GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE vs XBOX, battle for 2nd PLACE...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 22:09
Regular
Its that time of the year again, yes its right its Christmas. Santa bringing pressies to everyone etc etc.

But to the games console market this Christmas will break or make the futures of the Nintendo Gamecube and the Microsoft Xbox!

According to the group Strtegic Analytics (or whatever they are called again) say that the PS2 has clearly won the consoles war. And yes that is TRUE! Who can match Sony's 40million+ consoles sold, not even xbox or the cube can do that as quick as Sony did. Now lets look at why Sony have been so sucessful. After the success of the PS1, many users were rearing to go and buy the PS2.

The PS2 embarrased the Dreamcast, but why did this happen, well Sony threw in a DVD player, which was a good thing. But the Dreamcast had a lot of potential in it, but just did not work out. Another thing JAPAN has had a BIGGGGG influence on the PS2. The home of Sony, many Japanese people have bought the PS2, if this continues, every single household will have the PS2. Which just isn't right. Having 71% of the market share, which company can withhold Sony. Well thats down to either Microsoft or Nintendo.

The battle is on for 2nd PLACE. Yes thats right. Its Cube vs Box. Both systems have potential. My fave is the Cube, others will like the PS2 or the Xbox. But Nintendo have got the lead over Microsoft, as the cube has sold over 10 millions whereas the Xbox has only sold over 8 million boxes.

So this will be the biggest battle for 2nd place, for 2nd place in the market share. its nothing compared to 2nd place in the Formula 1 Driving campionship. Believe both consoles have great games, both will be realising online capabilities. But this Christmas will decide who's the better out of the cube and the box. Right now Nintendo have second place, but will this continue (I think it will). (Nintendo gonna have a massive cube party, this will help them sell a few more cubes, Xbox really aint got a proper marketing strategy yet, the PS2 will be doing quite a few things as well this xmas to make their console sell).

What do you all think? Which will come out to be on 2nd place? Can Sony ever stop selling the PS2? Well thats for us consumers to decide.
Sat 26/10/02 at 01:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
da_1_n_only wrote:
> Overall the Gamecubez the console to get for all types of games

Excellent ! In that case I'll have a squad based shooter please. :-) Hmmmmmmmmm, or maybe a rally game. Demolition derby game maybe ? Football manager game like LMA ? Hmmmmmmmmmm, I know, how bout a stealthy game ? :-)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I'll just stick to my X-Box.
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:03
Regular
"^_^"
Yes, can you play American PS2 games...eh....eh.....*runs*
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:24
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
FOR THOSE EARGELY WAITING FOR The "FREELOADER", news in its coming out in less than 2 weeks!

(Taken from GoblinDirect) "Yes, you did actually read that right. According to Datel, Freeloader will DEFINITELY, 100% be finished and shipping within the next week, which means that in less than two weeks, we should have Freeloader in stock and ready to sell to you, the lucky consumer!"

At last we can play Metroid Prime, when it comes out in US Soon!
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
УªÐ ©ow wrote:
> Don't know about anyone else but i think the XBOX sucks!Sure it's got
> wicked controllers but i just don't like the choice of games on it

Well it dont suck, its just hopeless! Sure a couple of millions have bought the item, many of them Americans as it was produced there. Well the games on the xbox are ok, but some titles are bad! Its a console which is losing money for each box they sell as they had so many price cuts, (desperation), ITs got multi-format games! Controllers are big (Try out MadCatz Mricon Pad! Thats a smaller size),

Overall the Gamecubez the console to get for all types of games or the PS2!
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
It sucks too !? Might as well split up with my gf then and save some money. :-)
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:47
Don't know about anyone else but i think the XBOX sucks!Sure it's got wicked controllers but i just don't like the choice of games on it
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:09
Regular
Ah, the magic of opinion :D.
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> What about GameCube and PS2?

Hmmmmmmmmm, nope. :-)

> I, for one, think that the games
> available on each of them put the X-Box to shame.

Not me. :-) A good amount of PS2's line up is coming to X-Box and as for GC - pfft. ;-)
Fri 25/10/02 at 19:50
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Really? What consoles would they be then and what games are going to
> be so much better?

What about GameCube and PS2? I, for one, think that the games available on each of them put the X-Box to shame.

Deus Ex 2 is also rumoured for PS2, but I'll grant you that the X-Box version will probably be miles better :D.
Fri 25/10/02 at 19:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Deus Ex 2, and Haven: Call To The King are definitely not exclusive.
> Star Wars I don't think is exclusive, and I have no idea about BC.

My mistake on Haven. The only other format that Deus Ex 2 will be available on is PC. So overall, its at leat a console exclusive. ;-)
As for Star Wars: KOTOR, it was planned for PC I think, but its now just coming to the X-Box.

> Yes - they sprang to mind did they? Of course they did. And I can
> remember every pub's name in Devon. When compared to other consoles
> though, the list doesn't look very impressive.

Really ? What consoles would they be then and what games are going to be so much better ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.