GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wind of Takuto"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:47
Regular
The new Zelda new was announced today, with a positively luke warm reception. Many expected a much better name, especially Special Reserve.

But more experienced gamers are looking past that and looking for meanings behind the name? Who is Takuto? And Why Exactly has he got bad farting problems?

People who complain about the name should remember that this is just something to label the game under, something so i will be able to get searched for and other things of that nature - in effect, it is just a packaging.

I bet the people that moan are the kind that judge a game by everything but its gameplay and go around town centres on saturdays throwing fireworks at birds.

Tribute
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Festivus!"
That would be cool... Not certainly buying this one yet, may just see what happens and other releases... I know it will rule, but will it suit my type of game? This is the question I am asking myself about starfox too...
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:05
Personally, I think Zelda will rule even though I think wind related puzzles actually kind of suck. I like action more. Depends if they are good mario-style puzzles though.
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:46
Regular
"keep your receipt"
apparently according to Miyamoto in Zelda 'the wind is blowing all the time'. This could mean we have some funky wind-related puzzles to play with. And remember that Link uses a boat to sail around on!
Fri 18/10/02 at 15:59
Regular
"Festivus!"
Everybody did...
Fri 18/10/02 at 13:34
Regular
I thought that Takuto was the new land that this Zelda game is set in...
Thu 17/10/02 at 19:05
Regular
"Festivus!"
Wand of Police? It'd be cool if sting recorded for the game, wouldn't it?
Thu 17/10/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Wind of wans, eh? Sounds kinda like Oracle of Seasons, in which you used a rod to change the seasons. Still, I reckon we will get a better translatoin, one that hopefully will stop the "Wand of Police" stuff. :D
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:55
Regular
"Festivus!"
of course, they could mean 'Legend of Zelda - Polic baton of cheese'
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:33
Regular
Police Baton of the wind? ok that's weird, Link will be in the middle of a fight with Ganondorf (Even though he's probably a child) and he'll be nearing victory when a small breeze begins and link gets hit by hundreds of flying police batons :)
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:29
Regular
"¬_¬"
Actually, I'll have you know, It's 'wand of the wind'. Similar to Ocarina of Time. I read on Edge that it's an untranslatable word. It's similar to a German word, which kind of means 'police baton'. But more of a wand. And not necessarily police.

Anyway, It's continuing in the tradition of 'element' names.

So you're wrong. And NOA haven't decided on a Western name yet, so save all your aggro until then :@.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.