GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Legend of Zelda: Hero of the Realm"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 19:21
Regular
This is my story, a story about Legend of Zelda. Please read each installment and give me your opinions!

(by the way, i'm 12 years old)

CHAPTER 1: The Story Begins

The master blade hummed a few inches from Links shadowed face as he sat underneath the tangled boughs of the lost wood, his eyes closed in silent preparation for the next section of his training routine.
In a sudden burst of speed and power he leapt and spun his blade towards the cowering kokiri kid, resting it an inch from his neck.
''Oh, it's you Pathos,'' he said lowering his sword to his side''I thought I told you not to interrupt me during my training routine, it's too dangerous!''
''I know, Link, but it's really important!''exclaimed Pathos.
''What wrong?''Link's friendly smile turned into a serious look of shock,''what is it?''
''It's Saria, her music has stopped, she must be in danger!''
Link ripped open his rough, leather travel bag, removed the glistening Ocarina of Time, grabbed his sword and brought the magical instrument to his lips.
As the last notes of the song of Soaring began to fade away into the depths of the forest, Pothos shouted one last sentence at the now rapidly departing ball of light.
''Save Saria, Please save her!''

<(++++++++++++++++++++++++)>

Link's feet had barely touched the ground as he ran towards Saria's pale, limp body that was lying atop a tree trunk a few feet away from the forest temples entrance. Link's triforce piece burned as he touched her, he recoiled, his triforce had only ever reacted this way in the presence of the evil king, Ganondorf! He overcame his fears when he saw that her eyes had rolled and that her chest was barely rising as she breathed. He grimaced in pain as he slung her, like a doll, over his shoulder.
Reaching, once again for his ocarina, he glanced around the sunlit meadow. It seemed different, somehow. He shook his head, it must be his imagination.
A glistening butterfly, resting on the top of an overhanging branch, watched them disappear away towards a towering castle in the distance.
Sat 27/04/02 at 15:50
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
I.love.gamecube wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> This may sound primeval, but add a few Stalfos, a trusty sharp
> sword,
> the bow, and a tasty lot of Hack'n'slash and you're there! :-)
>
> trust me, that is all coming in the next chapter,

P.S. I have to introduce the story don't I!!!
Sat 27/04/02 at 15:49
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
Cyclone wrote:
> This may sound primeval, but add a few Stalfos, a trusty sharp sword,
> the bow, and a tasty lot of Hack'n'slash and you're there! :-)

trust me, that is all coming in the next chapter,
Sat 27/04/02 at 15:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
This may sound primeval, but add a few Stalfos, a trusty sharp sword, the bow, and a tasty lot of Hack'n'slash and you're there! :-)
Sat 27/04/02 at 15:41
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
opinions, please!!!!!
Sat 27/04/02 at 15:27
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
Please post your opinions!
Sat 27/04/02 at 15:20
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
CHAPTER 5: The Genesis.

Link felt an onrush of air as the Oracle pulled him into his mind. Link found himself floating in the middle of space.

''In the beginning there was,'' the oracles gentle voice surrounded Link,'' nothing. The gods were the only creatures in the realm and they required no sustinence. they required no home. they wandered space aimlessly until...''

Link lookedx down to see the power-shrouded bodies of Farore, Din and Nayru rushing past, their glowing tails of energy stretching far into the distance.

''Nayru, their leader, decided that there was no point to their existance, she said that without people to care for, their abilities were wasted.''

Link watched in awe as the glowing bodies gathered together and joined their powers, sending them out into open space. slowly, the shadows of six shining disks began to appear.

"So they decided to create six worlds. Each one would have different creatures and different plant life. Each one would be cared for by the group of gods. They would tend to the worlds like they were babies".

The worlds began to take substance, they filled with mountains and oceans and forests. Link could see great green expanses of open land, he could see vast reefs, giant volcanoes and picturesque valleys.

"Satisfied, the gods sent animal life to the worlds, fish, mammals, reptiles and birds. They also sent eight very special people to each world, The seven sages, to protect the world from evil and a hero to save the world if the sages should fail. Finally the gods created a sacred realm, a gateway between the worlds. On each world they built a brilliant temple, a temple of Time, a place where scriptures of the gods can be found, a place where one can enter all three sections of the sacred realm, the evil realm, where Ganon is now trapped, the Triforce realm, the place where the Triforce was hidden from evil and the gateway realm, where you are right now. All of these sections can be accessed if you have the three keys, and the magical instrument and the magical tune to play on that instrumemt.''

Link saw large Temples rise from the ground and twelve glowing balls scatter around them. then the Gods flew up high, above Link, to a brilliant white cloud resting above the realm, then they stood, watching.

''The gods then believed that their jobs were done, but soon they found that they were wrong. A terrible evil swept across the lands, and the gods found that the evil, his name was Ganon, could block them from protecting the worlds. The evil destroyed the Hero of each world, and mastered all but one of the secrets of the sacred realm, that secret was the Triforce realm. Nobody would teach Ganon the secret tune of the seventh sage, for if ganon held the triforce, he could control the whole realm.

The gods, seeing that there was only one way to stop his fury, created a seventh world and, just in case, made it so that the Triforce could only be accessed from that world. They made the sages of this world extremely powerful, and the hero, you, even more so. They believed that Hyrule was the key to capturing Ganon once and for all.''

Link saw the six worlds covered in a second darkness, he saw battles of flame and evil, he saw oceans turn black, he saw forests deformed and mountains destroyed. The gods flew down between the worlds and gathered their final energy, blasting it in a stream of fury towards the empty space. Suddenly a large world formed, rivers and valleys forming in seconds, much quicker this time, the gods sent the twelve glowing orbs and the Temple of Time.

''Soon Ganon had been sent to the evil realm, and trhe Realm lived in peace. Until now. A new evil has infected the gods and the only way to save them is for you to resurrect the six other heroes! To do this you must go to all the other worlds.

Goodbye!!!''

Link dropped into the the darkness of the Gateway realm.
Fri 26/04/02 at 19:20
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
I'm sorry, but i can't write a piece of my story today, my computer froze, and now I dont have eanough time to rewrite what I had allready written!!!!
Fri 26/04/02 at 18:31
Regular
I.love.gamecube wrote:
> AshMan wrote:
> not bad...give it some more humour source!
>
> Tell me this. Is Zelda a comedy game?

No need to be like that - it was just some constructive criticsm I happen to agree with. Listen and learn, give the readers what they want!
Fri 26/04/02 at 18:21
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Keep it as it is mate, it's getting good although we need to see a bit of action soon!
Fri 26/04/02 at 18:19
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
AshMan wrote:
> not bad...give it some more humour source!

Tell me this. Is Zelda a comedy game?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.