GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband at any cost?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 00:51
Regular
Postcode: LS22 4ET
Budget: Limitless

I don't live in an ADSL area, but me & Mum both agree we *need* broadband, at any cost. So, what are my options?
Wed 03/04/02 at 14:23
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
Blazing Anton wrote:
> have u thought about ntl?

NTL suck.

Do you see?
Mon 01/04/02 at 15:08
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Oh, and on the companies Web Sites is where you can find out if you can get Broadband through them.
Mon 01/04/02 at 15:06
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
You can only get Broadband if you have a BT line though pipex, and most providers. Only cable companies can also offer broadband on a system other than a BT line.
Mon 01/04/02 at 12:42
Right, I've just got a few questions for you.

1) Can you have Pipex on a BT line, or do you have to have their own system?

2) Where can I find out if it's available in my area?

3) Can you (or someone) tell me a little about Freedom2Surf also.

Thanks in advance.
Pants.
Sun 31/03/02 at 14:10
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Whooo! wrote: Pipex will only charge you the £50 if you disconnect within the first 3 months.

Just to clear this up. The minimum contract is 3 months, so you have to pay for the service for at least 3 months. If you choose to cancel the service within 1 year, you are required to pay a £50 fee.

I just checked out the Term and Conditions for the Pipex Service.
Sat 30/03/02 at 22:00
Regular
"How Handy."
Currently the cheapest Broadband is Freedom2Surf ADSL, followed by Pipex ADSL. Pipex is also very high quality so i jumped at that..

You pay £19.95 a month + VAT and plus the line rental on your phone and any phone calls you make. That's it. All your internet access is included and can be on 24/7 if you want it to be. You can also access the internet while on the phone over the same line.

Installation is free for Pipex but you have to purchase your own modem and spliters. Modems start at £60-£70 and are available from SR. Splitters need to be plugged into your phone line at every point there's a phone plugged in. They cost around £10 from Pipex.

That's it. The easy and cheap route to cheap 512/256 internet access.
Sat 30/03/02 at 21:24
Here's my simple (at first glance, at least) predicament. I have a low budget to work at and want an ADSL internet service which is the cheapest out there with the smallest line rental cost possible (or with no line rental :D). I don't want any cable television or phone line extras, just the internet access. In a nutshell: I want cheap ADSL with no strings attatched - is that possible? Thanks to all whom reply.
Sat 30/03/02 at 21:17
Regular
"How Handy."
Not in the near future no. ADSL is capable of up to 2mb/s so even in the future BT could just flick a switch and increase your bandwidth..
Sat 30/03/02 at 19:04
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I have literally no income, lets get that bit straight. I want broadband, and am thinking about pipex.

BUT:

I want to know if ADSL is likely to be replaced any time in the near future. I dont mean £200 a month leased lines, I mean a comparably priced alternative, thats better. Is it?

I cant afford to buy an ADSL modem, and pay a disconnection fee if its likely to be outdated soon. any thoughts?
Sat 30/03/02 at 13:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Is it really only 3 months???
I'm sure I read 1 year .. hhmm.

Anyway, BT is out, 12 month minimum contract ... so no to that then :o)

Maybe I should just stop using the net altogether, and take up smoking, lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.