GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE vs XBOX, battle for 2nd PLACE...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 22:09
Regular
Its that time of the year again, yes its right its Christmas. Santa bringing pressies to everyone etc etc.

But to the games console market this Christmas will break or make the futures of the Nintendo Gamecube and the Microsoft Xbox!

According to the group Strtegic Analytics (or whatever they are called again) say that the PS2 has clearly won the consoles war. And yes that is TRUE! Who can match Sony's 40million+ consoles sold, not even xbox or the cube can do that as quick as Sony did. Now lets look at why Sony have been so sucessful. After the success of the PS1, many users were rearing to go and buy the PS2.

The PS2 embarrased the Dreamcast, but why did this happen, well Sony threw in a DVD player, which was a good thing. But the Dreamcast had a lot of potential in it, but just did not work out. Another thing JAPAN has had a BIGGGGG influence on the PS2. The home of Sony, many Japanese people have bought the PS2, if this continues, every single household will have the PS2. Which just isn't right. Having 71% of the market share, which company can withhold Sony. Well thats down to either Microsoft or Nintendo.

The battle is on for 2nd PLACE. Yes thats right. Its Cube vs Box. Both systems have potential. My fave is the Cube, others will like the PS2 or the Xbox. But Nintendo have got the lead over Microsoft, as the cube has sold over 10 millions whereas the Xbox has only sold over 8 million boxes.

So this will be the biggest battle for 2nd place, for 2nd place in the market share. its nothing compared to 2nd place in the Formula 1 Driving campionship. Believe both consoles have great games, both will be realising online capabilities. But this Christmas will decide who's the better out of the cube and the box. Right now Nintendo have second place, but will this continue (I think it will). (Nintendo gonna have a massive cube party, this will help them sell a few more cubes, Xbox really aint got a proper marketing strategy yet, the PS2 will be doing quite a few things as well this xmas to make their console sell).

What do you all think? Which will come out to be on 2nd place? Can Sony ever stop selling the PS2? Well thats for us consumers to decide.
Mon 28/10/02 at 23:25
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
Plus even now, I've
> had no response of a demolition derby style title which basically
> underlines the fact that Nintendo hasn't got everything.

Demolition Derby is hardly a genre, that's like saying Xbox has no games with little flower men trying to rebuild a spaceship.
Mon 28/10/02 at 22:59
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:

> The games I got in response are basically going to be on X-Box - only
> it seems most of them will be out on X-Box first. Plus even now, I've
> had no response of a demolition derby style title which basically
> underlines the fact that Nintendo hasn't got everything.

Are you claiming that the X-box has everything though?

Cause when I look over the release list I see a load dull army games mostly.

Then theres games like Blinx, which you all rave about, and proceeds to get faily pants scores pretty much everywhere.

Everythings soo...realistic..on the X-box.

And thats the biggest turn off I get for computer games.

Why the hell invent computer games if you try and make them as much like life as possible? Thats why I much prefer the imaginary, cartoon worlds Nintendo create.

It doesn't look like what I see every day out of the window.
Mon 28/10/02 at 21:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Alan Rudd wrote:
> NINTENDO RULES!!!

It sure does ! In playschools everywhere. ;-)
Mon 28/10/02 at 21:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Sav,Sav,Sav you've done it again. You asked him if the Gamecube had
> any of these sorts of games on it, you didn't ask him to make a list
> of games that would appeal to you or any other Xbox owners.

Tilt, Tilt, Tilt - I asked if the GC had these types of games because some seem to like to dictate that Nintendo has everything while the X-Box has nothing, which is completely untrue.

The games I got in response are basically going to be on X-Box - only it seems most of them will be out on X-Box first. Plus even now, I've had no response of a demolition derby style title which basically underlines the fact that Nintendo hasn't got everything.
Mon 28/10/02 at 20:32
Regular
Kyz22 wrote:
Who wants a big
> plastic X! Unless your crucifying midgets

HA HA funniest thing i've read all day!
Mon 28/10/02 at 20:29
"Gimme The Triforce"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Cube will win, Xbox will flop..... I know I havent made a detail
> explanation like others look to have, but im right! Who wants a big
> plastic X! Unless your crucifying midgets
good on ya kyz22 im with you because X box is just a big chunk of junk

NINTENDO RULES!!!
Mon 28/10/02 at 20:23
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Cube will win, Xbox will flop..... I know I havent made a detail explanation like others look to have, but im right! Who wants a big plastic X! Unless your crucifying midgets
Mon 28/10/02 at 20:18
Regular
Sav,Sav,Sav you've done it again. You asked him if the Gamecube had any of these sorts of games on it, you didn't ask him to make a list of games that would appeal to you or any other Xbox owners.
Mon 28/10/02 at 20:17
"Gimme The Triforce"
i dont care whats out on the consoles but its how you think of it! i think *all the way* is gamecube will be most popular *beacuse of all the great deals* the only draw back with the gamecube right now is that the games are a bit expensive i have buaght 3 games * £40 each* yes they may be expensive but they are definatly worth it the games i got was SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MEELE SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE AND TONY HAWKS PRO SKATER 3 these games are all greate but another draw back is that all the leading consoles in the top right now *gamecube , playstation 2 , x box* have got repeats like turock evolution tony hawks pro skater 3 and more but i think that gamecube will rise to the top this year x box is still greate but im a big nintendo fan *the super nintendo is still my fav console* but i just love all the games they bring out *even if they are some repeatse* but basicly to sum up all what im babling on about GAMECUBE ALL THE WAY!

*list of games looking forward to*
1) mario party 4
2) starfox dinosaur adventure
3) metroid prime
4) tony hawks pro skater 4
5) spyro: enter the dragon fly

these are just a few of the games im looking forward to on gamecube *most probably most of them will be on ps2 and x box but they are still greate*

NINTENDO RULES!!!
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Rogue Spear, Sum Of All Fears, Ghost Recon.

Coming to X-Box so why worry about owning one of the other 2 for them ?

> Pro Rally, Rally Championship, Rally Fusion: Race Of Champions, Colin
> McRae Rally 3.

Again, at least most of these are coming to X-Box.

> Smugglers Run: Warzones, Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions..? I'm not
> sure what you mean, could you elaborate on this genre?

Whats so confusing about it ? Demolition derby is like the name suggests, racing games such as Demolition derby or Crash where theres more emphasis on wrecking the other competitors besides just racing around the track trying to get 1st place.

> LMA Manager, perchance?

Yup.

> Those Tom Clancey's I mentioned, Splinter Cell.

And as I mentioned - they're on X-Box.

> Or maybe you could open up your eyes a bit more?

I owned a PS2 and I also had a GC. I decided to trade in my PS2 towards the X-Box and when I got the GC I wasn't all that impressed with it so I traded it in. The only thing that would have made me buy another GC was an appearance from Conker's BFD, but now Rare are with Microsoft.
Anyway, what with all this opening eyes stuff ? Coming from the person who rants about Halo being the only decent X-Box game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.