GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"convince me about the gamecube, go on...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
i have a ps2 and an x box and have to say i am completly happy with them, the ps2 blew me away when i got it but the x box has nealry killed me, it is just so f***ing good.

now, i have seen a few cheep deals on eBay and in my local paper for the gamecube (uk and us) i just want to know from nintendo fans some REAL facts as to why the GC is worth getting, its power is feeble compard to the X Box and the games such as zelda, mario and pikmin dont apeal to me as im a mature gamer and dont want the cartoony or kiddie games, i prefer games such as GTA3 , MGS2 and halo.

so is their anything that the GC can offer me? or is it not worth me getting one?

(please just serious posts, i dont want any - get the GC its the best. I want reasons and facts, and please dont say - get it cause its smaller. to me that makes no difference to me whatsoever)
Mon 01/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
i have a ps2 and an x box and have to say i am completly happy with them, the ps2 blew me away when i got it but the x box has nealry killed me, it is just so f***ing good.

now, i have seen a few cheep deals on eBay and in my local paper for the gamecube (uk and us) i just want to know from nintendo fans some REAL facts as to why the GC is worth getting, its power is feeble compard to the X Box and the games such as zelda, mario and pikmin dont apeal to me as im a mature gamer and dont want the cartoony or kiddie games, i prefer games such as GTA3 , MGS2 and halo.

so is their anything that the GC can offer me? or is it not worth me getting one?

(please just serious posts, i dont want any - get the GC its the best. I want reasons and facts, and please dont say - get it cause its smaller. to me that makes no difference to me whatsoever)
Mon 01/04/02 at 19:35
Well if you dont like 'kids games' star wars rogue leader II may persuade you. Its probably the best star wars simulation yet. I'm getting a gamecube because of the 'kids games'. Super monkey ball looks so good, a real party game. But if your looking for loads of 'mature games' its probably not worth getting a gamecube as there will be plenty of good action games on the ps2 and x-box (i also have a ps2).

Well thats my view, take it or leave it. g
Mon 01/04/02 at 19:50
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Gamecube is cheaper than Xbox and PS2 (fare enough it does n't have all the added features like DVD player). There are LOADS of games coming out. As Nintendo said it will be around 20 on May 3rd and should be up to 50 by the summer.
There is a good range of games coming out for all ages. As you prefer more 'mature' games than there's the likes of Star Wars: Rouge Leader, Resident evil (all 6 games), Perfect dark Zeo, Metroid, Timesplitters 2 etc. There are also good fighting games being released like Super Smash Brothers Melee and Soul Calibar 2. Than of course there's the games that you call 'kiddy' like Zelda, Mario Sunshine, Luigi's mansion, Pikmin, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, the list is endless. Nintendo have made sure that they get everything right this time including better advertising and making the console user friendly and easier to develop for. Being honest if you can afford to have an Xbox and a PS2 then i see no reason why you cannot afford a Gamecube and then see for yourself !!!!!!

The BIGMAN
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:15
Regular
Read the many topics below this one, and on older pages. There's plenty of info and opinions to convince you there.
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:25
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
BIGMAN wrote:
> Gamecube is cheaper than Xbox and PS2 (fare enough it does n't have all the
> added features like DVD player).

as i said i have a ps2 and x box, so hows that supposed to convince me??

Star Wars: Rouge Leader, Resident
> evil (all 6 games), Perfect dark Zeo, Metroid, Timesplitters 2 etc.

timespliters will also be on the ps2 and most of the resi evil ones too... whats metroid?

star wars is the only game so far that i appeals to me. any more games/reasons?
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:26
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
Edgy wrote:
> Read the many topics below this one, and on older pages. There's plenty of info
> and opinions to convince you there.

i did do and they didnt, thats why i started this post
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:39
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
You can afford both the PS2 and the Xbox so why not get the Gamecube. I'm getting the Gamecube for many reasons, i have most Nintendo consoles and the games they produce are (to me) the best, there is n't much else that appelies to me on Xbox or PS2. It is (as I already said) cheaoer than the other two. I've worked out that for everthing I want on relase day it will cost around £275, this includes Gamecube, two controllers, two games and a memory card. The Xbox is £300 for god's sake and the PS2 is still around £200. Try and work out a similar package for PS2 or Xbox for that amount. A Xbox pakage like that would probably cost around £420, a PS2 package like that would cost about
£330 !!!!
Tue 02/04/02 at 02:25
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
BIGMAN wrote:
> You can afford both the PS2 and the Xbox so why not get the Gamecube. It is (as I already said) cheaoer than the other two.

I KNOW THE GAMECUBE IS CHEAPER - but thats not gonna make me buy one as i have the other 2, jeez cant u read :-S

I've
> worked out that for everthing I want on relase day it will cost around
> £275, this includes Gamecube, two controllers, two games and a memory
> card. The Xbox is £300 for god's sake and the PS2 is still around
> £200. Try and work out a similar package for PS2 or Xbox for that amount.
> A Xbox pakage like that would probably cost around £420, a PS2 package
> like that would cost about
£330 !!!!

tr
ue but can the gamecube play DVD's at that price, does it come with 733mhz processor or broadband enabled iternet connectivity for that price NO IT DOSN'T when u fork out the extra to get upto spec it comes out the same does it not :-S
Tue 02/04/02 at 08:24
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
You still have to pay another £30 for DVD player on Xbox !
Tue 02/04/02 at 08:51
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
But like I read in the Xbox forum surely it's not the console, it's the games that you buy it for. There is n't that many people that just went and bought a PS2 because it had a DVD palyer or the Xbox because it has a built in hard drive. Most people bought their console because of the games on it. Many people bought a PS2 for GTA3 or MGS2 and many people bought the Xbox for Halo. This is why i'm buying a Gamecube because of the games. So what if it does n't have a DVD palyer, I have n't got any DVD's anyway. I have most of the other Nintendo consoles and enjoy the games that are on them. Just the same as people who bought PS2 because they owned a PS2. If you think that PS2 and Xbox are so much better than don't get Gamcube but most people on May 3rd are buying the Gamecube because of the games that are beng released on the console !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BIGMAN

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.