GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has anyone played and X-Box in the shops?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 17:14
Regular
I haven't! All the playable X-Box's in Windsor were turned off. I asked if they could turn it on but they all said "Sorry it's broken." All of them broken!?! That's not a good thing!!! Typical of Microsoft, everything breaks!
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:25
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I meant the X-Box was wasted not the 'Cube. The 'Cube was working fine.
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I played the X-Box in Toy 'R' Us a while back, but the stupid thing crashed twice! Then when i went to play the GameCube in Toys 'R' Us the thing was wasted. The Controller is terrible. With so many buttons spread out all over the place you forget which is for what.
Mon 01/04/02 at 17:30
Regular
"Hmmm....."
To answer your question,
Yes, i have played on one in my local EB.
Mon 01/04/02 at 17:19
Regular
AFX wrote:
> Strafex wrote:

Goldeneye took a PC genre and put all the PC FPS's to
> complete
> shame. It took the PC a whole year to come up with something
> better, and even
> then Half Life had borrowed a lot of Goldeneye's
> elements.

goldeneye put doom, duke nukem and quake to shame did it........ no
> i dont think so, and what did half life *borrow* from goldeneye...?

I myself wouldn't compare Goldeneye with previous PC games since most FPS's then used 2D sprites with 3D levels. Goldeneye did revolutionalise FPS gaming though, proving it was possible for FPS's to have many 3D characters, good AI (which is changable if you unlock 007 agent) and brilliant graphics (for the time).

It also proved that the levels could have more of a reason to them than just killing everything in sight.

I don't think Half Life borrowed much, if anything from Goldeneye though. I can't see anything too similar between the games other than they are both FPS's.
Mon 01/04/02 at 16:50
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
Strafex wrote:

Goldeneye took a PC genre and put all the PC FPS's to complete
> shame. It took the PC a whole year to come up with something better, and even
> then Half Life had borrowed a lot of Goldeneye's elements.

goldeneye put doom, duke nukem and quake to shame did it........ no i dont think so, and what did half life *borrow* from goldeneye...?
Sun 31/03/02 at 22:48
Regular
You had to wait a while for a good N64 game to pop up, but when they did come along, they blew EVERYTHING else out of the water.

Mario revolutionised platforming and proved that games could properly work in 3D.
Zelda is a perfect balance between story, graphics, and gameplay and has been often quoted the best game ever.
Goldeneye took a PC genre and put all the PC FPS's to complete shame. It took the PC a whole year to come up with something better, and even then Half Life had borrowed a lot of Goldeneye's elements.
Mario Kart and Goldeneye revolutionised multiplayer gaming proving that splitscreen was the way forward.

Perfect Dark would've ruled all only it was only just outdone because the latest PC's were using technology unheard of when the N64 was built.

And that's just the most revolutionary titles.
There were plenty more that the Playstation couldn't hope to match in terms of quality.

The PS had MORE good games but the N64 had the few very best ones.
Sun 31/03/02 at 00:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
50 'Great' Games??? I really can't see there being 50 great games on the 64. Maybe 20 very good games but there definantly were not 50 of them.
Sat 30/03/02 at 23:37
Phi11ip wrote:
> You have got to remember, there are some people in here who think that GC will
> be the best console in the world, PS2 and XBox will be crap and havnt got any
> games. I personally like the PS2 although I havn't played the Gamecube but I'm
> not going to get one because I made the mistake of getting the 64 which I feel
> wasn't very successful. A few good games but not many (please dont quote that
> and make stupid comments like 'There were LOADS of great N64 games' because
> there wern't.)
I personally havn't really got any problem with the Cube or
> Xbox and I really don't think that I'm shallow minded enough to go around saying
> that the XBOX is crap like there was a thread the other day saying. If I could
> have all three consoles, I would but im not that rich.
Any
> donations????

P.S I am not aiming this at anybody, I'm just trying to teach
> a few people that other consoles are also very good and just because they are
> Nintendo fans it doesn't mean that everything is crap.

well, i know you said not to take you up on that, and i agree the 64 only had around say 50 great games, but you can't say you regret buying it cuz it wasn't that succesful. anyway. i dunno many people who buy anywhere near 50 games per console. on thop of this, the ps had tons of games, but only a similar numbers, if not less, great ones.
Sat 30/03/02 at 23:22
Regular
I personally find the X-box to be crap, but not cos I'm a Nintendo fan. I'm also a Sinclair, Sega and even Westwood Studios fan!

I'm not going to explain why though, cos this is the Nintendo forum, and as it's already said, this isn't the place to discuss the X-box.
Sat 30/03/02 at 21:00
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You have got to remember, there are some people in here who think that GC will be the best console in the world, PS2 and XBox will be crap and havnt got any games. I personally like the PS2 although I havn't played the Gamecube but I'm not going to get one because I made the mistake of getting the 64 which I feel wasn't very successful. A few good games but not many (please dont quote that and make stupid comments like 'There were LOADS of great N64 games' because there wern't.)
I personally havn't really got any problem with the Cube or Xbox and I really don't think that I'm shallow minded enough to go around saying that the XBOX is crap like there was a thread the other day saying. If I could have all three consoles, I would but im not that rich.
Any donations????

P.S I am not aiming this at anybody, I'm just trying to teach a few people that other consoles are also very good and just because they are Nintendo fans it doesn't mean that everything is crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.