GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"convince me about the gamecube, go on...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
i have a ps2 and an x box and have to say i am completly happy with them, the ps2 blew me away when i got it but the x box has nealry killed me, it is just so f***ing good.

now, i have seen a few cheep deals on eBay and in my local paper for the gamecube (uk and us) i just want to know from nintendo fans some REAL facts as to why the GC is worth getting, its power is feeble compard to the X Box and the games such as zelda, mario and pikmin dont apeal to me as im a mature gamer and dont want the cartoony or kiddie games, i prefer games such as GTA3 , MGS2 and halo.

so is their anything that the GC can offer me? or is it not worth me getting one?

(please just serious posts, i dont want any - get the GC its the best. I want reasons and facts, and please dont say - get it cause its smaller. to me that makes no difference to me whatsoever)
Tue 02/04/02 at 19:59
Regular
Not out for 2 years yet.

It's barely worth thinking about for the moment.
Turok Evolution is looking good though...
Tue 02/04/02 at 20:05
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
VERY GOOD !!!
Tue 02/04/02 at 21:33
I have to say that people who say things like "don't buy a gamecube, it doesnt even play DVD's, buy an xbox, its better value" are such idots, because as the game cube is so much cheaper then an xbox, you can buy a gamecube, and with the £150 you save you can buy a dvd player for your tv which as everone knows will be far better than a dvd player on a console
Tue 02/04/02 at 23:38
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Right.

PS3 is in the making, showing signs that Sony are scared of GameCube's power.

X-Box will live for ever because Billy Gates will pump his never ending money into it, but it did sell to well, 2 Japaneese Retailers have already halted stocking the X-Box because of poor sales.

GameCube will have the biggest line of launch games ever seen.

You say about not wanting kiddy games and such, well, I confess, the GC does have a few kiddy games, but its always targeted, look at the PS2, and count how many kiddy games it has, let me save you the trouble, Alot.

Mature gamer? Eh? DOn't let cutsy graphics fool you, but, there are many mature games, a whole series of Res Evil games are coming, around 5 (Correct me on this) loads of rally games (Yeah!) Rouge Squadron, Dave Mirra, Tony Hawks 3, meh, I can't be bothered to list them *All* but theres quite a few, just let me tell you that.

Its cheap, £165 will get you a Black GC from SR, now, PS2 is still over that, and PS2 has been out for.. 2 years? Piracy is eliminated, Small disks.

Its neat and compact, if you care, but I think personally it looks great. If may not play dvd's or cd's, so if you want that, go buy PS2 or something.

A Console. Is. For. Games. Dvd and extra things are just extra things to go wrong. I played X-Box. And yeah, the graphics are good on Halo, but, I wasn't addicted, I don't know why but I wasn't. It was great yeah, but it didn't keep me there amazed for years, like Perfect Dark.

£300 will get you an X-Box, then you have to pay an extra £30 just to play dvd's! PS2, £170ish. It plays dvd's and cd's but PS3 is in the making, so why buy a console if your only gonna get what, 2 years out of it? I buy a console to last.

Ah hell, just get one, even just to look pretty, you make "Find" a copy of SuperSmashBrothersMelee and it "Lands" into you new mantlepiece beauty, and, you WILL enjoy it. So buy a GC, you know you want to.

(I already have Rouge Squadron and a Black GC all paid for before you question me)
Wed 03/04/02 at 12:28
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
GasMask wrote:
> Right.

PS3 is in the making, showing signs that Sony are scared of
> GameCube's power.

WRONG!!! the ps3 was in the making a month after they finished ps2 as they started the ps2 a month after they finished ps1

a whole series of Res Evil games are
> coming, around 5 (Correct me on this)

already that many on ps2, i know the newer ones will be GC only tho

>Dave Mirra, Tony Hawks 3

both already on ps2 and x box (i thought people said GC was the place for originality)

>Piracy is eliminated, Small disks.

not eliminated, just reduced, for the time being

>If may not play dvd's or cd's,
> so if you want that, go buy PS2 or something.

if you had botherd to read the post i all ready have a ps2

> PS3 is in the making, so why buy a console if your only gonna get what, 2 years out of it

ps3 wont be out for another 3, 4 or 5 years plus i already had my ps2 for 1 year

look all i wanted was real reasons why the GC is worth getting as i all ready have ps2 and X Box, you have failed to give any good reasons, except Rouge Leader and Perfect Dark Zeo but thts only 2 games...

nevermind, it was fun finding out tho
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:18
PS2 doesnt have 5 resident evil games. PS1 does. But what does that have to do with it. The newer ones will be different and better. Enhanced gameplay wise and graphics wise.

About your comment on the gamecube not having original games. You give me one game for the PS2 or X-Box thats like Super Smash Brothers: Melee? Super Monkey Ball? Animal Forest?

CD and DVD compatibility deserves no points when discussing a 'GAMES' console. Games consoles are for games.

Price is good value.
First of the three to go online. (90%)
You keep saying the X-Box has the best graphics. Wrong. It has the potential to achieve the best graphics. (highest polygon count and so on) That doesnt mean every game is going to be a graphical masterpiece. Its the games that make the graphics. The console only adds limits and the cube and X-box are so similar it doesnt make much of a difference at all. Theres not a game out for either console that takes the graphics to the limits. Besides all that what do you want more? Graphics or Gameplay? The graphics mean nothing without good gameplay. A game can be good without earth-shattering graphics and thats been proved many times before.
You would think from what you said Rogue leader and perfect dark are the only two good games that will ever come to the gamecube. Not quite. SSB:Melee, Animal Forest +, Res Evil series, Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star Online, Sonic series, Mario series, WWF series.
I could keep naming games and game series' but I dont know what kind of games you like so theres not much point. However the range of games coming out for the Gamecube is a lot better than the PS2.
I have a PS2 and will get a gamecube the day it comes out. Theres about 3 announced games for the PS2 that I want. For the gamecube theres 8+.

But realy it all comes down to one thing. What you want. You can go to a popular msgboard that covers all gaming in one forum and ask 'What console out of PS2,X-Box and Gamecube is the best' and youll get people saying each of them. Why? Opinion. You should get a console if you want it. Not if some random people you have never, and probably will never, meet over the internet are getting it.

All 3 consoles have good points and bad points. They are all evenly matched. Its what YOU think and want that counts. Not what everbody else thinks and wants.
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
AFX wrote:

look all i wanted was real reasons why the
> GC is worth getting as i all ready have ps2 and X Box, you have failed to give
> any good reasons, except Rouge Leader and Perfect Dark Zeo but thts only 2
> games...

nevermind, it was fun finding out tho

"Failed" ? What the hell is wrong with people these days, you give them a damned list of about 20 reasons about how good the GameCube is and then they complain and say that you have "Failed" Sheesh!

You want reasons?

THPS3 and Dave Mirra might be out on PS2, but, SSMB, SMB Sonic Adventure 2, Rouge Squadron, Perfect Dark Zero, Driven, Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, Pikmin, Starfox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Need I go on? Thats 12 original games that are exclusive to GameCube. You take your whole PS2 collection, and I bet every single one of your games in on a different console or is coming out on a different console.

Originality? Nintendo are Originality. I don't believe this..

PS3 was in making a month (?) after they finished PS2? I don't believe this. Now either you have been taken in by some April fools or your just dumb. I don't see any official announcments, (Go find) or anything, yeah you can guess or assume that PS3 is in the making, which it probably is, but without hard evidence, i'll just have to brush that little comment aside.

Kids.
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:36
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
You tell him Gas Mask !!!
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well its common manners, you ask for help, and then you complain that its "Bad" help?! SHEESH..

And you caught me in a good mood.
Thu 04/04/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
GasMask wrote:

PS3 was in
> making a month (?) after they finished PS2? I don't believe this. Now either you
> have been taken in by some April fools or your just dumb.

The 'Dolphin' was started soon after the N64 was released, consoles take years to finish. The have got to do the research, try new technology, test every little aspect of the thing... I wouldn't be surprised if the initial development of Nintendos new console has started now. Once they had finished making the GC, then they have got nothing else to develop. (I know someones gonna pick that comment to pieces!) They are developing new technology for consoles all the time, the longer they have in developing it, then the better it will be when it is released.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.