GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quake 3, what a load of anal"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
Quake 3, what's up with that?

I've tryed my hardest to like this game but I just can't find it in me, it's a great conversion don't get me wrong but what the heck is up with the controls?

They just suck, i've fiddled around with the sensitivity setting but it just sucks. The game's just crying out for an auto aiming system like Goldeneye, I can't see how ID could have over looked this. You just can't get the kind of pin point accuracy needed for Quake from an analog stick that you can from a keyboard and mouse combo. Half the time I just find myself firing wildly in hopes that maybe I can get a few shots on target.

Don't think i'm some PC games bum boy though, I love console 1st person shooters but this sucks most royally.
i'm stuck on the 3rd level of the Single player game and I really can't see myself getting any further unless I go out and buy a mouse and keyboard.

I'm just glad I only payed £5 for it....

On a happier note Tech Romancer rules everyone should own this game.
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
Quake 3, what's up with that?

I've tryed my hardest to like this game but I just can't find it in me, it's a great conversion don't get me wrong but what the heck is up with the controls?

They just suck, i've fiddled around with the sensitivity setting but it just sucks. The game's just crying out for an auto aiming system like Goldeneye, I can't see how ID could have over looked this. You just can't get the kind of pin point accuracy needed for Quake from an analog stick that you can from a keyboard and mouse combo. Half the time I just find myself firing wildly in hopes that maybe I can get a few shots on target.

Don't think i'm some PC games bum boy though, I love console 1st person shooters but this sucks most royally.
i'm stuck on the 3rd level of the Single player game and I really can't see myself getting any further unless I go out and buy a mouse and keyboard.

I'm just glad I only payed £5 for it....

On a happier note Tech Romancer rules everyone should own this game.
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:32
Regular
"Whatever!"
Trust me when I say you need a mouse and keyboard to get the most out of the game!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 20:09
Regular
Get a mouse and a keyboard from SR, or second hand (and a lot cheaper) from cex.co.uk and you'll be eating your words. :o)
Thu 04/04/02 at 21:49
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Tiltawhirl, dont ever think about buying OutTrigger. Its even worst! But 'tis still a good game for £10.
Thu 04/04/02 at 21:57
Regular
The graphics on Outtrigger are good, and the effects are great. The sound though is crap - explosions are just some Japanese man going 'Wooosh!'
Thu 04/04/02 at 22:04
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Gar-J wrote:
> The graphics on Outtrigger are good, and the effects are great. The sound though
> is crap - explosions are just some Japanese man going 'Wooosh!'

Yep i agree. But for a tenner i cant complain! lol :-)
Thu 04/04/02 at 22:47
Regular
Don't get Unreal Tournament for DC either. That's the crappest conversion I've ever seen. Quake III lost a LOT less during translation than UT did, and Quake has more complicated graphics!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 23:15
Regular
I can tell the games good cause it's pretty much the same as the PC version and I enjoyed that, it's just the controls I can't get my head around. Having said that it's much better when you've got more than one apponent to kill, i've enjoyed Quake when i've set up all the options but on the single player when you have to face off against one apponent it's just feckin boring. Trying to shoot somoene at a distance with a rocket is about as much fun as sitting on a bag of nails, you're better off shooting the floor in front of them you're more likely to hit something.
Thu 04/04/02 at 23:27
Regular
You're saying DC UT is the same as PC version?!
Thu 04/04/02 at 23:57
Regular
No Quake 3 is as far as I can tell, I haven't played it that much cause I end up throwing the pad across the room for being so damn annoying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.