GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not Again, damn you Microsoft !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/10/02 at 15:59
Regular
So, for the third time this year I'm wondering whether to buy an Xbox. First I was going to get one at launch - I sold my PS2 and all the games....but then changed my mind 5 days from launch and bought a new PS2. Then, in May, I nearly had one then, but bought a Gamecube instead which I really like. Now, it's October, I've just traded in the sixth new release in a row that I bought for PS2 (Hitman 2, previously Tekken 4, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy X, and a pile of others. I'm bored of being told how great Vice City is, The Getaway will be rubbish, and Tomb Raider has been put back til next year.

What's the game that's tempted me ? Splinter Cell, looks brilliant and totally excellent. Plus, though I haven't got Broadband yet, I'm seriously impressed by MS's Xbox Live - unlike Sony's plan its clear, has major games support, and there's a definite price for it which seems quite reasonable. On top of that I still want Halo, DOA3, PGR, Buffy, Jetset Radio, Ralisport, Sega GT2002, and a fair few others.

I've belittled Microsoft's console before, but I think this Christmas their are quite a few games there to impress people.

Er...and thats it really. Pretty pointless topic eh ? Just sitting around geting ready to snipe someone on Ebay he he :)

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 09/11/02 at 22:02
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Thats probably because you did'nt play it much or had the
> "Nintendo are better than anything" attitude. Same thing
> happened to me, The xbox stand was pretty crowded, we was talking to
> the Nintendo fans who were intrested in purchasing an Xbox. Game can
> be really fun at times.

I'm not lying just because it was on X-Box. I'll respect that some people like it but I found the adventuring slow and simple, with little satisfaction and the action fiddly and annoying.

But hey, that's my opinion :D.
Sat 09/11/02 at 20:42
Regular
20% Discount? Thats quite decent!
Sat 09/11/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Belldandy, you go the the Game in Victoria Centre or the one down
> (near) Broadmarsh? The broadmarsh one is fun!

Victoria Centre, don't buy much because most of my games come from Woolworths. Why do I buy from such a boring place ? 20% staff discount and no other reason :)

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 09/11/02 at 12:30
Regular
Game suck, God knows why i purchased a reward card from them last week. Same as WHSmith, they don't sell Xbox or Gamecube games as they have sony up their crack.

Belldandy, you go the the Game in Victoria Centre or the one down (near) Broadmarsh? The broadmarsh one is fun!
Fri 08/11/02 at 23:04
they are all just one way mirrors.
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ironically I went into the Ninty forum recently and made a point about X-Box Live after someone said that the GC's online service was going to "blow it away".
I was soon bombarded with abuse from Ninties who wanted to know why I was making a point about the X-Box in the Ninty forum - bloody cheek when you look at the cack we get in here from them. What made it worse was that some of them that had this attitude often come in here praising the GC.

I carried on posting but it got to the point where Whitestripes seemed like he was about to burst into tears so I just thought "sod this cack" and came back to just posting in here.

Ninties like to crow about their console in here - but as soon as I put my view accross in their forum, I might as well have thrown a glass bottle at a stadium of Millwall fans.
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:44
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I played Buffy in GAME and it was extremely boring in my opinion. I
> then decided to make my way over to the GC area which was far too
> crowded to move. The queue to the console was huge!

You sure they had Buffy on the Xbox, on the saem day BLinx, and Gt 2002, and Lord Of The Rings ? When I was in Game in Nottingham today the only crowd was around the counter where several Game staff were explaining to people that they hadn;t ordered enough copies of GTA Vice.... you can imagine the resulting argument that developed there.

Anyway, whilst I was there I overheard one of Games "advisors" telling this old couple that the PS2 had better graphics than the Xbox and that all the Xbox games were on PC anyway, so they should buy a PS2.

Is it just me, or weren't Game rather enthusiastic about the Xbox pre launch ? And the same for the GC ?

Whatever had happened to Game I don't know. I do know;

1)Don't trust them or their advice, ever.
2)Don't trade in games their, they rip you off big time.
3)You can trust the average Game employee as far as you can kick them.
4)Sony probably own 99% of Game's shares.

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:34
why do fan boys bother in other consoles domain's look at mav he probs dont know he is doing it lol
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I played Buffy in GAME and it was extremely boring in my opinion. I
> then decided to make my way over to the GC area which was far too
> crowded to move. The queue to the console was huge!
>
> That can't be bad :D.

Unfortunatly he didn't realise it was the queue to the counter where people were taking their GC's in to trade in for X-Box. ;-))
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot innovation in genres meant games couldn't be classed
> as what they really are. It's a FPS with originality, something very
> rare.

What was original about it though ? I mean apart from the bits where you choose what to say to people, and where your can augment your agent with stuff ? I hated the dialogue as well...cheese ahoy !

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.