GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future is bleak."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/04/02 at 16:00
Regular
What is with this wild-eyed glee I see some idiots screaming about the Xbox failing? Why? Explain where this toe-head ignorance and bias comes from.
Go on, I dare you.
I may laugh at the Gamecube, but it’s never serious nor could I care less at the end of the day.
Yet there still, even now in this day and age, persists this retarded “hahaha Xbox failing” mindset that makes me want to slap each and every one of you nearsighted idiots.
Strong language? Hardly, the filter is preventing the full extent of my disgust from reaching your mono-glot, paralysed frontal lobes.
Listen to me and listen good, you drooling babies:

The Xbox should succeed, just as the Gamecube should, just as the PS2 should.

Why?
Because the more consoles there are out there, the wider choice of games you have to choose from.
Think about it for one single second without your retarded gurglings.
Imagine your perfect world.
There is one console and it rules all. Doesn’t matter who makes it, the fact is that there is now just 1 console.
You don’t have any choice anymore.
This company can charge what it wants to, release what games it wants to and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it.
The lack of choice and options presented by your shiny new console master has removed the need for better games and innovation.
Why?
Because there’s no market to go for anymore, it’s sewn up with just 1 machine. Complacency sets in, the business stagnates and we *all* lose out at the end of the day.
Having no competition removes the necessity to strive for better. That’s why our railways are in such a state of crapness and why you’ve only been able to get decent net access since BT caved in and lost it’s monopoly on telecommunications.

We need competition in order to push things forward, we need that choice to make developers realise if they churn out the same old crap, then we’ll just switch consoles. It benefits us all to have as many consoles out there as possible.
It forces companies to try and out-do each other.
That’s called commerce and it will benefit us all kids.

Should Microsoft “fail”, that leaves Nintendo and Sony.
Just 2 companies to choose from. And what if they decide to merge?
I’ll tell you what, we’re all screwed and lose the chance to play different games on different machines.
So why this glee? Why this retarded, ill-informed, moronic tree-dwelling toss that I’ve been reading here since the price drop from Microsoft AND Nintendo?
Why are you not glad that there are these consoles out there?
Why are you so Rev Jim Jones about the idea that we may be left with little choice and the possibility that the entire genre goes flat?

Why?
Because you’re blinkered children, that’s why.
Prove different to me though, explain exactly why you want to see the Xbox fail.
Because so far, all I’ve heard are playground taunts and the usual drek that surfaces.
I’m done with this topic now, it’s as boring as 85% of the other topics you scream about.
Fri 26/04/02 at 09:07
"I hate that!!!"
*Still waits for reply*
Thu 25/04/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Sorry DMonster, don't have time to read it now. Maybe later!
Thu 25/04/02 at 16:14
"I hate that!!!"
*waits for reply*
Thu 25/04/02 at 14:40
"I hate that!!!"
Well there's no fun if there's no competition and no competition means that the company at the top is just too good for any other companies to take a shot at goals.
If this were to happen then people would loose interest in gaming and eventually gaming would die out.
Then what would we do.
No Ninty no Sony and no Big Gay Bill Gates. I could do without that Bill Gates fellow but I just couldn't live without the others. Nobody could. Just imagine what a world without video games would be like. It would be pretty glum, wouldn't it?

Just be thankful for what consoles we have, even if it is only Big Gay Bill Gates and his Console.
It's probably just as well we have more than one manufacturer on the console market, because if it was only the Xbox then we'd all eventually be weemed from gaming.
But that will never happen because we have Nintendo and Sony up there in the games market.

For those people who can't afford to get a leading console like the PS2 or a (Forgive me for saying this) Xbox then I suggest that you get a GameCube.
There couldn't be a better time to buy one due to the pleasant but unexpected price drop.
But I can afford one but I just ain't allowed, but maybe I could beg my mum over and over again 'till she lets me get one, or I could just wait another few months and find out what the price of the Cube will be.

Untill then however I will be quite content with my trusty old N64.
You must be thinking that I'm quite insane. Well I maybe but I don't care what other people think when I tell them I have an N64. I'm proud of it and it keeps me very happy, even if it has died and that's all that matters.
If you're a Ninty then you'll understand If you're not then I guess you'll just have to carry on thinking "God he is insane" Well us Ninty's may think the same about you outsiders. But I'm pretty sure must of us don't, well, at least I don't anyway. I respect what other people think about other consoles.
If they like the Xbox then that's fine by me. After all we are all entitled to our own opinions. Nintys or otherwise.

Whether you like it or not I reckon that Microsoft are going to be eventually shoved aside by Nintendo and Sony as Nintendo launch themselves to the top of the games market.
Unless Microsoft pull their socks together in the effort to make an attempt at competing with Nintendo Microsoft won't be able to get anywhere near Nintendo.
Even Sony might have a hard time due the massive amount of hype surrounding Ninty's latest console.
So howcome Nintendo have worked up all this hype?

Well it's mainly due to past consoles Ninty have made like the N64, which earned a good name in the world of gaming. So because of Niny's past experiences along with a good reputation have managed to work up a surprising amount of hype over one small but ooooooh so powerfull console.
So I hope things work out for Nintendo and their fantastic GameCube, if they don't then it'll just be up to Sony and Microsoft to control the rest of the market. I doubt the GameCube will fail though.
Why? Because Ninty rule with a capital R!

Nintendo have to prove themselves with the GameCube first though before they have the right to call their console a leader and a winner.
That though shouldn't be any problem at all.
It'll be even easier with Shigsy at their side producing fantastic games like the latest in the series of great Zelda games.
So a message to all competitors,
Either you battle with us Ninty's or you feel the wrath of the force that is the Ninty's!

The future is bright, The future is Ninty!
Thu 25/04/02 at 00:45
Regular
"everyone says it"
Or†ega wrote:
> heres one about microsoft lowering its sales target...
>
>
>
> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/020418/80/cx41e.html

It hasn't been as 'massive' as they would have liked. Thats true.

:) All I will say on the matter.
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:46
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
lol @ Grix.

Really.
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:05
Regular
And Smoked Kipper, you rule.
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:04
Regular
SmokedKipper wrote:
"You don't need to tell me how good Skies of Arcadia is. I already know it's one of the best RPGs, even one of the best games, I've ever played. Anyone out there who plays through the Final Fantasy games for the story but goes quiet whenever people mention the quality of the actual game itself really should give it a go - it's got the best of both worlds."

LOOK!

Look! See! Not just me!
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Like Skies of Arcadia. It's an RPG. I hate RPG's. Before Skies, I've
> never even tried to play a real RPG properly. They all bored me with
> stats stats and more stats.
>
> But then I saw the light, brother. Skies of Arcadia came to me in the
> post, and I did play, and yeay, did I play.
>
> You all suck because you don't believe me how good it is. Well, not
> all of you. I'm slowly converting you. Rasta, er-no, Meka, Starlight
> and the like. You rule. :0D

You don't need to tell me how good Skies of Arcadia is. I already know it's one of the best RPGs, even one of the best games, I've ever played. Anyone out there who plays through the Final Fantasy games for the story but goes quiet whenever people mention the quality of the actual game itself really should give it a go - it's got the best of both worlds.
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:23
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Goatboy wrote:
> See Ortega, all of those articles refer to lower than expected launch
> sales numbers.
>
> Nobody has yet to provide a link to a legit story explaining and
> demonstrating why the Xbox is "failing".
> A million units shifted with Halo hardly suggests a console that is
> "failing" does it.
>
> And, to be honest, arguing with children is not how I choose to spend
> my time here.
> Enjoy your Gamecubes, enjoy your cereal and enjoy whatever else fills
> your time.
>
> I'm going to talk to adults.

You're an adult?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.