GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Legend of Zelda: Hero of the Realm"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 19:21
Regular
This is my story, a story about Legend of Zelda. Please read each installment and give me your opinions!

(by the way, i'm 12 years old)

CHAPTER 1: The Story Begins

The master blade hummed a few inches from Links shadowed face as he sat underneath the tangled boughs of the lost wood, his eyes closed in silent preparation for the next section of his training routine.
In a sudden burst of speed and power he leapt and spun his blade towards the cowering kokiri kid, resting it an inch from his neck.
''Oh, it's you Pathos,'' he said lowering his sword to his side''I thought I told you not to interrupt me during my training routine, it's too dangerous!''
''I know, Link, but it's really important!''exclaimed Pathos.
''What wrong?''Link's friendly smile turned into a serious look of shock,''what is it?''
''It's Saria, her music has stopped, she must be in danger!''
Link ripped open his rough, leather travel bag, removed the glistening Ocarina of Time, grabbed his sword and brought the magical instrument to his lips.
As the last notes of the song of Soaring began to fade away into the depths of the forest, Pothos shouted one last sentence at the now rapidly departing ball of light.
''Save Saria, Please save her!''

<(++++++++++++++++++++++++)>

Link's feet had barely touched the ground as he ran towards Saria's pale, limp body that was lying atop a tree trunk a few feet away from the forest temples entrance. Link's triforce piece burned as he touched her, he recoiled, his triforce had only ever reacted this way in the presence of the evil king, Ganondorf! He overcame his fears when he saw that her eyes had rolled and that her chest was barely rising as she breathed. He grimaced in pain as he slung her, like a doll, over his shoulder.
Reaching, once again for his ocarina, he glanced around the sunlit meadow. It seemed different, somehow. He shook his head, it must be his imagination.
A glistening butterfly, resting on the top of an overhanging branch, watched them disappear away towards a towering castle in the distance.
Thu 25/04/02 at 19:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
not bad...give it some more humour source!
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:58
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
CHAPTER 4: The Plot Thickens!

Link thought as he made his way to the jewel pedastal, packing away Zelda's note as he did so.

He thought about Zelda, the state she was in, how long she would stay that way. He also thought about Saria and the world of Hyrule, and how it would all fall into disarray without Zelda and the rest of the sages.

Link shook himself awake, he had reached the pedastal. The powerful gems glinted in the sunlight as he swapped them around. He then reached into his bag and pulled out his pale blue Ocarina and, lifting it to his lips, played the Song of Time. The fragile notes echoed around the hallowed hall as the ancient door to the master sword grinded shut. As it closed, the glittering pedastal slid out of position revealing a set of stony stairs leading deep into the darkness.

Link only stopped for a second to repack his ocarina and he was away, down the staircase like a fox.

Then, unseen by Link, the stairs ended, and he fell into the deep.

<(++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++)>

Moments later, link found himself hovering in mid air, supported by some unseen force!

''I am the Oracle,''a mysterious voice boomed inside his mind,'' I am the one who looks after the gods. Yet I have failed. I have allowed the gods to get sick. I am not worthy of the power bestowed upon me.

But that is not why I have brought you here. I have brought you here to tell you what you must do to save the gods. But before I tell you this, I must tell you about the seven worlds of our realm, and how they were formed.''
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Good, needs a little more humour to keep me reading though, great though
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:31
Regular
Very good start!
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:26
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
opinions
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I read it, sounds good to me anyway. If people don't read it, keep popping it up, but don't go on about it for ages, it just get's annoying. Only trying to help!

:)
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:24
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
If you read this, please post your opinions!!!!!!
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:01
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
This sounds good, very good! Keep up the good work !
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:57
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
Please post opinions!
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:56
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
CHAPTER 3: Message of the Oracle

Link awoke and found himself sprawled across the familiar flagstones of the Temple of Time. His entire body ached as he pulled himself into sitting position. He blinked, and noticed for the first time that his triforce no longer burned! He gazed around the room as he tried to think of a possible reason for this and he noticed the hasty note that he had grabbed as he had ran from the castle.

Wincing in pain, he reached for it, streaching his aching muscles. To Link's surprise, he found that he could not reach the note. This puzzled him for a moment, but then he realized why this was.

''Of course!'' he thought,'' I'm a kid now, I've travelled 7 years into the past!''

Standing up on his now stumpy legs, Link strode towards Zelda's message, picked it up and began to read.

'Dear Link,' the message said,' If you are reading this then you have seen the state that I am in. I am like this because it is the gods that give a sage its power, and they have been struck by a terrible disease! The oracle, thankfully, was not infected, but he does not have the power to hold the realm together by himself, and he cannot try to find a cure because he is using all of his power to hold balance in the seven worlds of the realm. Yes thats right, seven worlds, he did not have time to explain this to me, but he will have time to explain it to you. He did tell me this, though, each world has seven sages, like ours, and each world has a hero, such as you, the only difference is that our world was ,made to balance the other six, so our sages are the most powerful, and you are the most powerful hero. This all means that the sages on the other worlds are all affected by this disease.

The Oracle says that the only way to cure the Gods is to combine the power of the seven heroes and to come to the sacred realm to send your power to the gods, this will heal them. the only problem is that the heroes of the other worlds are all dead. But there is hope! If you can find the Sacred Ocarina of each world and play on it the secret tune of the Oracle at their graves, they will be resurrected!

The Oracle also said that the sacred realm was not just the resting place of the Triforce, but also a gateway to the other worlds. You can access this part of the Sacred Realm by swapping the Kokiri Emerald with the Zora Sapphire and then by playing the song of Time again.'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.