GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband at any cost?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 00:51
Regular
Postcode: LS22 4ET
Budget: Limitless

I don't live in an ADSL area, but me & Mum both agree we *need* broadband, at any cost. So, what are my options?
Sat 30/03/02 at 12:54
Regular
"How Handy."
Pipex will only charge you the £50 if you disconnect within the first 3 months.

My installation date is April 10th, roll on then.
Sat 30/03/02 at 12:33
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Whooo! wrote: pah @ BT, go Pipex.

But Pipex charge £50 if you want to cancel for the first year, so it would work out cheaper for me to go with BT. As for that tele2, talk about crap coverage of the UK, hehe.

Thing is, I'm waiting for Freeola to get ADSL going, which is why I'm not going with Pipex, because of the cut-off fee, but I'm not sure if BT have this as well ... I'll have to look.

But as Freeola is where I host my sites and all, and I have to connect through Freeola to update my sites, it just makes better sence to go with there ADSL, plus I've been with them for a couple of years, and know they are a good service *Sits back and awaits for the 1st Month free offer to be sent* :o)
Fri 29/03/02 at 22:49
Regular
"How Handy."
*drums fingers*

Is it next week yet?
Thu 28/03/02 at 23:40
Regular
"How Handy."
It doesnt have a number, it has a name :)

I also have Reaper's address..

Be afraid..
Thu 28/03/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
cool all i need now is your house number and i'll "know where you live"

:)
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:56
Regular
"How Handy."
erm, £40 isnt really that affordable, I'm only paying £23.44 a month..
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
I got broadband from www.tele2.co.uk, £39.99 a month for a fast 512k a second connection, with 256k upload speed/and the full 512k for downloads.

They're also currently offering the service on a month's free trial.

So if you want a good broadband connection at an affordable price, go with Tele2, and with the added option of trying it out for nowt for a month, you can't get much better.

Screw crappy BT and their rubbish roll-outs.

And for once, the tech support guys actually know their stuff, they even didn't charge me for having to come out and shift the arial cos it was interfering with my Sky Digital digi-box.

By the way, I don't work for Tele2, I am just hyping them due to being very happy with their service, despite the fact that their sales staff are,and I quote, "complete muppets", cos whenever I phone 'em up, they say they will phone me back, and never do so I end up having to chase them up.
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:29
Regular
"How Handy."
It depends more on the brand then external/internal, but most people tend to go for external. Those prices seem ok, quite low, but not excellent if they're just cheap brands.

*cough* Just like to add..

Dear Mr A Thompson

Thank you for your application for PIPEX Xtreme ADSL. We are pleased to confirm
that we have received your order and we have started the order process.

ooh, I'm so happy :)

I ordered an Asus Router, £140 and its fast, always on and will serve the ASDL to my entire network. That should be here early next week :)
Thu 28/03/02 at 17:30
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
SR now sell ADSL Modems, and I was just wondering if there are any differentce between an internal one and external one?? As I remember a while ago people saying one or the other was batter and faster.

Also, is £69.99 and £79.99 a good price for one???
Thu 28/03/02 at 16:19
Regular
I have to wait for my broadband till wednesday...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.