GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simpsons - Is it Just me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
Or is it getting worse and worse with every new episode?

I LOVE the simpsons, not as much as Cdouch, but I do watch it a lot, and I have to say that recently it's certainly been going downhill. I now find that Homer annoys me in newer episodes as he is much cockier then before, which I don't think suits him, and Marge's voice irritates me like hell! The kids are sane the parents aren't.

The jokes are just getting a bit unoriginal. I do like The Simpsons, but I think they should end it, in case it gets too bad and they are forced into doing so.

Thoughts?
Fri 12/04/02 at 16:58
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Watch a recent episode and see how many movie references you can spot,
> or background things going on.

I think the movie references and background things are very funny, I always seem to spo the backroung thing but my brother never does, weird, maybee Im looking for them.
Fri 12/04/02 at 00:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The only thing bothering me about the simpsons at the moment is the number of repeats being shown on BBC2, i think ive seen every episode at least twice by now.
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:29
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
yeah its like when you find a sweet behind the sofa and it turns out to be stale hairy, but that doesent mean next time you find one your not going to eat it, right?......or is that just me?
Thu 11/04/02 at 08:19
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Solskjær wrote:

try not to watch it so often, and
> watch something else instead.

But I'm hooked!!!
Thu 11/04/02 at 01:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Joe Dark wrote:
I wouldnt
> class that as a new episode, its a middle episode and also a very funny episode.
---

Fair point but I didn't say it was a new episode.
I was saying that compared to earlier episodes where slapstick humour was the main, it's showing how the writers are developing.

I've heard quite a few people complain it "isn't as funny" anymore, and I'll say that *for me*, it's more so.
Watch a recent episode and see how many movie references you can spot, or background things going on.

It's just developed from "Homer fall down now" to subtle humour, and personally I prefer that.
Wed 10/04/02 at 22:53
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
When I didnt have sky for a while I found my old simpsons tapes i must have like 10, My new fav episode is the ice hockey one where bart and lisa play each.
But Ive been watching the first series of family guy and am loving that so ,uch then simpsons as of late.
I think the new series seem more boring then previous series is the jokes seem all alike.
Wed 10/04/02 at 17:35
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> and don't bother with little touches like the FBI building's motto in the
> episode where Homer sees an alien

I wouldnt class that as a new episode, its a middle episode and also a very funny episode. Ive had it on video for about 4 years so it can't be that new.
Wed 10/04/02 at 17:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree that SOME of the new episdoes we see on Sky are qute dull and boring. But there are still a few that appear from time to time and really grab our attention and make us laugh.

But this is a very low number, and I have a bad feeling that The Simpsons' is dying. :(
I wonder how long it'll be now before it's finnished!

And if you're sick of it, try not to watch it so often, and watch something else instead. Then go back to it later, and you should still find it quite fun and interesting - even if they're episodes you've seen before.
It works for me. :D
Wed 10/04/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'd disagree.

The Simpsons is getting sharper and sharper with each episode.
More satirical, more subversive and more underground.

It's not that it's not funny anymore, but the humour comes from being aware of cultural events and other things.
However, most people think Homer falling down is hilarious, and don't bother with little touches like the FBI building's motto in the episode where Homer sees an alien

"Springfield FBI: Invading your privacy for over 40 years"

It's not the humour is getting worse, it's getting harder to see for the "Hahaha, Homer said *doh* brigade".
Which is fine by me.
Wed 10/04/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
cjh wrote:
> Channel 4 have the rights from BBC to screen old episodes. They don't have the
> new ones like Sky, and won't have for a couple of years.

Taken from Frinky.com (The best simpsons site for news)

Channel 4 has won the rights to broadcast The Simpsons, it was announced tonight.

The BBC pulled out of negotiations at the weekend after being asked to pay £700,000 an episode.

Viewers will be able to watch The Simpsons on the BBC until the end of 2006 with three new series and repeats.

Channel 5 had also been hoping to secure the rights.

Channel 4 has acquired UK terrestrial rights to upcoming new episodes starting with series 12 and 13.

As part of the deal, Channel 4 has also acquired the rights to terrestrial repeats of previous series.

The UK pay-TV rights to The Simpsons are not included in Channel 4's deal. Channel 4's director of programmes, Tim Gardam, said: "We are very excited to have secured the rights to what is broadly recognised as one of TV s most creative, original and brilliant shows. The Simpsons will help reinforce Channel 4's appeal with young and upmarket audiences."

June Dromgoole, Channel 4 s controller of programme acquisition, added: "The Simpsons is a natural fit with Channel 4s long-standing tradition of showcasing the best of US television. It is one of the most enduring and successful series in television history and its popularity with British audiences is self-evident."

Dawn Airey, Channel Five chief executive, said: "We're obviously disappointed as we put in what we considered to be a very competitive bid."

Sky One has had the pay-TV rights to the show since it began on its sister Fox network in 1989.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.