GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Unlimited"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/04/15 at 08:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
I notice Freeola now have a slighter cheaper connection available than the one I am currently on. Is it easy/worth me swapping my connections over to this? (our family has 3 in total and across them it would seem to be a worthwhile saving). I'm just a little bit wary of doing anything with my home connection as I've had issues with it in the past (that strangely seemed to rectify themselves). Its been well behaved for a while now & I don't want to upset it!
Fri 08/05/15 at 09:46
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Morning.
As per the ticket replies you have now both been moved to a 9dB non interleaved profile so hopefully you sync speed should have increased.
Thu 07/05/15 at 19:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Having chatted to our supplier I can confirm that all connections are provisioned with DLM and they confirmed that they can switch to fixed profiles if this doesn't seem to be behaving. Unfortunately I had to leave Freeola towers a bit early so hopefully one of our support staff will sort your tickets. I will check in the morning.
Thu 07/05/15 at 18:19
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Ticket raised.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 12131 kbps 1023 kbps
Line Attenuation 29.5 db 15.3 db
Noise Margin 12.1 db 14.2 db
Thu 07/05/15 at 18:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
Cheers Eccles, will do it now.
Thu 07/05/15 at 17:13
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Your downstream attenuation indicates you should be able to run around 10Mbps so if you send us in a ticket asking to have the target SNR dropped (I would try 9dB first and it that seems stable after a few days then a drop to 6dB might be possible).

Same for you Jim if you wouldn't mind. I will enquire about the Dynamic Line Management as it is either disabled or lazy and not doing what I'd expect.
Thu 07/05/15 at 16:58
Regular
"I like turtles"
Is this the info you requested from our routers Eccles?

Line Attenuation 38.5 db 21.5 db
Noise Margin 11.0 db 12.4 db
Thu 07/05/15 at 16:57
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I think TT lines also support 3dB now so on stable lines that is a possibility.
Thu 07/05/15 at 13:04
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
I'm guessing your new package has a higher target noise margin (SNRM) which gives a more stable connection but at the price of a reduced sync speed.

This might be something that can be changed (lowered) to give a higher sync if it doesn't update itself over time.

Unless Eccles or a staffie posts a reply then I would contact Freeola and ask if the Target SNRM can be manually lowered from what looks like a default 9db (or 12db). This would increase your connection speed.

BTw uses a TSNRM of 6db and with ADSL2+ on a stable line 3db to give a higher sync.

I placed an order for a new broadband connection on behalf of a client yesterday but their exchange only allowed a standard Freeola package. But I'm about to place an order for a new 'unlimited' package very soon for another client so I'll be able to see how things work first hand :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Typical! *Must type faster*
Thu 07/05/15 at 13:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If you are able to could you post your line stats from your routers here. I'm interested in the SNR, I'm guessing they are defaulting to 12dB so the profile could easily be dropped to a 6dB I think.
Thu 07/05/15 at 11:27
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
pete_21 wrote:
Still no increase in speed for me, as I mentioned it's functional for most stuff but can't watch HD streams with it. Definitely slower than my previous connection (but stable as mentioned earlier).

I'm finding exactly this too. My speeds haven't budged from those reported below.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.