GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future is bleak."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/04/02 at 16:00
Regular
What is with this wild-eyed glee I see some idiots screaming about the Xbox failing? Why? Explain where this toe-head ignorance and bias comes from.
Go on, I dare you.
I may laugh at the Gamecube, but it’s never serious nor could I care less at the end of the day.
Yet there still, even now in this day and age, persists this retarded “hahaha Xbox failing” mindset that makes me want to slap each and every one of you nearsighted idiots.
Strong language? Hardly, the filter is preventing the full extent of my disgust from reaching your mono-glot, paralysed frontal lobes.
Listen to me and listen good, you drooling babies:

The Xbox should succeed, just as the Gamecube should, just as the PS2 should.

Why?
Because the more consoles there are out there, the wider choice of games you have to choose from.
Think about it for one single second without your retarded gurglings.
Imagine your perfect world.
There is one console and it rules all. Doesn’t matter who makes it, the fact is that there is now just 1 console.
You don’t have any choice anymore.
This company can charge what it wants to, release what games it wants to and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it.
The lack of choice and options presented by your shiny new console master has removed the need for better games and innovation.
Why?
Because there’s no market to go for anymore, it’s sewn up with just 1 machine. Complacency sets in, the business stagnates and we *all* lose out at the end of the day.
Having no competition removes the necessity to strive for better. That’s why our railways are in such a state of crapness and why you’ve only been able to get decent net access since BT caved in and lost it’s monopoly on telecommunications.

We need competition in order to push things forward, we need that choice to make developers realise if they churn out the same old crap, then we’ll just switch consoles. It benefits us all to have as many consoles out there as possible.
It forces companies to try and out-do each other.
That’s called commerce and it will benefit us all kids.

Should Microsoft “fail”, that leaves Nintendo and Sony.
Just 2 companies to choose from. And what if they decide to merge?
I’ll tell you what, we’re all screwed and lose the chance to play different games on different machines.
So why this glee? Why this retarded, ill-informed, moronic tree-dwelling toss that I’ve been reading here since the price drop from Microsoft AND Nintendo?
Why are you not glad that there are these consoles out there?
Why are you so Rev Jim Jones about the idea that we may be left with little choice and the possibility that the entire genre goes flat?

Why?
Because you’re blinkered children, that’s why.
Prove different to me though, explain exactly why you want to see the Xbox fail.
Because so far, all I’ve heard are playground taunts and the usual drek that surfaces.
I’m done with this topic now, it’s as boring as 85% of the other topics you scream about.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What is with this wild-eyed glee I see some idiots screaming about the Xbox failing? Why? Explain where this toe-head ignorance and bias comes from.
Go on, I dare you.
I may laugh at the Gamecube, but it’s never serious nor could I care less at the end of the day.
Yet there still, even now in this day and age, persists this retarded “hahaha Xbox failing” mindset that makes me want to slap each and every one of you nearsighted idiots.
Strong language? Hardly, the filter is preventing the full extent of my disgust from reaching your mono-glot, paralysed frontal lobes.
Listen to me and listen good, you drooling babies:

The Xbox should succeed, just as the Gamecube should, just as the PS2 should.

Why?
Because the more consoles there are out there, the wider choice of games you have to choose from.
Think about it for one single second without your retarded gurglings.
Imagine your perfect world.
There is one console and it rules all. Doesn’t matter who makes it, the fact is that there is now just 1 console.
You don’t have any choice anymore.
This company can charge what it wants to, release what games it wants to and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it.
The lack of choice and options presented by your shiny new console master has removed the need for better games and innovation.
Why?
Because there’s no market to go for anymore, it’s sewn up with just 1 machine. Complacency sets in, the business stagnates and we *all* lose out at the end of the day.
Having no competition removes the necessity to strive for better. That’s why our railways are in such a state of crapness and why you’ve only been able to get decent net access since BT caved in and lost it’s monopoly on telecommunications.

We need competition in order to push things forward, we need that choice to make developers realise if they churn out the same old crap, then we’ll just switch consoles. It benefits us all to have as many consoles out there as possible.
It forces companies to try and out-do each other.
That’s called commerce and it will benefit us all kids.

Should Microsoft “fail”, that leaves Nintendo and Sony.
Just 2 companies to choose from. And what if they decide to merge?
I’ll tell you what, we’re all screwed and lose the chance to play different games on different machines.
So why this glee? Why this retarded, ill-informed, moronic tree-dwelling toss that I’ve been reading here since the price drop from Microsoft AND Nintendo?
Why are you not glad that there are these consoles out there?
Why are you so Rev Jim Jones about the idea that we may be left with little choice and the possibility that the entire genre goes flat?

Why?
Because you’re blinkered children, that’s why.
Prove different to me though, explain exactly why you want to see the Xbox fail.
Because so far, all I’ve heard are playground taunts and the usual drek that surfaces.
I’m done with this topic now, it’s as boring as 85% of the other topics you scream about.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:12
Regular
"DS..."
I dont really care if the xbox fails or not i'm just getting a GC because I like it, same reason you have an Xbox because you like it, it does'nt matter who many people like you extract the urine out of GC likewise vice cersa, and to be honest I dont really care what the PS2 does at the moment as it seems insignificant to me, we all have views on consoles and also the right to express those views i'm not exactly saying the xbox is crap or anything, i'm just saying that in my opinion the GC is better because that is my console of choice, just like the xbox is your console of choice and so you will say that the Xbox is better, if this is the case then no consoles are better then each other and all these petty arguements are kind of well retarded, but it's obvious that in the world of gaming everyine has there favourite console and therefore everyone agrees to disagrees and will probally continue to do so for years and years, *sigh* what is this world coming to?
slik ~_~
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That is the longest sentence I have ever read in my life.

Opinions on which console you like is one thing, but the constant mis-informed pap that spills from an awful lot of people here annoys me.

I posted an interview with the guy from Microsoft about why he resigned etc. Did Totoro, er-no etc take the time to read it?
No.
They clapped their hands over their ears and went "Lalalalalcan'thearyoulalala".

Idiots.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:21
"High polygon count"
Yyyyyyaaaaawwwwwwnnnn!

Not at Goatboy's post, but at the need for him and everyone else to keep posting this type of thing.

You'd think people would have caught on by now.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:21
Regular
"¬_¬"
I see a lot of people at my school laughing at others who say the Xbox is better than the PS2. They are all dissing the Xbox, saying how its bad, selling poorly so they change the price etc. etc. I know we're entitle to our own opinion, but I think people should get their facts straight before they jump to their own conclusions. PS2 better than Xbox? Don't make me laugh...
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goatboy wrote:
> Why?
> Because you’re blinkered children, that’s why.
> Prove different to me though, explain exactly why you want to see the
> Xbox fail.
> Because so far, all I’ve heard are playground taunts and the usual
> drek that surfaces.
> I’m done with this topic now, it’s as boring as 85% of the other
> topics you scream about.

I want to see the XBox fail because I personally dislike the company of Microsoft. No. I am not jealous of Bill Gates, although if he stole original plans of DOS from IBM then he really is a geeky monkey. His fame deserved to be someone elses.
Why else do I want the XBox to fail?

The main reason is that the company behind the game Halo were creating to game for Macintosh, Microsoft didn't want the MacOS to have such a good game and wanted something special for their new console.. they basically complete brought out the company including the current projects.

They are pigs who want more than they should have.
You are correct Goatboy. I agree with you on the more is better for us. However, if that is the case then Microsoft don't agree with you as they try and push everyone else out of the market of the PC world... and now moving to the Computer Gaming world.

I dislike the company. Just like I dislike Man Utd. I want it to fail, because I know that finally it will convince Microsoft they aint the King of the Swingers.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:25
Regular
""
I'm a solid Nintendo fan!!!!!... but Microsoft as we all thought had gone a bit high with the price... but they lowered it... they can afford to... They could lower it to £50 and still make profit on it! Th same with Nitendo but Microsoft are greedy... they did the right thing by offering 2 games and a controller to those who paid £300 but tose together were worth about £15 at the most... Xbox weren't failing it's just to show they can be flexible... :D
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:25
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I'll tell you why I don't like the Xbox and, at this point, I'd like it to fail - because I can't get away from mindless taunts and gibberings from people unlike you and me, who aren't really gamers, but think they are because they have a console and only buy it because it has "lush graphics".
Yep, unfortunately for me, at school I am surrounded by these retarded bums at school, and believe it or not, Gamecube-jeering is as big a sport as it was yesterday, the day before and the day before that. So when I come onto this site and try and go back to my anticipation of the 'Cube without people telling me it's crap, I find people are taking the pee on here, too. And although I don't really join in with these ridiculous arguments, I would still happily oblige to the odd "Xbox is gonna fail coz it's poo". Sorry, but it's a great feeling to do insult it.

But then again, like you said Goatboy, I don't want it to fail, secretly. I love Halo and Project Gotham Racing, and I have been tempted to buy an Xbox. But I'm sticking to what I believe in: great games on a mighty console.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:32
Regular
"DS..."
Goatboy wrote:
> That is the longest sentence I have ever read in my life.
>
> Opinions on which console you like is one thing, but the constant
> mis-informed pap that spills from an awful lot of people here annoys
> me.
>
> I posted an interview with the guy from Microsoft about why he
> resigned etc. Did Totoro, er-no etc take the time to read it?
> No.
> They clapped their hands over their ears and went
> "Lalalalalcan'thearyoulalala".
>
> Idiots.

well i've just read your post and it does'nt bother me that he's left Microsoft, just becuase he's left does'nt mean that the console is going to fail or anything, its just means that microsoft will carry on like normal and another company will probably benifit from Seamus Blackley's experience if he decides to join another games company that is, anyway this news is'nt any reason to make retarded comments about the xbox it's just to make the public aware that he has left, i mean if shigsy left Nintendo loads of people would start slagging off nintendo probably but to be honest, what is the point?
slik ~_~
slik ~_~
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
second longest sentence anyone? ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.