GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Titanfall"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/14 at 07:57
"possibly impossible"
Anyone been playing the Beta?

I've had a few hours with the Xbox One version (the PC one refused to connect me to a server when I first tried it, but I'll hopefully go back before the Beta ends).

It's certainly more exciting that COD games have become and anything with large Mechs in gets my vote. I like the way that the game is well balanced, too, you never feel like you have to be inside the Titans at all times.

It's still not enough to convince me to get a copy at launch (though if the PC version runs ok on my PC then I might see if it's going cheap), and I don't like the lack of single player campaign, but I've been quite impressed.
Fri 04/04/14 at 09:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
DL wrote:
You certainly like CoD clones pete ;¬)

I think Titanfall basically created 1 of 2 reactions:

It's COD with giant robots... meh

It's COD with giant robots... woo hoo!!!!

You appear to have correctly guessed which camp I appear to fall into DL! :)
Thu 03/04/14 at 22:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
You certainly like CoD clones pete ;¬)
Thu 03/04/14 at 21:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
chasfh wrote:
My point being exactly that...

It certainly won't be the last time EA do this. As a customer, you are not a concern to them, you simply have the choice of "Buy a new console" or "Wait an indeterminate amount of time".

Which, again, is pretty much the PC gamer's permanent state, irrespective of developer.

GTA5 anyone?

Fair point. Has the PC version of GTA5 been purposely postponed or is it just not finished? Thought that would have surfaced well before now TBH.

The thing about Titanfall that did make me smile was EA's 'warning' that stats from the 360 version will not carry over if/when someone 'upgrades' to the XB1 version...good! I'm expecting to have my sorry ass well & truly handed to me by 15 year olds who will have been playing the XB1 version for the last month at their mates houses. The fact that I will be able to bury any traces of my impending humiliation is probably the biggest carrot MS could dangle to make me want to jump ship! :D
Thu 03/04/14 at 19:04
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
My point being exactly that...

It certainly won't be the last time EA do this. As a customer, you are not a concern to them, you simply have the choice of "Buy a new console" or "Wait an indeterminate amount of time".

Which, again, is pretty much the PC gamer's permanent state, irrespective of developer.

GTA5 anyone?
Thu 03/04/14 at 18:48
Regular
"I like turtles"
EA delayed release date of the Xbox 360 version twice, claiming it needed 'polishing'. An 'insider' leaked rumours of frame rate issues & the game running at well below 720P, there has been no screenshots, no gameplay footage and no press privy to test it at any point.... and all because there was clearly sod all wrong with it and MS wanted to use the game to try and entice their customers (casual gamers/that looks good enough for me brigade) to buy XB1's. The problem is that description probably sums up the vast majority of Xbox 360 owners! They would have been better off just making a version that sucked! (but that would have cost them huge sales wouldn't it...?).

Oh well, I've clearly been made to wait a month for no reason whatsoever but if that's the worst thing that happens to me this year reckon I'll get over it.
Thu 03/04/14 at 17:15
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pete_21 wrote:
As most suspected...

What?! You suspect EA of manipulating sales and releases to maximise profits, over and above any considerations of customer base and...

Oh, wait. That's exactly what they always do...
Thu 03/04/14 at 16:58
Regular
"I like turtles"
As most suspected...
Wed 19/03/14 at 20:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
360 version now delayed until 11th April. Not overly bothered TBH, the way my internet connection has been behaving I doubt I would be able to play it properly anyway.
Fri 21/02/14 at 21:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Cool, look forward to playing it. This sounds promising, reckon I'll be happy enough with that.
Thu 20/02/14 at 23:27
"possibly impossible"
Yes, certainly the best online shooter I've played for a long time. The balance is just right and the weapons are fun to use.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.