GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Post Your Portfolio"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 18:21
Regular
Ok, I'm interested. Lets have a look at the kind of websites you've all designed. Perhaps post 2 or 3 of the ones your most proud of.

My 3 are...

www.andi.tk
www.l2productions.co.uk
www.lewq.2y.net/andi/iroko

The last one, IROKO, is still under construction, but i like the design of it and its different from my others.

So, post away, increase your hit counts and lets get some constructive critacism (sp?) going.
Sat 13/04/02 at 00:12
Regular
heh, this is getting good....

COME ON YOU NEWBIE!!!
Sat 13/04/02 at 00:08
Regular
Whooo! wrote:
> Oh, and I'm 16, with the maturity of a 16 year old. You appear to be
> what, 18? 19? with the maturity of a 12 year old, if that..

The originality overwhelms me.

Listen mate, it's pretty obvious you don't have a fecking clue what you're on about so do us all a favour and get lost eh?

Trying to get to me with playground antics isn't going to work so go and try them on some form 3ers. Maybe you can even get some dinner money off some of them.
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:30
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Taking the side of a Newbie? have you no shame?
Fri 12/04/02 at 22:07
Regular
"How Handy."
No probs Garin mate, no offence taken, I'm behind you all the way, luckily you can be bothered making a decent arguement with him, I really cant, so I'll just sit here and root for you.. :)
Fri 12/04/02 at 22:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Gar-J wrote:
> Btw, I quit my job two months ago, so yeah, you earn more than me at
> present. :) Make you feel good? Superior?
>
> No, but at the end of the day that isn't why I write here. It's cos
> people like Whooo irritate me.
>

Wrong...superiority, thats exactly what this whole discussion was about. People being put in their place, being ranked according to their ability. You saying a person can't call themselves a web designer until they've accomplished blah..blah...
Whooo irritates you because he has ideas above his station eh? Hes no web designer, hes just a silly kid who plays with html, right?
(Sorry Whooo, not meaning to offend you.)

> Ah well, you'll grow up
> someday I'm sure. :)
>
> So you will consider me grown up when I agree with what you're saying
> yea? Even though it's just bo!!ocks?
>

Nope, how about when you can take criticism of what you say? Or how about when you can hold a conversation without resorting to juvenile remarks. How about when you can actually counter what people write rather than put silly remarks? I dunno, maybe my expectations are too high.
If you want to bring this down to right and wrong, I'm quite happy to admit to being wrong. You however obviously are not. I'll even admit right now that if presented correctly, your original post had some validity, but sadly all you wanted to do is put people down.

> But I think if I was a crap programmer my employers would get someone
> else in for 34K, don't you? Maybe like your unemployed ar5e since you
> are so 'elite'.
>

Hm, not gonna work for 34k, sorry. :)
Once again I thank you for illustrating the same point I've been trying to make all along though. I can call myself elite and look down at you, and criticize what you do and say you're not really a programmer or even a good one. Annoys you doesn't it? Well its exactly what you've been to people here who might consider themselves web designers.

-G
Fri 12/04/02 at 21:47
Regular
"How Handy."
Gar-J wrote:
>Now kindly do ME a favour and f@ck off somewhere where you're wanted, if
>such a place exists.

Funny, sounds like you mentioning popularity, I mean, you've shown me the light. I see now that I'm not wanted here, and that you are! Wow...

And to be honest, I cant be arsed with making and sort of vaguely decent reply to you, because your not even worthy of my precious time...

Oh, and I'm 16, with the maturity of a 16 year old. You appear to be what, 18? 19? with the maturity of a 12 year old, if that..
Fri 12/04/02 at 20:35
Regular
Whooo! wrote:
> Come on. Tell the truth. How many people are you? clearly not just
> the one as you dont even know what you've posted! You brought up the
> popularity mate, I really think you should start from scratch and read
> the entire thread again, as it seems to me you haven't got a clue what
> anyones on about, yourself included..

Although I admit I have the programming skills of 30 people all rolled in to one, every other aspect of me is just 1 person. :oP

Whooo, can you actually come up with anything yourself? All you seem to do is ride on the back/up the of other people on here and repeat what they say. How old are you, kid?

This thread was about your design skills/lack of them, and I don't think I'll ever forget that after the number of times I've had to repeat myself to get through your thick head.

because this string doesn't have enough room for any more of your boring (if mildly satisfying) posts, even if they do point out what a you are.

Oh and... YOU brought up popularity mate... and here's you accusing me of not remembering what I posted? OH MY GOD HOW THICK CAN SOMEONE BE?
Fri 12/04/02 at 20:27
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Me still. :)
> You're being taunted and you don't see it...

Yeah whatever mate. ;oP

> Btw, I quit my job two months ago, so yeah, you earn more than me at
> present. :) Make you feel good? Superior?

No, but at the end of the day that isn't why I write here. It's cos people like Whooo irritate me.

Ah well, you'll grow up
> someday I'm sure. :)

So you will consider me grown up when I agree with what you're saying yea? Even though it's just bo!!ocks?

But when I decide to work again, I'll be sure to
> let you know how much I earn if you like.

That would be interesting. Always wondered how much stand-up comedians make.

> Doesn't make you a good programmer though, remember that. :)

But I think if I was a crap programmer my employers would get someone else in for 34K, don't you? Maybe like your unemployed ar5e since you are so 'elite'.

> Finished with you anyway, unless anybody really wants me to annoy you
> some more. :)

I'm sure you'll find some other irrelevent crap to spout on here so I won't hold my breath.
Fri 12/04/02 at 20:08
Regular
"How Handy."
Come on. Tell the truth. How many people are you? clearly not just the one as you dont even know what you've posted! You brought up the popularity mate, I really think you should start from scratch and read the entire thread again, as it seems to me you haven't got a clue what anyones on about, yourself included..
Fri 12/04/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Gar-J wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> Yeah but sadly the repetition comes from you.
>
> I know the repetition comes from me. That's what I said. I have to say
> the same thing three or four times before people like you understand.
> I'm really getting tired of your lack of intelligence and inability to
> LEARN on this matter.
>
> I've certainly not said you claimed nobody on here could call
> themselves a web designer.
>
> Oh no? So what the feck is this?
> Garin wrote:
> Gar-J,
> I find it quite interesting that YOU are allowed to judge yourself a
> programmer, but people on here aren't allowed to judge themselves as
> web designers.
>
> That's what it looks like you're saying to me... Next:
>

Ok, I'll explain it for you yet again...
You are a programmer. That you call yourself a programmer is your decision, you are judging if you are a programmer or not. You're not applying some independent criteria of whether you're a programmer or not. You said it yourself, 'I believe I'm a programmer because...'. as I said, YOU are judging what you are. But you're not allowing people the same freedom on here. You came on here and basically said certain people can't claim to be web designers because they didn't adhere to standards YOU set. They didn't have enough experience, used frontpage or whatever. Now surely you can see this is not fair for you to be setting the standards for others especially when you get to set your own standard. I tried to illustrate this point to you by claiming you weren't a programmer because you didn't meet standards I set, but sadly it went over your head. And when you put this into the context of it only being a name to describe a task, its silly.

> If not then, I still maintain you're no programmer. :)
>
> Can't understand why I'm being made lead programmer and on serious
> whack then...? Probably on better pay than you mate, so who's laughing
> now? :o)
>

Me still. :)
You're being taunted and you don't see it...
Btw, I quit my job two months ago, so yeah, you earn more than me at present. :) Make you feel good? Superior? Ah well, you'll grow up someday I'm sure. :) But when I decide to work again, I'll be sure to let you know how much I earn if you like.

> You keep insisting I'm not a programmer, so why am I being paid 34K
> for programming software?
>

Doesn't make you a good programmer though, remember that. :)
But well see above...

Finished with you anyway, unless anybody really wants me to annoy you some more. :)

-G

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.