GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE vs XBOX, battle for 2nd PLACE...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 22:09
Regular
Its that time of the year again, yes its right its Christmas. Santa bringing pressies to everyone etc etc.

But to the games console market this Christmas will break or make the futures of the Nintendo Gamecube and the Microsoft Xbox!

According to the group Strtegic Analytics (or whatever they are called again) say that the PS2 has clearly won the consoles war. And yes that is TRUE! Who can match Sony's 40million+ consoles sold, not even xbox or the cube can do that as quick as Sony did. Now lets look at why Sony have been so sucessful. After the success of the PS1, many users were rearing to go and buy the PS2.

The PS2 embarrased the Dreamcast, but why did this happen, well Sony threw in a DVD player, which was a good thing. But the Dreamcast had a lot of potential in it, but just did not work out. Another thing JAPAN has had a BIGGGGG influence on the PS2. The home of Sony, many Japanese people have bought the PS2, if this continues, every single household will have the PS2. Which just isn't right. Having 71% of the market share, which company can withhold Sony. Well thats down to either Microsoft or Nintendo.

The battle is on for 2nd PLACE. Yes thats right. Its Cube vs Box. Both systems have potential. My fave is the Cube, others will like the PS2 or the Xbox. But Nintendo have got the lead over Microsoft, as the cube has sold over 10 millions whereas the Xbox has only sold over 8 million boxes.

So this will be the biggest battle for 2nd place, for 2nd place in the market share. its nothing compared to 2nd place in the Formula 1 Driving campionship. Believe both consoles have great games, both will be realising online capabilities. But this Christmas will decide who's the better out of the cube and the box. Right now Nintendo have second place, but will this continue (I think it will). (Nintendo gonna have a massive cube party, this will help them sell a few more cubes, Xbox really aint got a proper marketing strategy yet, the PS2 will be doing quite a few things as well this xmas to make their console sell).

What do you all think? Which will come out to be on 2nd place? Can Sony ever stop selling the PS2? Well thats for us consumers to decide.
Mon 28/10/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Who here really thinks the Xbox is going down, or they are just desperate in need for sales. How many price cuts have there been within its first year in launch? Hey come on some one should know?

Giving away 2 free games, why do they do this so people can buy the console, but will this work, I don't know. JAPAN! Many people still not convinced to buy the Xbox! Australia, Are they pullling out or not? The White Sega Box! Why are Sega doing this, they apparently didn't like the idea of Microsoft giving two free sega games away, This will mean less people will buy those 2 sega games, resulting to less money being made for Sega!

Basically the Xbox hasn't had a great start, lets see if Xbox Live can really boost there sales, Maybe I'll try Vodafone Live instead!
Mon 28/10/02 at 02:03
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> squad based shooter please.

Rogue Spear, Sum Of All Fears, Ghost Recon.

> Hmmmmmmmmm, or maybe a rally game.

Pro Rally, Rally Championship, Rally Fusion: Race Of Champions, Colin McRae Rally 3.

> Demolition derby game maybe?

Smugglers Run: Warzones, Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions..? I'm not sure what you mean, could you elaborate on this genre?

> Football manager game like LMA?

LMA Manager, perchance?

> how bout a stealthy game? :-)

Those Tom Clancey's I mentioned, Splinter Cell.

> Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I'll just stick to my X-Box.

Or maybe you could open up your eyes a bit more?
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> PLease pay no attention to Da_1_and_only, he obvioulsy hasn't got a
> clue what he's talking about.
>
> Bloody ZooCube, I think he's been smoking too much herb. I'd type a
> list of great Gamecube games coming up but I can't be ar$ed to be
> honest.

Yep, LOL! ZooCube! what was I thinking, was on a site, checking out titles just came across this and slapped it in, I could of chose from dozens of great names but dunno why I put this.
Sun 27/10/02 at 19:55
Regular
Thats because I always give games a chance, even if I hated the previous versions.

Except Fifa that is.
Sun 27/10/02 at 19:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes - didn't you do a little wants list in the Ninty forum that had Ghost Recon on it ?

Plus I think it'll be better on X-Box with the online play. Games such as Ghost Recon and Counter Strike are very strong online titles where players need to work as a team a lot more to succeed.
Sun 27/10/02 at 03:18
Regular
It wasn't fun because tahts literally all I did.

Your supposed to spend ahes planning and stuff.

I just gave everyone gas grenades, gas masks and pistols. Walked up to the building. Through a grenade in every window. Walked inside. Shot everyone. It was easy and dull.
Sun 27/10/02 at 01:51
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:

> I think I fired gas grenades through all the windows, then walked in
> and shot all the people asleep on the floor.
>
> They suck.

You see to me, that sounds like fun.

May like Clancy games if I play an up to date version, only games i've played are the older PC titles.
Sun 27/10/02 at 01:48
Regular
His books are worse

I buy them just to spit on
Sun 27/10/02 at 01:10
Regular
"Don't Mess Yourself"
Tom Clancy games are good but strangely similar and technical. Much like his books.
Sun 27/10/02 at 01:07
Regular
I remember playing a Tom Clancy game once.

I think I fired gas grenades through all the windows, then walked in and shot all the people asleep on the floor.

They suck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.