GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simpsons - Is it Just me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
Or is it getting worse and worse with every new episode?

I LOVE the simpsons, not as much as Cdouch, but I do watch it a lot, and I have to say that recently it's certainly been going downhill. I now find that Homer annoys me in newer episodes as he is much cockier then before, which I don't think suits him, and Marge's voice irritates me like hell! The kids are sane the parents aren't.

The jokes are just getting a bit unoriginal. I do like The Simpsons, but I think they should end it, in case it gets too bad and they are forced into doing so.

Thoughts?
Wed 10/04/02 at 11:14
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Well, last Sunday's episode of Futurama was hilarious, sorry Gabbo, I didn't see the new Simpsons. I'm not saying that Simpsons sucks now, it's still good, but not as good as before.
Tue 09/04/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
All the old Simpsons episodes make me wet my pants. With laughter. The new ones are shameless vehicles for unfunny gags and stupid celebrities. Atleast with the older episodes they gave characters celebrity voices, instead of just having celebrities. And they never used to have pop songs either. shows how much Groening's morals have changed. I watched an old episode today and it was about God and the Christian way of life, and there was a really strong moral background in amongst the constant stream of hilarious jokes. Now it's just sad and raises barely a titter and episode. Plus they got rid of all the best bits - Itchy and Scratchy to name just one! It was sad when Phil Hartman died, because he did most of the best characters (Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure), and the show really took a nosedive after that.

Futurama, on the other hand, is a breath of fresh air. There hasn't been a successful space cartoon sitcom since God knows when. Although Futurama does sometimes feel like it's struggling. *Fact* Fry's first name is 'Philip' - named after Phil Hartman, who was originally going to voice the character. *unfact*.

Oh my God, I was just gonna come in and write 'Simpsons bad Futurama friend'!
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:42
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Channel 4 have the rights from BBC to screen old episodes. They don't have the new ones like Sky, and won't have for a couple of years.
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:26
Regular
I dont really have a favorite Simpsons episode but one of my favorites is 'The Computer Wore Menace Shoes' this is the one where Homer makes his own website as Mr. X
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:20
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
It will still be on BBC for a few more years. Channel four will get the new episodes which arnt very good, but they still paid a hell of a lot of D'oh for them.
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It's a shame than BBC will soon to be no longer broadcasting the Simpsons, I hope Channel 4 keep it in a good time slot though, as I still love that show.
Tue 09/04/02 at 20:18
Regular
most of the simpsons on sky and bbc2 are repeats now except the odd occasion, i have seen most of the simpsons episodes now and im enjoying futurama even more now, i love futurama
Tue 09/04/02 at 19:58
Regular
I think my favourite episode is when Bart falls down the well, still made me laugh out loud when I watched it a few weeks ago...
Tue 09/04/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
auf deutsch wrote:
> The one with 22 mini movies looks good

Thats one of my all time favourite epsiodes!!
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
My favourite on the video is the last one the Film festival one. Now that one is how the simpsons should be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.