GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Titanfall"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/14 at 07:57
"possibly impossible"
Anyone been playing the Beta?

I've had a few hours with the Xbox One version (the PC one refused to connect me to a server when I first tried it, but I'll hopefully go back before the Beta ends).

It's certainly more exciting that COD games have become and anything with large Mechs in gets my vote. I like the way that the game is well balanced, too, you never feel like you have to be inside the Titans at all times.

It's still not enough to convince me to get a copy at launch (though if the PC version runs ok on my PC then I might see if it's going cheap), and I don't like the lack of single player campaign, but I've been quite impressed.
Tue 17/06/14 at 22:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Latest patch downloaded & installed, new map pack purchased & installed but haven't managed to get a single game all night :(
Fri 18/04/14 at 00:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Well I've played Bluepoint's superb 360 port quite a bit over the last week and can conclude the following:

The single player campaign is simply a collection of multiplayer matches with small cut scenes played before each one (so as DL commented there really isn't one).

There is a stack of maps included as standard but it could do with a few more game modes IMO.

I don't know if the game does run on dedicated servers but I haven't noticed any lag whatsoever on the 360 version. Matchmaking can take a while at times but it does seem to do a decent enough job of balancing the teams out (not all games in this genre seem to do that).

Yes the XB1 & PC versions may look a bit prettier and have a few extra frames per second but there is very little wrong with the 360 version at all. As mentioned there are a few minor graphical issues when there is a lot going on at once but as the gameplay is so frantic you rarely notice when playing it TBH.

There must be DLC due (for the console versions at least) as there is a season pass already available (costs about £20).

In short if you want a deeply satisfying single player campaign look elsewhere, but if you are up for an insane multiplayer FPS with some of the craziest & most OTT gameplay mechanics seen in this genre then buy Titanfall... on whatever platform. It's fast, it's furious and it's quite simply the most fun video game I've played in ages.
Thu 17/04/14 at 20:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Reviews are out for May magazine editions and they do not rate its 'longevity' ... no single player, no dedicated servers and no DLC as such. But, thiscould all change ...
Thu 17/04/14 at 18:45
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Looks pretty darned impressive on the 360, but there is a noticeable difference with the Xbox One without a doubt.

But, like any console, the new Xbox will be outmoded soon enough compared to PC kit. Having said that, the DX12 update should help keep it fresh for a bit longer.

I am still rightly impressed by the new Xbox, graphically it's a monster (at present). Forza, Black Flag and Titanfall all look pretty glorious.
Fri 11/04/14 at 20:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
But you are EPIC pete ... do you have their insurance aswell?
Fri 11/04/14 at 16:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
360 version of Titanfall is great, buy with confidence! I've noticed the odd bit of minor screen tearing when there's a lot going on but other than that it's a great port, nothing wrong with it.

Also most people on it seem to be as crap as me at the moment which (to quote a certain TV advert) is making me feel epic! :)
Wed 09/04/14 at 16:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
Interesting article and video. Looks as though Bluepoint have done a stellar job on the 360 port. No wonder MS wanted it burying!
Mon 07/04/14 at 08:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
First Xbox 360 gameplay footage, looks good enough to me.
Fri 04/04/14 at 13:25
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Fair point. Has the PC version of GTA5 been purposely postponed or is it just not finished? Thought that would have surfaced well before now TBH.

Don't really know if it's "intentional" or not, but as the PC specs were released well before the console version even surfaced, I suspect it might be.
Fri 04/04/14 at 10:53
"possibly impossible"
I'm not the biggest fan of online cod but Titanfall is great fun (well, the little I've had to play of it so far)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.