GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"convince me about the gamecube, go on...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
i have a ps2 and an x box and have to say i am completly happy with them, the ps2 blew me away when i got it but the x box has nealry killed me, it is just so f***ing good.

now, i have seen a few cheep deals on eBay and in my local paper for the gamecube (uk and us) i just want to know from nintendo fans some REAL facts as to why the GC is worth getting, its power is feeble compard to the X Box and the games such as zelda, mario and pikmin dont apeal to me as im a mature gamer and dont want the cartoony or kiddie games, i prefer games such as GTA3 , MGS2 and halo.

so is their anything that the GC can offer me? or is it not worth me getting one?

(please just serious posts, i dont want any - get the GC its the best. I want reasons and facts, and please dont say - get it cause its smaller. to me that makes no difference to me whatsoever)
Sat 06/04/02 at 15:52
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Strafex wrote:
> Amos and GPotteruk...

Why is it that newbies are suddenly talking more sense
> than us regulars? :-D

If it wasn't for that "Play the Game" chimp,
> you'd think that it was the newbies who knew their stuff best! :-D

My reply...

I'm a mature(ish) gamer too, and yes I do know my stuff!! I'm unbiased too, so can argue any case for any console posted by any **ahem's** on these forums too!! :-D
Sat 06/04/02 at 15:23
"+ suspicious minds"
PLAY THE GAME wrote:
> what ever P I N H E A D see my reply in the other topic.........

that sounds unbearably like sweet valley high talk...

what ever dude, just talk to the hand, you like, freak!

agh! my ears are bleedin, bleedin i tells'you!
Sat 06/04/02 at 01:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
took the words outta my mouth...
Sat 06/04/02 at 01:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
< old insomniac enters>

Kiddy gamers ey?

Hmm, in my day we told them this - Gameplay counts for all, and those blasted 'mature gamers' can go west with the Hun as far as I am concerned!

;-)
Sat 06/04/02 at 01:22
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
grrr-argh

:[
Sat 06/04/02 at 01:14
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
SHNARF!
Sat 06/04/02 at 01:07
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Sibs wrote:
> Cooky, that last post really made you sound like an old man...!

> :D

I must be becomming........... mature!

narrr

NARF - ZORT - POINT

:}
Sat 06/04/02 at 00:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Cooky, that last post really made you sound like an old man...!

:D
Sat 06/04/02 at 00:11
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
That may well be true. But newbies that come here and just spam a load of nonsence really do get on peoples nerves! As for you, well you sound like you've got a head on your shoulders so you might just survive the test of time!

Good luck!

:)
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:55
i know that you guys have 'worked hard' to get your "reg" status but just dont think that "newbie" means idiot. ive been readin as much as i can about all major consoles (not just Nin ones, my favs) for the past 4 or 5 years. just remember that ye guys, even "notables", all started off as "newbies".

Glucose_Addict.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.