GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simpsons - Is it Just me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
Or is it getting worse and worse with every new episode?

I LOVE the simpsons, not as much as Cdouch, but I do watch it a lot, and I have to say that recently it's certainly been going downhill. I now find that Homer annoys me in newer episodes as he is much cockier then before, which I don't think suits him, and Marge's voice irritates me like hell! The kids are sane the parents aren't.

The jokes are just getting a bit unoriginal. I do like The Simpsons, but I think they should end it, in case it gets too bad and they are forced into doing so.

Thoughts?
Tue 09/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Or is it getting worse and worse with every new episode?

I LOVE the simpsons, not as much as Cdouch, but I do watch it a lot, and I have to say that recently it's certainly been going downhill. I now find that Homer annoys me in newer episodes as he is much cockier then before, which I don't think suits him, and Marge's voice irritates me like hell! The kids are sane the parents aren't.

The jokes are just getting a bit unoriginal. I do like The Simpsons, but I think they should end it, in case it gets too bad and they are forced into doing so.

Thoughts?
Tue 09/04/02 at 16:43
Regular
its just you..its just as good as it first was. there are always going to be some dodgy episodes. maybe your taste in comedy is changing.
Tue 09/04/02 at 16:50
"High polygon count"
allardini wrote:
> I LOVE the simpsons, not as much as Cdouch

You love Cdouch more than the Simpsons?
Tue 09/04/02 at 16:51
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I have say that the newer episodes are lame and they done seem to be getting any badder, but they can still make me laugh, which is a good thing, but then thats a one time per episode ratio......thats a bad thing.
But I would rather live in a would with not so great new simpsons with the possibility of them getting better then no new simpsons at all.
Plus simpsons still pull the tv watchers in and the comment about them "stopping the show before they have to" is very unlikely
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:21
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Well, it's either you or as Ashley said, your taste in comedy is changing which also is down to you. I take it you watched the new episode on Sunday. If you did, how can you claim that Homer snoring through his eyes is unoriginal? I know I’ve never seen this done before on another programme and it had me in hysterics.

But it is a fair point to say that the Simpsons might appear to be going downhill, I don’t think they are but I’ve spoke to a few people on and off the forums which seem to agree with you. I don’t agree with you but that’s just my personal taste, I love the new episodes just as much as the old ones.

Although I don’t agree with you, I respect your opinion but I ask you this. If the Simpsons you watched on Sunday was the first ever episode you watched, would you be complaining or raving about it?

P.S. Tomorrow night, BBC2 at 6:00pm. One of the best episodes is on – King Sized Homer. It’s the one where he has to gain weight so he can be classed as disabled. I seriously recommend that everyone watches it.
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> allardini wrote:
> I LOVE the simpsons, not as much as Cdouch

You love
> Cdouch more than the Simpsons?

I didnt know you cared
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:45
Regular
"That's right!"
Everyone knows the Simpsons has been going downhill for ages

Sure, it's still funny, but not in the clever way it was

Look at the new episodes, there are more and more unfunny jokes with each one, nevermind the storylines have been absolutely dreadful for ages

Still good but noway near as good as it was back in it's peak
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:50
Regular
It isnt as good as it used to be now (sundays episode was alright), the middle episodes are the best.
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Simpsons started out quite poor, then gone better and better until it reached its peak around seasen 7-10. After that it started to go down hill. This is because of different writers, they are starting to run out of things to happen and they're trying to keep it fresh and original.

New episodes are ok and are still funny. But they are lacking something, that certain charm the show once had. These days they are making the show to, whats the word im looking for her...zany (that will do). Some people like this new style and think its an improvement. But I think the Simpsons was much better when it was simple and down to earth. When there was episodes people could relate to.

The thing is, they can make the show as poor as the want, and we'll keep watching. Because its the Simpsons and they have got us hooked.

The last few new episodes have been quite good except the latest one which sucked. They filled it with too many sex jokes, by the time the adverts started you had already had enough.

Hopefully it will go back to how it used to be. Or the creators will keep changing the show until it becomes even better than before. Hey at least we have the memories, videos and complete seasens being released on DVD.

By the way I strongly suggest you check out the latest simpsons video/DVD, Film Festival. Its great and I highly reccomend it.
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Please excuse my poor grammerand spelling mistakes, I was back to school today...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.