little choice and the possibility that the entire genre goes flat?

Why?
Because you’re blinkered children, that’s why.
Prove different to me though, explain exactly why you want to see the Xbox fail.
Because so far, all I’ve heard are playground taunts and the usual drek that surfaces.
I’m done with this topic now, it’s as boring as 85% of the other topics you scream about.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:37
Regular
"DS..."
VenomByte wrote:
> second longest sentence anyone? ;)

soz bout that i don't usually write such long sentences, check my post entitles "the future of games" if you dont believe me, and leave some comments while your there ;) thx.
slik ~_~
Tue 23/04/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Goatboy wrote:
> I posted an interview with the guy from Microsoft about why he
> resigned etc. Did Totoro, er-no etc take the time to read it?
> No.
> They clapped their hands over their ears and went
> "Lalalalalcan'thearyoulalala".

Sadly i did read that load of Microsoft propaganda. You really think that Microsoft would release a statement saying Seamus Blackley was fired for gross incometence? No, they made up all that drivel to show zealots like you that the Xbox is still ok.
I don't want Xbox to fail, i just like seeing you come out with these topics to try to convince yourself that the Xbox isn't failing, when we all know that it is. I'm just laughing at you. The Xbox hasn't lived up to expectation, admit it. How many decent games have come out in the last month.....silence.....none!

Then you go on to say: "Because so far, all I’ve heard are playground taunts"
That's the pot calling the kettle black when you call people morons, Nintendo players as kids etc.
Infact, you're the worst for taunting people in constantly laughing at Nintendo's family approach.

You dislike Nintendo, i dislike Microsoft, that's where we differ.

And i don't like being called an idiot, when you are the dancing loon who keeps talking rubbish. I just smell jealousy from you, because Microsoft are finding it difficult to crack the video games market, and you can't take it as you so vehemently backed them.

No doubt you will come out with some witticism about Nintendo fans as "fluffy cloud loving babies" come on say it.

Did i forget to say "Lalalalalcan'thearyoulalala"
Tue 23/04/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
er-no wrote:

> I want to see the XBox fail because I personally dislike the company
> of Microsoft. No. I am not jealous of Bill Gates, although if he stole
> original plans of DOS from IBM then he really is a geeky monkey. His
> fame deserved to be someone elses.

??? IBM cast out a net to contract a company to write a basic operating system for their new computer system (IBM PC) and Bill Gates got the job.

The program he ripped off was Dr.DOS. However, at the time there were no laws against such a thing (though there is now), and since it was relativly common practice amongst developers, its hardly a condemable offence?

> The main reason is that the company behind the game Halo were creating
> to game for Macintosh, Microsoft didn't want the MacOS to have such a
> good game and wanted something special for their new console.. they
> basically complete brought out the company including the current
> projects.

I dont mean to sound too harsh against Apple and thier systems, they are fine machines after all, but had HALO been releaed on the Mac then it would hardly have dented X-Boxs sales. If they were that obsessed with keeping HALO to themselves, why allow it to be released on the PC (a FAR larger market)?

Equally, I recently read that ActiveX, DirectX, etc.. where all to get Apple ports, making it far easier for developers to port games from the PC to the Apple... If MS hate Apple so much, why not stop this?

> They are pigs who want more than they should have.

Against the Angels of SONY and Nintendo?

> if that is the case then Microsoft don't agree with you
> as they try and push everyone else out of the market of the PC
> world... and now moving to the Computer Gaming world.

They arnt doing anything any other BUSINESS wouldnt do... Neither Sony and Nintendo would think twice about doing excatly the same thing if they were in MS's position

> I dislike the company. Just like I dislike Man Utd. I want it to fail,
> because I know that finally it will convince Microsoft they aint the
> King of the Swingers.

Microsoft certainly arn't saints, they are agressive, merciless and ambitious, despite their size but then they are a multi-national business, and I know of none that arnt blameless.

I would suggest that they do come off surprisingly well in comparison to many of the other larger companies, eg, IBM, MacDonalds, etc..
Tue 23/04/02 at 18:58
Regular
Bill Gates is a fantastic business man. That's all I have to say about that.

And Halo is coming to PC AND Mac. Still. It was confirmed the other day.
Tue 23/04/02 at 19:04
Regular
Goatboy wrote:

"Because the more consoles there are out there, the wider choice of games you have to choose from."

There's one problem though, let me talk you through it.

You know how Clutch is great, but nobody buys their albums because the market is full of Limp Biskits and Nicklebacks?

Well, you see, that's what I'm afraid of happening.

One day, no, really, you're going to get bored of walking around and shooting things in games. Sure, it's great fun if you're in the mind for just five minutes of fun... but there are games out there that can last lifetimes. Nobody buys them because they aren't advertised, or don't appeal to people because of misjudged stereotypes.

Like Skies of Arcadia. It's an RPG. I hate RPG's. Before Skies, I've never even tried to play a real RPG properly. They all bored me with stats stats and more stats.

But then I saw the light, brother. Skies of Arcadia came to me in the post, and I did play, and yeay, did I play.

You all suck because you don't believe me how good it is. Well, not all of you. I'm slowly converting you. Rasta, er-no, Meka, Starlight and the like. You rule. :0D
Tue 23/04/02 at 19:14
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
(Referring to the first post)
That's so true.
Nobody should care about 'the console wars' and 'which console is better'.
If i could buy them all I would, but as that is financially unadvisable i'll just have to settle with the one that looks like it may have the right features to suit me. I'm not saying that by buying this console I have made prolific indications toward my choice of lifestyle, i'm just....., well, i'm just buying something that I can have fun playing on.

Having said that, I don't actually have any current plans to buy a next-generation console, as i am concentrating my funds on guitar whatsits and other things.
Tue 23/04/02 at 20:33
I remeber in yrs 6 and 7 when the entire class was in a fight, the poeple with N64s vs the people with playstations vs the people who swore by PCs. *sigh* Any excuse for a bundle, back then :)
Tue 23/04/02 at 20:58
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Aaaah. Those were the days. (I still have the scars, both mental and physical)
Tue 23/04/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
I find it funny that people argue over consoles. They are electrical appliances made to amuse. Nothing more.
Tue 23/04/02 at 21:17
Regular
"um..."
Look at it this way, when the snes and mega drive were in competition we saw great games. Quit your moanin' and be glad there are lots of consoles to keep gaming standards high. (although there is a lot of completely rubbish games out there, anything to make a fast buck.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.