GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simpsons - Is it Just me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
Or is it getting worse and worse with every new episode?

I LOVE the simpsons, not as much as Cdouch, but I do watch it a lot, and I have to say that recently it's certainly been going downhill. I now find that Homer annoys me in newer episodes as he is much cockier then before, which I don't think suits him, and Marge's voice irritates me like hell! The kids are sane the parents aren't.

The jokes are just getting a bit unoriginal. I do like The Simpsons, but I think they should end it, in case it gets too bad and they are forced into doing so.

Thoughts?
Sun 21/04/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yup it was good today. But whats the deal with Milhouse lately, oops I mean The House.
Sun 21/04/02 at 20:20
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Thank god, I thought I was alone!!
Todays episode was pretty funny, I didnt hear muost of it becuase my nethew was round screaming his head of Do'h!!, but I like Renoir Wolfcastle he rules
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:17
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
yakumo wrote:
> yeah its like when you find a sweet behind the sofa and it turns out
> to be stale hairy, but that doesent mean next time you find one your
> not going to eat it, right?......or is that just me?

You and the PS2 crew.
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
New episode today - 6:30 Sky one
Fri 19/04/02 at 20:18
I love the simpsons and futurama although I do think that the new Simpsond episodes arent as good as they used to be.
Fri 19/04/02 at 13:28
I'd still rather see new episodes of The Simpsons on TV, than 95% of the other dross on. Some of the newer episodes have been duds, but there are still a lot of very funny ones being made. Last week I caught 'Worst. Episode. Ever.' which was centered around Comic Book Guy, which was one of the funniest ones I've seen in ages.

The special guest episodes are a bit of a double edged sword. Sometimes they are very funny (the Halloween episode with Pierce Brosnan as the voice of the Simpsons new 'house' computer is pure class). But on the other hand then you get episodes like the Superbowl one with Dolly Parton and Rupert Murdoch which I thought was a case of 'Hey, let's do an episode about visiting the Superbowl!'..... 'Yeah! Great!'......'Anyone got any jokes?'.

Ageing the kids has got to be a no no. That would be an admission that they've finally run out of ideas.
Thu 18/04/02 at 20:35
Regular
I'm a big fan of the Simpsons and watch it all the time. I've seen almost all the episodes except for a few which only got aired perhaps one. Such as the death of Marvin Monroe, My brothers caught it but I haven't and several hundred episodes later on BBC2 and Sky I still haven't seen it.

Anyone who says the newer episodes have gotten worse are completely RIGHT. I really do not enjoy them as much as I used to. Although saying that I will always carry on watching it. Is there anything else on? Not really no. But after each new episode I do discuss how bad it was with others.

They seem to base whole episodes around stars. They have pointless story lines that never stay work out. If you go back and read out what happened in a Simpsons episode it sounds completely stupid.

Grandpa's worried about after he dies. The Simpsons get a tennis court, they're bad, everyone can beat them, family fights, challenge in compitition with tennis stars. That's about it.

You do really think "What the hell is going on"

I like episodes that actually have a story and lots of jokes. Kinda like the one where Homer became a marriage teacher. "..the process of removing weeds from one's garden.."

The new ones are good to watch but I hardly enjoy them as I use to. If there was something better on I wouldn't mind switching over. I'll probably catch the episode again after it's repeated for the 20th time.

I think they should all finally age. Bart is about 24 now, not 10. He's older than me. It's bad when they go on about growing up in the 80ies. So many christmas episodes. I'd like to see Bart and Lisa as teenagers now. I think they should try that before they pull the plug as a change that huge is bound to generate a lot of interest. I mean most of the people who watch it are teenagers+ not 8-10 year olds. I don't want to be introduced to them when I was in primary school and still see them there when I've already left university.
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:00
"Mimmargh!"
Well Futurama is being cancelled and Simpsons is not as good as it was, is this the end of the road?
Sun 14/04/02 at 10:53
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Yeah - I agree. But don't get me wrong - it's still a classic!
Fri 12/04/02 at 17:17
I liked the week before last's new episode. The one were sugar gets banned. Thought thta was V.Funny. But last sunday was a bit dismal. The only bit that made me laugh was the bit when homer had his snore remover on and that erny guy was siging to the eurithmics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.