GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"convince me about the gamecube, go on...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
i have a ps2 and an x box and have to say i am completly happy with them, the ps2 blew me away when i got it but the x box has nealry killed me, it is just so f***ing good.

now, i have seen a few cheep deals on eBay and in my local paper for the gamecube (uk and us) i just want to know from nintendo fans some REAL facts as to why the GC is worth getting, its power is feeble compard to the X Box and the games such as zelda, mario and pikmin dont apeal to me as im a mature gamer and dont want the cartoony or kiddie games, i prefer games such as GTA3 , MGS2 and halo.

so is their anything that the GC can offer me? or is it not worth me getting one?

(please just serious posts, i dont want any - get the GC its the best. I want reasons and facts, and please dont say - get it cause its smaller. to me that makes no difference to me whatsoever)
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:37
people keep on about how many origonal games the GC has.. don't you ever stop and wonder WHY? i'll tell you it's because most of them (with the odd exception/very odd) are so babyish and of the lower age range that the BIG2 XBOX & PS2 would not touch them with a barge poll.After the hype has gone in a few month's it will go the same way as the n64,this time next year you'll be able to buy one for £60 with 2 games........................

p.s to the person who commented about the dvd on the xbox not being near the standerd of a stand alone dvd(£230),well my friend i can tell you after witnessing them both in action in the same room that the differance is unnoticable
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:02
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
SHUT UP and read Edgy's reply to your idiotic nonsense about Xbox !

The BIGMAN
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:18
i suggest you SHUT THE HELL UP and go and read my reply to edge's drug indused response, then go play with your LITTLEman,littleboy.
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:26
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
How dare you call me LITTLE (in both cases), why the hell do you think I call myself BIGMAN, do you want me to come and sit on you !!!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:27
i'm off now because i don't want to get into a(JUNIOR)school yard fight.Sorry if the truth has spoilt your day,oh and "bigboy" it will get longer if you keep on pulling it...
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:35
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
PLAY THE GAME wrote:
> i'm off now because i don't want to get into a(JUNIOR)school yard fight.Sorry if
> the truth has spoilt your day,oh and "bigboy" it will get longer if
> you keep on pulling it...

Firstly i'm in Year 10 at high school and secondly 'bigboy', know you sound like a poof !
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:36
Regular
PLAY THE GAME wrote:
> i suggest you SHUT THE HELL UP and go and read my reply to edge's drug indused
> response, then go play with your LITTLEman,littleboy.

Surely I don't take drugs...I'm too much of a kiddie to take drugs! No, Nintendo fans don't do drugs because they're too young and simple minded aren't they.

Surely the Playstation 2 and the X-box are reserved for the drug indused players? They're more grown up consoles for the grownup who take drugs and steal cars and beat the crap out of old ladies for their pension.

Oh, sorry, I started talking about the big adult title Grand Theft Auto 3 there didn't I.

But I find it offensive that you're being this way to people because they see Nintendo as a games company, not as a toy manufacturer. Though that's what all console companies are really aren't they?

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega, Sinclair, Amstrad, Atari. They all made toys for people to play on. You play on your Playstation 2 and/or X-box, I choose to play on the GameCube. Does that mean I'm drug indused? I challenge you to a blood test to see who really is the addict.

If you can find even one mg of simple paracetamol in my blood, then I take it all back!

Grow up before you try and tell others to, and maybe you wont get yourself banned.
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:42
edgey & bigman should'nt you be going now NICKELODEON is on.
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:45
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Look I will write in capitals so that your simple mind will be able to read it !

SHUT UP, GROW UP & GO BACK TO THE XBOX FORUM !!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:53
what ever P I N H E A D see my reply in the other topic.........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.