GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quake 3, what a load of anal"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
Quake 3, what's up with that?

I've tryed my hardest to like this game but I just can't find it in me, it's a great conversion don't get me wrong but what the heck is up with the controls?

They just suck, i've fiddled around with the sensitivity setting but it just sucks. The game's just crying out for an auto aiming system like Goldeneye, I can't see how ID could have over looked this. You just can't get the kind of pin point accuracy needed for Quake from an analog stick that you can from a keyboard and mouse combo. Half the time I just find myself firing wildly in hopes that maybe I can get a few shots on target.

Don't think i'm some PC games bum boy though, I love console 1st person shooters but this sucks most royally.
i'm stuck on the 3rd level of the Single player game and I really can't see myself getting any further unless I go out and buy a mouse and keyboard.

I'm just glad I only payed £5 for it....

On a happier note Tech Romancer rules everyone should own this game.
Wed 15/05/02 at 17:31
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
on outrigger try the last arcade level on the hardest setting, its actually bloody hard, the rest of it is good but easy and over to quick
Tue 14/05/02 at 13:24
might borrow it off my mate for a laugh
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:34
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> does that work with the keyboard and mouse I never knew that :)

Aye! :oP
Tue 14/05/02 at 09:43
does that work with the keyboard and mouse I never knew that :)
Mon 13/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
Flames of Phoenix wrote:
> I've got a keyboard, and I wouldn't get a mouse just for one, maybe
> two, FPS games.

Don't forget Outtrigger. That's an amazing fps.
Mon 13/05/02 at 17:05
The best controls were and still are the mouse and keyboard controls on q3 for dreamcast never forget how good it was online aswell
Mon 13/05/02 at 14:13
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> I'm used to good controller set-ups e.g Goldeneye, Perfect Dark.

altough people have tried the golden eye/pd controls just dont translate to controllers other then the n64, i think they are gonna have the same trouble on the gamecube....shame really, but now every fps on consoles well be going dual sticks, it shouldent be that big a deal!
Mon 13/05/02 at 13:37
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I've got a keyboard, and I wouldn't get a mouse just for one, maybe two, FPS games.
Mon 13/05/02 at 08:42
Regular
Flames of Phoenix wrote:
> The controls on Quake are insanely difficult. Whereas, although UT
> aren't mych better, they are at least playable. And going online with
> it is a blast! WAHOO!

If you weren't so cheap and got yourself a mouse and keyboard you'd notice a HUGE difference.
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:14
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
The controls on Quake are insanely difficult. Whereas, although UT aren't mych better, they are at least playable. And going online with it is a blast! WAHOO!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.