GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"convince me about the gamecube, go on...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
i have a ps2 and an x box and have to say i am completly happy with them, the ps2 blew me away when i got it but the x box has nealry killed me, it is just so f***ing good.

now, i have seen a few cheep deals on eBay and in my local paper for the gamecube (uk and us) i just want to know from nintendo fans some REAL facts as to why the GC is worth getting, its power is feeble compard to the X Box and the games such as zelda, mario and pikmin dont apeal to me as im a mature gamer and dont want the cartoony or kiddie games, i prefer games such as GTA3 , MGS2 and halo.

so is their anything that the GC can offer me? or is it not worth me getting one?

(please just serious posts, i dont want any - get the GC its the best. I want reasons and facts, and please dont say - get it cause its smaller. to me that makes no difference to me whatsoever)
Tue 02/04/02 at 11:11
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
BIGMAN wrote:
> You still have to pay another £30 for DVD player on Xbox !

but not on the ps2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u aint that big ;-)
Tue 02/04/02 at 11:13
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
all i was doing was putting reasons why the x box or ps2 are more expensive, the games on ps2 and x box r lots better than the gamecubes............ u have put me right off getting the gamecube
Tue 02/04/02 at 11:16
Regular
"not dead"
Firstly, the Gamecube's power isn't feeble when compared to the Xbox's. Look at the graphics for any of the games and you won't see much difference.

Thirdly, I suggest you find a store with a Gamecube in, and play it for yourself toy see if you like it.

Secondly, there are plently of games coming to the Gamecube exclusively, if these games are games you want, you'll have to get a Gamecube.

Fourthly, there will be interaction between Gamecube and GBA titles. You won't get this with any other platform, and if it's utilised properly could be really different.

My advice is to wait to see what emerges, if anything takes your interest, go for it.
Tue 02/04/02 at 11:22
Well i found this on igncube when someone posted somthing about the cube bing for kids.

"Fran responds: I talked to Microsoft and Sony, and apparently there was a mix up when the companies were ordering their target demographics. As it turns out, Xbox is supposed to have the most "little kid's" games with the PlayStation 2 following closely behind with blockbuster releases such as Barbie and Ken's 3D Adventure. As you noted yourself. GameCube is getting quite adult-oriented titles such as the Resident Evil series and Final Fantasy. I could probably mention Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Die Hard: Vendetta, the new James Bond title from Eurocom, UFC: Throwdown, Turok: Evolution, Rogue Spear, Reign of Fire, and Mafia, but I'm sure you'd somehow delude yourself into thinking they're "little kid's" games too."

they only mentioned like not even half of the mature games.
Tue 02/04/02 at 12:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A few points;

1.Why is Mario or Zelda kiddy?

2.Define a 'mature game' please.

3. Compare the GC and Xbox - Hardly any graphical difference.

4. Think harder next time please.
Tue 02/04/02 at 12:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sorry more - You say the Xbox and PS2 games are superior to the GC? WHY?

Halo, the Xboxs 'killer app' is appearing on the PC as well - so the ole box loses the exclustivity of that, and what are the others? Compare this to the GC, which has the Nintendo quality, as well as all the 'cool' extreme sports/beat em'ups/horror games, and it is a potent mix. It is like a '64, with all the best bits of the PSone thrown in, to make a brilliant new console, with loads of other original titles coming in!
Tue 02/04/02 at 13:20
AFX wrote:

most of the resi evil ones too will come out on ps2
(or somin like that) but isn`t the resi games only be produced for gamecube, it says so in all my mags.
Tue 02/04/02 at 13:42
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I thank everyone for backing me up !!!!

Long Live Nintendo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Trust me AFX I AM BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 02/04/02 at 19:18
Regular
AFX, Zelda and Mario might LOOK like "Kiddie" games, but they're as challenging to play as the likes of MGS2 and The Devil May Cry.

It's like a breath of fresh air.

The likes of Halo and GT3 are the best of their kind but they're also like their predecessors.

The Gamecube is the best place to find something new, fresh and original.

Monkey Ball, Mario Kart and Smash Brothers are the best four player games around (Halo's neat but won't be hugely better than the Gamecube FPS's).

And if you really can't bear the cartoony graphics, there's always Metroid and Eternal Darkness...
Tue 02/04/02 at 19:30
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Three words. PERFECT DARK ZERO !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.