GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has anyone played and X-Box in the shops?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 17:14
Regular
I haven't! All the playable X-Box's in Windsor were turned off. I asked if they could turn it on but they all said "Sorry it's broken." All of them broken!?! That's not a good thing!!! Typical of Microsoft, everything breaks!
Fri 29/03/02 at 17:14
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I haven't! All the playable X-Box's in Windsor were turned off. I asked if they could turn it on but they all said "Sorry it's broken." All of them broken!?! That's not a good thing!!! Typical of Microsoft, everything breaks!
Fri 29/03/02 at 19:43
Regular
I played one a few weeks back but I havent been into town for ages so I havent played on a GameCube yet.
Fri 29/03/02 at 20:10
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
I have played a xbox and man, it reeks! the controller is way too big and as for the console, well, it needs a forklift truck just to lift it.
Fri 29/03/02 at 21:07
in leicester there seems to be one in every shop, even the clouthes shops!

i dont like it and think it was crap but still play it for ages.
Fri 29/03/02 at 23:07
Regular
Leicester... I played on in the Shires Virgin Mega Store on thursday.

It was Halo and it was pretty good. Nice graphics, smooth action...

The pad was a bit weird but nothing you couldn't get used to although I was pretty crap at the game (this being down to the fact that the N64 has trained me as a "left thumbed analogue user" so I was used to looking up and down with the left and move with the right. As a result I'd move forward when I tried to look down and look down when I tried to move forward! :-D)

Halo was great, but not enough for me to want to choose it over Mario, Zelda and Perfect Dark, or Monkey Ball and Smash Brothers in the multiplayer arena.
Sat 30/03/02 at 18:10
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
i have an X BOX and it isnt that heavy, you must be a wimp if you need a forklift to move it. the controller isnt big your hands must be small :-P
Sat 30/03/02 at 18:13
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
big_slow wrote:
> dont like it and think it was crap but still play it for ages.

do you normally do things that are crap and you dont like for long periods of time??? that really is a stupid thing to say "its crap but i played it lots" why???
Sat 30/03/02 at 18:13
Regular
"Whatever!"
I only played one very, very breifly - I found no trouble handling the controller, cant see why most people moan about it - Theres not much difference in size between this and the DC controller!!
Had a quick go on Project Gotham and Amped - Both seem pretty good but I didnt really have long enough to start making judgments!!
I like the look of Halo though - This seems to be the game that tempts me the most!!
Sat 30/03/02 at 19:01
I've played an X-Box, but shouldn't this be in the X-Box forum? Anyway, back on topic, I've played all the games on the demo CD, and I particularly liked Project Gotham and Fuzion Frenzy. So I bought an X-Box and the first game I bought was (you guessed it), Project Gotham Racing. I kept thinking that the game was called Gotham City Racing for some reason, but I have that out of my head now, after the playing the game for a long, long time. The titles weren't really varied enough in the stores, and I felt that they didn't have enough of them either, so it took me some extra convincing from my friend before I went out and got one. I must say that I'm ultimately pleased with the product and don't regret getting it. There's a decent selection of titles out (Halo, PGR, Max Payne etc) and I think that it can only get better for Microsoft.

Rock on Bill! :D
Sat 30/03/02 at 21:00
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You have got to remember, there are some people in here who think that GC will be the best console in the world, PS2 and XBox will be crap and havnt got any games. I personally like the PS2 although I havn't played the Gamecube but I'm not going to get one because I made the mistake of getting the 64 which I feel wasn't very successful. A few good games but not many (please dont quote that and make stupid comments like 'There were LOADS of great N64 games' because there wern't.)
I personally havn't really got any problem with the Cube or Xbox and I really don't think that I'm shallow minded enough to go around saying that the XBOX is crap like there was a thread the other day saying. If I could have all three consoles, I would but im not that rich.
Any donations????

P.S I am not aiming this at anybody, I'm just trying to teach a few people that other consoles are also very good and just because they are Nintendo fans it doesn't mean that everything is crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.