GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Unlimited"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/04/15 at 08:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
I notice Freeola now have a slighter cheaper connection available than the one I am currently on. Is it easy/worth me swapping my connections over to this? (our family has 3 in total and across them it would seem to be a worthwhile saving). I'm just a little bit wary of doing anything with my home connection as I've had issues with it in the past (that strangely seemed to rectify themselves). Its been well behaved for a while now & I don't want to upset it!
Thu 07/05/15 at 09:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
DL, how close do you live to an exchange then? Your connection is awesome!

I'm lucky pete ... it's just around the corner, half mile at the most.
Thu 07/05/15 at 07:40
Regular
"I like turtles"
Still no increase in speed for me, as I mentioned it's functional for most stuff but can't watch HD streams with it. Definitely slower than my previous connection (but stable as mentioned earlier). Will see how it goes but not overly impressed at the moment TBH, is there any possibility of being able to offer FTTC on this tariff soon?

DL, how close do you live to an exchange then? Your connection is awesome!
Sat 02/05/15 at 22:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
All seems to be 'good' with you all now ...

Never mind me, I'll just carry on ...
Sat 02/05/15 at 21:48
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Hmmm... wrote:
@JTD
Do you know what your line stats were before you moved?

No I don't but I remember they were >17Mb/s down and approx. 2/Mb/s up.

I watched a match on BT sport today and it only briefly buffered a couple of time.

I'm generally not feeling it's any worse than it was.

Stats today 3 days 4 hrs uptime..

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 12259 kbps 1023 kbps
Line Attenuation 30.0 db 15.8 db
Noise Margin 12.0 db 14.1 db
Sat 02/05/15 at 21:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hmmm... wrote:
...I'm guessing your new package has a higher target noise margin (SNRM) which gives a more stable connection but at the price of a reduced sync speed.

This might be something that can be changed (lowered) to give a higher sync if it doesn't update itself over time.

I'm sure Eccles will advise.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

That's precisely how my connection is behaving Hmmm. It may not be super fast but it's unbelievably stable (apart from the initial dip I experienced on the first day) it seems to vary no more than 0.5 - 0.75 Mbs. Here is a graph taken from a test I have just done. Once this connection has settled I'm hoping my sync speed will increase a bit, if that happens and it remains as stable as this I'll be happy.
Fri 01/05/15 at 22:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
My BT Wholesale Tester stats read as:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 17.29 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 17.59 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.07Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

My router stats will always show higher values than those above.
Fri 01/05/15 at 22:31
"Are you sure?"
@JTD
Do you know what your line stats were before you moved?

I'm guessing your new package has a higher target noise margin (SNRM) which gives a more stable connection but at the price of a reduced sync speed.

This might be something that can be changed (lowered) to give a higher sync if it doesn't update itself over time.

I'm sure Eccles will advise.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 01/05/15 at 22:11
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
@pete: A couple of days (it switched over sometime on the afternoon of the 29th April).

uptime: 2 days 04:51:14

my router stats today are:
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 12259 kbps 1023 kbps
Line Attenuation 30.0 db 15.8 db
Noise Margin 11.8 db 14.1 db

The speedtester site gave my speeds at 9.29 down and 0.88 up.
Fri 01/05/15 at 21:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks Hmmm (and Eccles who's post wasn't there when I originally commented!).
Fri 01/05/15 at 21:07
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
For TalkTalk based connections the accepted speed test site is internet-speedtest.net.
Sorry I forgot to update this thread earlier. I've made some updates to usage data so it should display a bit better now! Problems with static IP allocation should be sorted now as well but you may have to reconnect to pick up the correct IP. Please let us know if this doesn't resolve the problem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.