GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband at any cost?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 00:51
Regular
Postcode: LS22 4ET
Budget: Limitless

I don't live in an ADSL area, but me & Mum both agree we *need* broadband, at any cost. So, what are my options?
Wed 27/03/02 at 00:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Postcode: LS22 4ET
Budget: Limitless

I don't live in an ADSL area, but me & Mum both agree we *need* broadband, at any cost. So, what are my options?
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:04
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
have u thought about ntl?
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:06
"Mum and I both agreed.."

Translation:

"I told mum that.."

Anyway..

Budget: Limitless.

Solution: 10mbit leased line.

:D
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Blazing Anton wrote:
> have u thought about ntl?

Nah, not a cable area either.

So...

10mbit leased line. Any idea of price, or where to go for quotes/etc..?
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:10
Phone Demon.co.uk, or ntl.

It's likely to be quite expensive.. in the region of a few hundred a month.. but I'd ship io out to you if I could hook it up to that kind of pipe :D
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:24
Regular
"everyone says it"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Blazing Anton wrote:
> have u thought about ntl?

Nah, not a cable area
> either.

So...

10mbit leased line. Any idea of price, or where to go for
> quotes/etc..?

You are joking!

Leased lines cost SOOO MUCH.

I am on a 256k/sec one and have been since last April with a years payment from my dads company. It was a complete waste of money and was about 10 grand.

Don't even bother. Just wait until fibre :D
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:52
Yes, I was joking.

But a 10mbit pipe would be extremely cool :)
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:38
Regular
"..."
Get NTL, who although are complete muppets when it comes to installs, the actual service once connected is cool. They had to come round 4 times (and not turn up once) before the install was complete. Idiots.

also a company called homechoice? does broadband some freaky way, if you are having trouble getting it in your area.
Wed 27/03/02 at 11:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just think of all that money Special Reserve could make if Freeola rolled out ADSL real soon :o).
Wed 27/03/02 at 13:20
"High polygon count"
It would still depend on the area you live in, even if Freeola launched it tomorrow. They still rely on the telecoms companies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.