GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Turismo III : A spec"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 23:00
Regular
Now it has come down in price to 20 notes do you think it is worth getting? i did like the game when it came out and i rented it but is it really still worth buying now?
Do you still play on it?
Has it still caught your imagination?

KR
Sun 21/04/02 at 18:26
Regular
I have got a black mazda MX 5 and have tuned it up quite well at the moment
Sun 21/04/02 at 10:40
"...Unicef pennies.."
ssxpro wrote:
> One car that still eludes me (well, there`re six actually) is the TVR speed 12

The best way to get your hands on this one (and believe me, it's worth it. 1000bhp + through an 800kg chassis? I like the sound of that!), is to do the Tuscan challenge in a fully tweaked TVR Tuscan Speed 6. Make sure you win all the races, so that you are at least 10pts ahead of your nearest rival going into the final race. Save the game, and then start the final race, and quit out immediately. You will still have enough points to win the championship. If you win a pesky griffith, just reload the save and try again! One of the 4 prize cars is a dark grey Cerbera Speed 12. You'll win it eventually!
Sun 21/04/02 at 10:07
Regular
I`m a big fan of all the vipers. The Viper Concept is the car I usually stick with as its easier to balance than the standard. The Team Oreca one is nice, certainly a fine looking car, but you just can`t fiddle with it as much as the others, so it loses out a little there.

Obviously the polyphony racing cars are the best for speed and handling together, but they are a little too easy to drive which makes it less fun. Its much more enjoyable to pick something with equivalent horse power, but a lot less stability round corners.

Something else that is brilliant for really irritating friends is mini tuning. The car itself is... terrible. However, with a lot of tuning and fiddling, it`ll keep up with untuned mitsubishi lancers. Its still best to avoid courses with long straights, but on the more twisty tracks it just sticks like glue.

One car that still eludes me (well, there`re six actually) is the TVR speed 12. I`m trying the polyphony digital cup again now as I believe it can be won there, but before that I`d been trying the Tuscan Challenge, but with no success. I must have won it 6 times or more, and I always ended up with the Griffith 500.

I`ve just remembered another favourite of mine, the Zondas. I`m not a great fan of the race car, but the C12 and S can be nicely tuned, and they certainly look stunning.

Anyway, enough ramble. Its a great game, thats about it.
Sat 20/04/02 at 22:36
Regular
heh that is my favourite
Sat 20/04/02 at 22:30
"...Unicef pennies.."
Pah!

It has to be the Mitsubishi Evo VI. Not as fast, but quality handling.

If you want a skyline, you really need to win the Nismo 400R. About the only Skyline that'll stay on the black stuff round corners.
Sat 20/04/02 at 22:19
Regular
is see you like the nissan skyline then :D
Sat 20/04/02 at 22:13
Regular
"round the outside"
skylineskylineskyline!
Sat 20/04/02 at 14:31
Regular
i was going to get it in electronic boutique but i rang up and they said it is sold out and they will get some more in on tuesday, so i have rented it until monday night and will buy it on tuesday
Sat 20/04/02 at 11:03
Regular
good good, i shall be buying it later today
Sat 20/04/02 at 10:56
Regular
"WWJD"
It's a really good game i like the way you can build up your cars as you go threw just making them better it's a class game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.