GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband at any cost?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 00:51
Regular
Postcode: LS22 4ET
Budget: Limitless

I don't live in an ADSL area, but me & Mum both agree we *need* broadband, at any cost. So, what are my options?
Fri 05/04/02 at 14:01
Regular
"How Handy."
I have a 576/288 ADSL line installed, what fun, damn shame Pipex aren't letting me use it yet :(
Fri 05/04/02 at 11:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nah, me neither.
Fri 05/04/02 at 10:28
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I don't think you can use your dish for the satellite from Tiscali service.
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Greece was... quite warm. Hot on some days. I'm off there again in 2 days though (oh god... business trip), and I'll make a full report when I get back.

I'm currently talking to Ruari/GroovyCarrot about a 128k ISDN (sole for gaming) then a Satellite connection for general surfing/massive downloads. We already have a dish, so that's probably viable.

However....

He's just mentioned that I can get up and down on my satellite from Tiscali (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/tiscalisat/) although this is a bit suspicious if you ask me.

Oh well, the search continues!
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:48
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
So how was Greece????

oh, and to keep this to topic, any closer to getting any form of Broadband??
Thu 04/04/02 at 16:13
Regular
"How Handy."
Rob's back! 'lo rob.

Andi goes broadband on monday :D
Thu 04/04/02 at 13:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
> NTL are saying that they might not have enough money for their 1MB Broadband as
> they're so much in dept. In fact, I've heard, that the entire company might be
> going under. Probably something else, for the British Government to buy.

Nah, I was watching World Business Report while in Greece (as you do) and they said NTL are just staying clear, although it may be 5 years before they actually start making a profit. Still alive and well though!
Wed 03/04/02 at 17:26
Regular
"How Handy."
Yes, their shares have been taken off the stock market, they've lost £11.5bn this year, and are reportedly £200m in debt.

There were some news stories about them being decleared bankrupt, but I've not heard about it since..
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
"Wasting away"
NTL are saying that they might not have enough money for their 1MB Broadband as they're so much in dept. In fact, I've heard, that the entire company might be going under. Probably something else, for the British Government to buy.
Wed 03/04/02 at 15:13
Regular
"How Handy."
NTL's Broadband doesnt suck, just their customer service.

Though saying that, I wouldnt go with them at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.