GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wind of Takuto"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:47
Regular
The new Zelda new was announced today, with a positively luke warm reception. Many expected a much better name, especially Special Reserve.

But more experienced gamers are looking past that and looking for meanings behind the name? Who is Takuto? And Why Exactly has he got bad farting problems?

People who complain about the name should remember that this is just something to label the game under, something so i will be able to get searched for and other things of that nature - in effect, it is just a packaging.

I bet the people that moan are the kind that judge a game by everything but its gameplay and go around town centres on saturdays throwing fireworks at birds.

Tribute
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:28
Regular
Nah, lets make a petition that they hand over total creation rights to Ninty, that'll make them bleed Mwahahaha
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:26
Regular
"Festivus!"
I say we bycott them! Or just steal the game from WHSmiths...
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:26
Regular
jes cuz the jappy name translated to Wind of Takuto doesn't mean that it's the European name it could well end up "Legend Of Zelda - Wind Of Bob" but i'm sure it's the name of a place since many puzzles are going to need the wind to help solve them so maybe it'll be called "Wind Of "
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:19
Regular
Tribute wrote:
> I think the new Zelda will blow everything else out of the water -
> except Mario, who will still be going strong.

Don't forget Starfox Adventures! Or are we all boycotting Rare now...
Thu 17/10/02 at 16:25
Regular
"keep your receipt"
you really are all very silly. The official NOJ site recebtly updated their Zelda page with the confirmed name 'Legend of Zelda - Kaze no Takuto'. Of course after this happened nearly every western website in the world came up with a dodgy translation of it, but the word 'Takuto' actually means 'Baton' or 'Wand', so the best translation would be 'The Legend of Zelda - Wand of Winds'. This of course could mean that like the Ocarina of Time, you coan se the Wand of Winds to change the weather and stuff.
Thu 17/10/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Festivus!"
I think the new Zelda will blow everything else out of the water - except Mario, who will still be going strong.
Thu 17/10/02 at 14:54
Regular
I think that the name suits a Zelda game fine.

Anyway, wind is meant to feature heavily in the game.
It should really bring the cartoony world to life - much better than your average static lifeless sterile world that most games present us with.
Thu 17/10/02 at 14:51
"Darkness, always"
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

I'm sure the game would play no different if it were called Legend of Zelda: The Great Burning Fiery Death Storm of Takuto.

It really doesn't matter.
Thu 17/10/02 at 11:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I really don't see what's so bad about the name??
It won't matter to us when we're playing it sometime next year.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were hardly 'great' names to title a game, but they came out great when we got-down and played them.
And look at some of the older names... Does it really matter?

Anyway, it is better than just knowing it as 'The Legend of Zelda GC'
At least we have SOMETHING now!

But still no European release date. :(
Thu 17/10/02 at 11:28
Regular
"aliens exist"
hello i broke the news a while back,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.